AP PGECET 2019 | Registration (Started), Eligibility, Exam pattern, Admit Card Details
Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET), as the name suggests, is a state level exam for admissions in postgraduate courses in engineering and technology, as well as a pharmacy.
AP PGECET 2019 Important Dates
|Release of notification||February 25, 2019|
|Commencement of online application||March 1, 2019|
|Last day for registration||March 30, 2019|
|Last day for registration with a late fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST)||April 8, 2019|
|Amendments in the online application||April 8, 2019, to April 10, 2019|
|Last day for registration with a late fee of Rs. 2000/- (+ Registration fee Rs.1000 for OC/BC, Rs.500/-for SC/ST)||April 12, 2019|
|Last day for registration with a late fee of Rs. 5000/- (+ Registration fee Rs.1000 for OC/BC, Rs.500/-for SC/ST)||April 18, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 22, 2019|
|AP PGECET Examination||From May 2 2019 to May 4, 2019
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
02:00 PM to 04:00 PM
in two sessions
|The release of preliminary answer key||May 5, 2019|
|Last day for submitting objections||May 7, 2019|
|Declaration of results||May 9, 2019|
AP PGECET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The following general criteria are applicable for all the candidates writing the test
- They should be of Indian Nationality.
- They should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- They should have obtained a relevant Bachelor’s qualifying degree or its equivalent in the relevant field with at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category candidates) from AICTE/UGC approved institution recognized by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- The course wise eligibility can be found on the official website.
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
|Mode of examination||Online computer based examination|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total no. of Questions||120|
|For Mock Tests||sche.ap.gov.in/pgecet/PGECET Mock Tests|
AP PGECET 2019 How to Apply
The mode of application and fees payment for AP PGECET is online only. The following steps can be followed for registration:
- Go to the official website sche.ap.gov.in/pgecet.
- Find the form by entering all the personal and educational qualification details
- Enter the Aadhar Number mandatorily
- The candidate will then be directed to the payment gateway
- The payment of the registration fee can be done online through AP Online services or through Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net banking
AP PGECET 2019 Application Fees
AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card
- The admit card can be downloaded from the official website.
- Candidates have to take a colored printout of the card, as it will contain the photograph of the candidate for identification.
- The candidates will be required to enter their registration numbers and date of birth to download the card, failing which, they won’t be allowed to enter the exam hall.
AP PGECET 2019 Examination Cities
The test will be held in the following cities
AP PGECET 2019 Result
- The answer key will be released on May 5, 2019, and the candidates will have till May 7, 2019, for contesting the key.
- The results will be released in the form of rank cards, which can be downloaded from the website by entering the registration number and date of birth.
- The rank cards will be required for the counseling.
- The qualifying percentage marks for obtaining a rank in AP PGECET -2019 is 25% i.e., 30 marks out of a total of 120.
- However, in the case of SC/ST candidates, there shall be no minimum qualifying marks for ranking the candidates.
AP PGECET 2019 Counselling
- The colleges will give preference to GATE/GPAT candidates for their courses.
- After that, AP PGECET candidates will be allotted seats in their preferred courses.
- The details of the vacant seats will be made available to the eligible candidates, who can access the information using their login credentials.
- The candidates will then be required to fill their preferences.
AP PGECET 2019 General Instructions to the Candidates
- Do Not Forget to carry the colored printouts of the admit card. Ensure that you upload a fairly recent photograph to avoid any complication.
- Please be careful while filling the subject code, as the request to change the subject will not be entertained after the final submission of the form.
- The candidate should retain the admit card till the allotment of seats is done.
- Download APPGECET Instruction Manual From Here
We hope we were able to help you with all the details of AP PGECET. We will look forward to answering any other query in the comments section below. We would like to remind the candidates to take the mock tests on the official website to familiarize themselves with the format of the computer-based examination. Good luck!