Beat PMS Blues
Premenstrual syndrome is a sign of missing nutrients in the diet. Nourish the body with a healthy diet and lifestyle to beat the blues. Follow a balanced diet comprising of complex carbohydrates, lean protein and essential fatty acids keeping the below mentioned pointers in mind. Following these guidelines can help relieve symptoms like depression, mood swings, food cravings and cramps which can easily upset normal daily life.
Nutritional Strategies To Eliminate PMS
- Eat adequate amounts of protein throughout the day.
- Consume a multivitamin daily.
- Consume omega 3 supplements in the form of fish oil capsules, flaxseed oil capsules and tlaxseed powder.
- Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) supplements are also helpful.
- Exercise regularly for at least an hour anytime during the day.
- Eating only raw foods like twits (low Gi) and salads for a day can help the body deal with water retention.
- Sleep well for at least seven hours every night.
- Have natural diuretics like dandelion tea.
- Include zinc rich foods like sesame seeds, pumpkin, poultry, beans, chickpeas, almonds, peas and mushrooms to avoid sugar and salt cravings.
Foods To Avoid
Sugar, white flour, tried foods, processed foods, chocolate, colas and other carbonated drinks.