AP ICET 2019 | Exam, Application Form, Eligibility and Merit List Details
Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati (estd. 1954) holds Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET) for admission into the First year of Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and lateral entry into the Second year of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programmes. The AP ICET 2019 will be held on Friday, April 26, 2019. Read on to know more about AP ICET.
AP ICET 2019 Important Events
|Notification about the exam||Released on 20-02-2019|
|The release of online application form||Released on 27-02-2019|
|Last date to submit registration form without late fee||27-03-2019|
|Last date for submission of the registration form with late fee of Rs. 2000/-||04-04-2019|
|Activation of the link for correction of submitted details||05-04-2019 to 14-04-2019|
|Availability of admit cards||15-04-2019|
10 AM to 12-30 PM &
2-30 to 5-00 PM
|The release of answer key||26-04-2019. 6.00.PM|
|Last day to contest the published answer key||29-04-2019. 5.00.PM|
|Declaration of Results||06-05-2019|
AP ICET 2019 Courses offered
AP ICET is conducted for the First year of Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and lateral entry into the Second year of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programmes.
AP ICET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local/non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions
- The candidates seeking admission should have studied and passed 3 year Degree course in any faculty conducted by the Universities or its equivalent Degree Examination in 10 + 2 + 3 patterns as recognized by U.G.C
- Candidate with aggregate marks of 50% (45% in case of reserved categories) are alone are eligible
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for APICET-2019.
The eligibility for individual courses is as follows
- MBA – Degree of 3 years duration from any recognized University or its equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects at the 10th class level.
- MCA – Degree of 3 years duration with “Mathematics” as one of the subject at Intermediate or Degree level.
- MCA-2nd YEAR DIRECT (lateral entry) – BCA or Degree holders in IT/CS with Mathematics at 10+2 or Degree level.
AP ICET 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- The exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions of one mark each.
- The duration of the test will be 150 minutes.
- The topics along with the syllabus are listed below:
Section-A Analytical Ability
- Data Sufficiency: There will be 20 questions from this topic.
- Problem Solving: There will be 55 questions concerned with Sequences and Series, Data Analysis, Coding, and Decoding Problems, Date, Time & Arrangement Problems
Section-B Mathematical Ability
- Arithmetical Ability: There will be 35 questions based on laws of indices, ratio, and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability: This section will comprise of 30 questions based on Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms. Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
- Statistical Ability: This section will have 10 questions on frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability
Section-C Communication Ability
This section will be subdivided into 4 sections, namely
- Part 1: Vocabulary
- Part 2: Business and Computer terminology
- Part 3: Functional Grammar
- Part 4: Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
The medium of the test is English only for Section-C and English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B.
AP ICET 2019 Application Process
The mode of application for AP ICET 2019 is online. The following steps can be followed to register for AP ICET 2019
- Go to the official website .ap.gov.in/ICET
- The registration form is available on the website
- Fill in the required details, and verify before final submission.
- Fill in the top two preferences of the examination cities from the list that appears
- Proceed to the online payment of Rs. 550/- (+2000 in case of late registration).
AP ICET 2019 Answer Key
- The official answer key for AP ICET 2019 will be released on the same day, i.e. April 26, 2019, after 6 PM.
- The candidates will be given an option to contest the preliminary key till 29-04-2019. 5.00.PM.
AP ICET 2019 Results and Counselling
- The results of AP ICET 2019 will be declared on May 6, 2019.
- The cutoff for appearing in the merit list has been prescribed as 25% of the total marks (50 out of 200).
In case of a tie in the total marks, the following criteria will be considered as the tiebreaker
- The marks scored in Section-A
- marks obtained by a student in Section-B will be taken into consideration if the tie persists
- If the tie still persists, the older candidate will be given preference
The counseling process details and schedule will be available on the official website soon after the exam
AP ICET 2019 Some Important Guidelines
- DO NOT FORGET to carry your admit cards to the Exam center
- The Candidate should preserve the hall ticket to produce it later at the time of entry into the course.
- The candidates will be tested on their accuracy in this exam, hence are advised to be discreet with the question selection.
We hope that the above information will help the AP ICET 2019 candidates in the best possible manner. We look forward to answering any further questions regarding AP ICET 2019 in the comments section below. Good luck!