AP PGLCET 2019 | Exam Date, Application Details, Eligibility, Result, and Counselling
Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Common Law Entrance Test (AP PGLCET) – Sri Krishnadevaraya University will conduct the Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Common Law Entrance Test (AP PGCLET) 2019, on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh state council of higher education. The test will be conducted on May 6, 2019, for admissions into 461 seats in the LLM programmes in 13 participating colleges. The application form for the master’s courses has been released and should be filled before April 26, 2019. The candidates of General category have to clear the cutoff specified by the University to obtain a position in the merit list. However, there is no cutoff for SC/ST candidates. Read on to find more details about the examination.
AP PGLCET 2019 Tentative Schedule
|Notification Release||March 11, 2019|
|Commencement of online application||March 16, 2019|
|Last date for application without late fees||April 24, 2019|
|Last date for application with late fees||April 26, 2019|
|Admit card release||May 1, 2019|
|Examination date AP PGCLET||May 6, 2019|
|The release of answer key||The second week of May 2019|
|Results||May 17, 2019|
AP PGLCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria specified by SK University is as follows
- Candidates should be domicile of Andhra Pradesh
- Candidates must have passed LLB/BL Three/5-Year degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam (45% for SC/ST candidates)
AP PGLCET 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam will be held in offline mode. The candidates should be well versed in the syllabus of the undergraduate programmes, to clear the cutoff for AP PGLCET 2019. The exam pattern will be as follows
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct response|
|Medium of paper||English only|
AP PGLCET2019 Paper Breakdown
|Constitutional Law||20 questions|
|Public International Law||16 questions|
|Mercantile Law||16 questions|
|Labour Law||16 questions|
|Crimes and Torts||16 questions|
|IPR & Other Laws||16 questions|
AP PGLCET 2019 Syllabus
As mentioned above, the candidates should be well acquainted with the syllabus of the undergraduate courses. The detailed syllabus of the examination is as follows
|Jurisprudence||Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law Custom Precedent and Legislation
Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions
|Constitutional Law||Nature of the Constitution: Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy
Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution
|Public International Law||International Law and Municipal Law
Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations
|Mercantile Law||General Principles of Contract, Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872|
|Labour Law||Trade Union Act 1926, Industrial Disputes Act 1947|
|Crimes and Torts||Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions, TORTS: General Principles of Tort
Defenses, Joint liability, State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
|IPR & Other Laws||Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970
Environmental Protection Act, 1986
Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of the Information Technology Act, 2000, The Right to Information Act 2005
AP PGLCET 2019 Application Procedure
The application form can be filled online only. Follow the steps given below to fill the form
- Go to the official website and click on the “Fee payment” tab, sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET_ApplicationForm.
- Pay the fees first to be able to fill the application form. The fees can be paid through net banking, debit card or credit cards or through offline mode with cash at AP ONLINE centers.
- Note the transaction number after successful payment
- Click on the “Fill application form” tab
- Enter the personal details and educational qualifications
- Upload scanned photograph and signature
- Select the regional center for the examination
- Enter class 10 and 12 details like a board, hall ticket number, and year of passing.
- After filling the form, click on submit
AP PGLCET 2019 Application Fees
The application fee is Rs. 909 for all the candidates in any category.
Click here for AP PGLCET Fee Payment 2019
Click here for AP PGLCET Application Payment Status 2019
Click here to Print Application Form for AP PGLCET 2019
AP PGLCET 2019 Exam Centres
AP PGLCET 2019 Results and Counselling
- The results will be declared on May 17, 2019.
- The total score will be the basis of the merit list.
- The cutoff for qualifying the exam will be 25% of the total marks.
- The marks in Part A and the age will serve as the tiebreaker criteria.
- The candidates will then have to report for the counseling based on the merit list and college preferences.
AP PGLCET 2019 Cut Off
Cut Off Marks of AP PGLCET are as follows
|SC/ST||No Cut Off Marks|
|Others||25% (30 Marks out of 120)|
AP PGLCET 2019 Important Documents
- The candidates will have to carry the admit cards mandatorily to the exam hall
- The following documents are needed for the counseling
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Migration and Character certificate
- Identity proof (Voter id card, PAN card, smart card or driving license).
- Filled application form
- Andhra Pradesh domicile certificate
- Category certificate
We hope we were able to give you all the important information regarding the AP PGLCET 2019, which is a wonderful opportunity to pursue postgraduate courses in Law. Please feel free to post all your queries in the comments section below. Good luck for AP PGLCET 2019!