BCECE 2019 Cancelled | Admission Through JEE Main
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) used to conduct the state level examination BCECE till 2018, for admissions in Engineering, Pharmacy, Health Sciences and various agriculture programs in Bihar. The board has decided to discontinue BCECE from 2019, and grant admissions through JEE Main and NEET only. After the candidates have taken the above-mentioned exams will they be allotted seats by the board? They have to fill out an application form for counseling purposes, but no separate exam will be held per section.
BCECE Subject groups and Courses offered
- For admissions in Engineering courses, candidates with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM), as well as with Biology as an additional subject (PCMB) are eligible.
- For pharmacy and health sciences, PCB and PCMB are valid subject groups. For agriculture programs, the candidates should have Chemistry, Biology, and Agriculture as the main subject.
BCECE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be a domicile of Bihar.
- There is no age limit for Engineering Courses
- For Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Public Health Paramedical courses, the minimum age limit is 17 years, while for Bihar Agriculture University, Sabor (Bhagalpur), the candidate should be 16 years of age on or before August 31, 2019
- The educational qualification needed for different courses and institutes will be available on the official website bceceboard.bihar.gov.in/.
BCECE Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- Till 2018, BCECE used to take place in offline mode.
- There were 100 questions of 400 marks in each section, namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and Agriculture.
- Four marks were awarded for each correct response and a penalty of one mark was impose for each wrong attempt.
- The board has decided to discontinue the BCECE examination.
- The candidates seeking admission will be required to take JEE Main or NEET for the same.
BCECE 2019 How to apply?
- The candidates have to fill in the application form for BCECE 2019, for counseling purposes.
- The form will be available on the official website bceceboard.bihar.gov.in/.
- The candidate will be required to enter personal details as well as educational qualifications and upload a passport size photograph. They will also be required to upload their JEE Main and NEET scores.
- They will then be directed to the payment page.
BCECE Application Fees
- The application fee details will be available soon on bceceboard.bihar.gov.in/
- The details are likely to change this year, as the entrance examination has been scrapped.
- The figures as per last year are Rs. 1000/- for Unreserved Category, BC, and OBC and Rs. 1100 for PCMB in Unreserved Category, BC and OBC.
- There is a 50% relaxation for the ST/SC categories.
BCECE Results and Counselling
- As there will be no separate examination, the candidates will be allotted seats in the institutions affiliated to the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) through their scores in JEE Main and NEET.
- The candidates will be required to fill their preferences and scores, after which they will be called for the counselling in the respective institutes.
We hope that the above information was useful for you. Though there is no separate exam for BCECE, the institutes affiliated to Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) will be taking candidates through the BCECE form. Therefore, we request you to keep visiting this space for any further information. Also, keep visiting the official website bceceboard.bihar.gov.in so that you don’t miss the application form.
It is a good opportunity for the candidates who are local residents of Bihar to get admissions in their desired courses through a single exam. We wish you good luck for JEE Main and NEET. Please feel free to post your queries in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply