BFHUS 2019 | Application Procedure, Results, and Admit Card Details Available
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences 2019: Baba Farid University of Health Sciences was established under an Act passed by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in July 1998. The mission of the University is to create an intellectual, academic and physical environment, conducive to free flow of ideas and exchange of information between various faculties of the University and between this University and other Universities of Health Sciences in the country and abroad,thereby opening a window to the world for the health professionals, health planners, health managers, biomedical and social scientists and educators in health sciences of the country, Established in the memory of great Sufi Saint Baba Farid by Punjab govt. in July 1998 by an Act of the State Legislature.
The fifth of its kind in India, First in Northern India- Punjab Govt. deserves the credit of establishing it. Due to the inadequacy of health professionals(in quantity & quality) the need was imminent. Such a University is expected to be a ‘Pace-setter’ – in developing appropriate modes & models of Health Care. University committed to providing Community oriented need based education & Training programmes for Health professionals.
The University provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Medical Sciences. Admissions are conducted to the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) through separate common entrance examinations held for different courses. At present, the University has 146 affiliated colleges comprising of 139 affiliated and 7 constituent Colleges (with approximately 35,000 students). BFUHS offers various Undergraduate and Postgraduate course in different streams along with the Ph.D. program. Read on to find more about BFUHS
BFUHS Admission Schedule 2019
For MD/MS/MDS/PG Diploma
|Start of availability of application form and prospectus||March 29, 2019|
|End of submission of application form||April 2, 2019|
|Last Date of Fee Deposit||April 3, 2019|
|Form Correction||April 4, 2019|
|Provisional Merit List||April 5, 2019|
|Start of availability of application form and prospectus||June 24, 2019|
|End of submission of the application form (offline)||July 20, 2019|
|Counseling date||September 2019|
|Start of application form submission||June 08, 2019|
|End of application form submission||June 23, 2019|
|Document verification||June 25, 26, 27, 2019|
|Merit List of candidates (Provisional)||June 28, 2019|
|Start of availability of prospectus (on the counter) and application form online||June 01, 2019|
|Last date of application form submission along with the required documents with the prescribed fees||July 11, 2019, by 4:00 P.M.|
|Counseling dates||July 16, 2019|
For B.Sc. Nursing
|Start of application form submission||June 07, 2019|
|Last date for online submission of application form||June 25, 2019|
|Entrance Test (PPMET-18)||July 01, 2019|
|Result Declaration||By July 03, 2019|
For M.Sc. Nursing
|Start of Online application form and availability of a prospectus||June 15, 2019|
|Last date of submission of application form||July 31, 2019|
|Last date of submission of application fees at any OBC branch through challan (INR 5000 and 2500 for SC/ST)||August 2, 2019|
|Availability of admit card||August 10, 2019|
|Entrance Test (PMNET- 2019)||August 17, 2019|
|Result Declaration||August 20, 2019|
BFUHS How To Apply?
The candidates can fill the application form in the online form. The registration process for the courses is given below. Follow the given steps and make the registration.
- Visit the official website.
- Download the application form from the website.
- Take a print out of the form and fill it.
- After filling, submit the form along with the Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences of the amount INR 5000 (INR 2500 for SC category), Faridkot and the xerox copies of the related documents with self-attestation.
- Send all of it to the office of Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Sadiq Road, Faridkot before the due date.
For B.Sc. Nursing (PPMET-2019)
For being eligible for B.Sc. Nursing course, the candidate has to apply for PPMET -2019. It has to be done in the online mode only. Follow the given steps for applying:
- Click on the official website.
- Click on the course you want to apply.
- Click on “New Registration”
- Register for PPMT 2019 exam and fill all the required details and click on submit.
Make the registration fee payment through any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce through Bank Challan form which will be generated after online submission of the application form.
- For applying to the B.Pharma course, the candidate has to start by paying the registration fees at any Oriental Bank of Commerce branch by using specified bank challan form (available at the university’s website).
- Then the candidate has to fill the application form online by clicking on “Admission to B. Pharmacy and B. Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) on the official website.
- After filling the application form, take a print out of it and send it by post or by hand to “The Principal, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, Sadiq Road, Faridkot-151 203 (Punjab)”.
- Also attach the relevant documents along with Bank Challan Form (Institute Copy) after depositing application fee in the Institute’s Bank Account, while sending the application form.
BFUHS Application Fees
|B.PHARMA||INR 5000 (INR 2500 for SC category|
|MPT||NR 2000 for general category and INR 1000 for SC category|
BFUHS 2019 Admit Card
The university releases admit card for all UG and PG courses on the official website of the university. Candidates can check their result from the official website of the university by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Under the menu bar, select Examination.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Admit Card”.
- On the page directed, fill in the credentials and Submit.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- For more details regarding the admit card click here http://bfuhs.ac.in/index.asp
BFUHS Eligibility Criteria
BFUHS MBBS and BDS
|MBBS||50% marks in the qualifying exam (40% for SC/BC & 45% for Disabled Persons)||NEET UG followed by Online counseling|
|BDS||50% marks in the qualifying exam (40% for SC/BC & 45% for Disabled Persons)||NEET UG followed by Online counseling|
BFUHS B.PHARM A, B.PHARMA (LE), M.PHARMA
|B. Pharm||10+2 with at least 45% aggregate marks with English as one of the subject and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology / Biotechnology as optional subject individually||Merit in the qualifying exam followed by counseling|
|B. Pharm (LE)||Passed with 45% in D. Pharm (40% for reserved categories )||Merit in the qualifying exam followed by counseling|
|M. Pharm||55% in B. Pharmacy (50% for reserved categories).||Merit in the qualifying exam followed by counseling|
|B.Sc. (Nursing)||Passed in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/BC) and English as a compulsory subject or an equivalent qualification||PPMET 2019 followed by physical counseling|
|B.Sc. (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry)||passed in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, passing in each subject individually with 50% aggregate marks||Merit Basis|
|B.Sc||40% in 10+2 with the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually||Merit Basis|
BFUHS MSc and MPT
|M.Sc. (Nursing)||Passed in B.Sc. (Nursing)/ B.Sc. (Post Basic Nursing)||PM ET 2019 score|
|MPT||Passed BPT with at least 50% marks||Merit-based followed by counseling or Interview|
- For admission in M.Sc. (Nursing), candidates need to appear in PMNET-2019 entrance exam which will be of three hours duration consisting of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) carrying 800 marks.
- There is a relaxation of 10% in the eligibility criteria for SC/BC students in the qualifying examination
In private colleges, NRI candidates will have a quota of 15% of the total seats in order of preference
Category I – NRIs who originally belonged to the state of Punjab.
Category II – NRIs who originally belonged to an Indian State other than Punjab.
The selection criteria for NRIs under MPT is the same as for the Indian candidates.
We hope we were able to help you out with all the important details regarding BFUHS. For any other query, please post in the comments section below. We will look forward to getting in touch with you. All the best for the upcoming exams.