AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019: AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Online Test) is carried out by the Indian Air Force is an entrance test conducted for students who want to join the Indian Aie Force as Commissioned Officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical). All the aspirants having minimum 60% marks in Physics and Mathematics each in 10+2 are eligible for the exam. The examination is to be held on August 24-25 2019. Application forms for the AFCAT exam 2019 are available till June 30, 2019. The AFCAT exam syllabus will be based on graduation level (Indian University).
All the aspirants who have filled the AFCAT exam application form will be selected through an online exam which consists of 4 sections. Also, there is an Engineering Knowledge Test for candidates in the opting for the technical post. There are 242 vacancies for the exam which makes it very competitive. Thus, it is very important to know about the exam pattern of AFCAT 2019. Read the article below for details about AFCAT exam pattern 2019.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019
The selection of the students for the vacancies released will be based on the criteria set up by the official. The selection process consists of three stages. They are:
- Stage 1 – AFCAT Online Test / EKTonline test (For technical posts)
- Stage 2 – AFSB Testing( Air Force Selection Board)
- Stage 3 – Medical Examination.
AFCAT Online Test
Exam Pattern of AFCAT online test is given below
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
Important points to remember about AFCAT exam pattern
|Total number of questions||100|
|The time duration of the test||120 minutes/2 hours|
AFCAT Online Test Marking Scheme 2019
- Three marks are given for every correct answer.
- One mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- No marks deducted for the questions which are unanswered.
Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) 2019
EKT is for those aspirants who want to appear for Ground Duties(technical posts). The details about EKT are:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Electrical & Electronics||50||150|
AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) Testing 2019
All the aspirants who cleared the AFCAT 2019 will be promoted to the second stage of selection i.e AFSB Testing. AFSB Testing will have two stages. All the qualified students will appear in stage one AFSB interview at any centers such as Dehradun, Varanasi,Gandhinagar, Mysuru.
AFSB Testing stage 1
It consists of two tests. These are:
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test
- Picture Perception And Discussion Test.
AFSB Testing stage 2
All the aspirants who cleared stage 1 are promoted to stage 2. They have to go through 4 tests which are:
- Psychological Tests – These are written tests conducted by professional psychologists.
- Group Tests – It includes various physical and mental activities to check mental and physical parameters of the candidates.
- Interview Round- a personal interview is taken of the candidates.
- Computerized Pilot Selection System – this is a compulsory test for candidates who have applied for flying branch.
If the candidate clears the online test as well as both the stages of AFSB testing, he is then called for medical examination.There are only two centers prescribed by the Indian air force for medical examination which include-Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru and Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME). A merit list will then be prepared after which candidates can join the training establishments.
Hope this article with detailed information helps the candidates with preparation of the AFCAT exam. All the best to the candidates appearing for the exam.