Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET) 2019 | Examination Form, Important Dates And Eligibility Criteria
Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET) is the entrance exam to become an ‘actuary’. ACET is conducted under IAI (Institute of Actuaries of India). ACET is conducted twice in a year and provides you with the opportunity to be in the professional courses of actuaries. It is a University level entrance exam in which the candidates are admitted as the members of IAI. After clearing ACET, there is a membership of IAI, which the applicant has to apply to post their results.
Note: The validity of ACET result is for only three years. If the applicant does not apply for the membership of IAI in the span of three years, he/she has to reappear for the ACET exam. Get the dates, description, important links and syllabus by continuing with the current page.
ACET Important Dates and Details
The notification of important dates of Registration, examination, and results for ACET 2019 has been released and is discussed below with complete procedures and links.
ACET Examination Date 2019
Candidates interested in giving the ACET exam can follow the given schedule
|Events||1st Time Exam Dates||2nd Time Exam Dates|
|Conducts in||June 2019||December 2019|
|Registration form date||20th February||16th August|
|Closing date of Registration form||30th April||31st October|
|Date of release of Admit Card||1st June||4th week of November|
|Date of Examination||15th June||15th December|
|Date of Results||4th July||3rd January 2020|
|Date to avail membership||31st July||23rd January|
The availability for two dates is given as the exam is held twice a year. If a candidate desires to reappear for the test, he/she can.
ACET Eligibility Criteria
- There is no age limit to apply for the exam
- Candidates who have appeared for 12th class or have cleared class 12th with English also a subject can apply for the exam.
- Candidates who are still studying in class 12th can also apply
- Degree holders in mathematical or statistical sciences are held eligible for giving the exam.
- There is no as such class 12th percentage demand for giving the exam.
ACET Application Form Available
Candidates desiring for giving ACET exam, should follow the following guidelines:
- Visit the official website actuariesindia.org.
- ‘Sign up’ on the official website to create an account.
- Fill the registration form with the complete and correct details.
- Candidates are asked to upload their current and colored scanned photograph of 4.5cm length X 3.5cm width in size.
- After the submission of the registration form, the candidates will receive a mail on their registered email id, mentioning the link for further process.
- Candidates are asked to follow the link to fill their application form and submit it.
- Do takeout the print for the submitted application form at the last.
ACET Exam Registration Fees
- The registration fee for the entrance exam of ACET is Rs.3000, including the fees of online exam, one sample question paper, and indicative solutions.
- The registration fee can be paid by internet banking, debit card or the credit card. Once the registration fee is deposited, it is non-refundable and is not taken forward for giving next step examinations of ACET.
- Once the exam is cleared, the IAI has notified, that the candidates will receive their membership only after the independent verification of their documents that are subjected to the self-attested copies of their documents (10th class certificate, 12th class certificate, ID proof, photo proof, name change certificate – if required).
Note: The Admit card will only be provided after providing correct login id and password. The admit card has to be taken with a Government certified id proof to the examination center mentioned in the admit card. Candidates doing 12th can bring their 10th class to admit card with attested photographs.
ACET Exam Examination Centres Available
ACET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of ACET is explained under the given bulletin
- The exam will be of Computer base test.
- The exam duration will be of three hours.
- Exam type is based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- The whole question paper is of 100 marks.
- The question paper contains two sections. The 1st section consists of Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation and 2nd section consist of English and Logical Reasoning.
- The first section contains 55% of the total paper weightage, whereas the second section consists of other 45% of the total paper weightage.
- Both the sections consist of 70 multiple choice questions in total.
- Marks distribution pattern:
|No. of Questions Mentioned||Marks gave|
|45 questions||1 mark each|
|20 questions||2 marks each|
|05 questions||3 marks each|
ACET Exam Marking Scheme
- The negative marking is done on every incorrect answer.
- Half of the total marks of the given is deducted.
- If the question is of 1 mark, 0.5 mark is deducted,
- if the question is for 2 marks, 1 mark is deducted,
- similarly, 1.5 marks are deducted on 3 marks question.
ACET Syllabus Description
The syllabus for ACET includes
- Data Interpretation
- English and Logic.
Syllabus for Mathematics Includes
- Notation and standard functions
- Numerical Methods
Syllabus for Statistics includes
- Permutations and combinations
- Types of data
- Measures of location
- Measures of spread
- Advanced probabilities
- Discrete random variables
- Continuous random variables
- Discrete distributions
- Continuous distributions
Syllabus for Digital Interpretation Consists of
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
Syllabus for English Includes
- Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
- English Usage or Grammar
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Passage
- Analogies or Reverse Analogies
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Meaning-Usage Match
- Summary Questions
- Verbal Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
Syllabus for Logical Reasoning Includes
- Number and Letter Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Logical Matching
- Logical Connectives
- Blood Relations
How should you prepare to clear ACET Exam?
Since the passing marks for the ACET exam are 50 out of 100, hard work gets essential to clear the exam.
The Recommended Books are
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination by – Abhijit Guha,
- Problem Primer for the Olympiad by C R Pranesachar, B J Venkatachala, C S Yogananda,
- Actuarial Common Entrance Test(ACET) Mathematics, Statistics And Data Interpretation: (Practice Papers with Solutions)by Dr. Vijay K. Malhotra and
- The study material and sample question paper booklet specifically from Saurav Sir’s classes.
For any further query please comment in the comment section, we will get back to you.
Leave a Reply