C-DAC Common Admission Test (C-CAT) 2019 – Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Books
The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) is an Autonomous Institute of Scientific Society of Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India.
The National Centre for Software Technology (NCST), ER&DCI and CEDTI were united into C-DAC in 2003. Central for Development of Advanced Computing declares entry into the career-oriented 24 week’s full-time Post-Graduate Diploma Courses (NSQF level 8). It is given in ICT for Graduate in Engineering /MCA or similar for starting in February 2019.
C-DAC Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019
The dates for CDAC CAT 2019 was announced by the university and the registration for the exam conducted from 23rd October 2018 and the CDAC CAT exam was held on 9th & 16th of December 2018. They can check their result after the exam and download the rank card. The result can be checked through online mode.
|Publishing of Online Registration and Application for C-CAT||23rd Oct 2018|
|The closing of Online Registration & Application, and Payment of
Examination Fee for C-CAT
|3rd Dec 2018|
|Downloading of C-CAT Admit Cards||6th to 13th Dec 2018|
|C-DAC’s Common Admission Test (C-CAT) date||9th & 16th Dec 2018|
|Declaration of C-CAT Ranks||27th Dec 2018|
|Online Selection of Courses and Centres (1st Counselling)||27th Dec 2018 to 3rd Jan 2019|
|Announcement of 1st Round of Seat distribution||7th Jan 2019|
|Last Date of Payment of first installment course fee for candidates given seats through the 1st round||16th Jan 2019(till 5 pm)|
|Declaration of 2nd Round of Seat Allocation||21st Jan 2019|
|Last Date of Payment of first installment course fee for candidates allocated seats through the second round||28th Jan 2019|
|Caution deposit payment and online selection of course and centers based on 2nd counseling||30th Jan to 4th Feb 2019|
|The announcement of 3rd Round of Seat Allocation according to second counseling||6th Feb 2019|
|Balance course fee payment last date||14th Feb 2019|
|Registration of Students at Training centers||18th Feb 2019|
|PG Diploma Courses||19th Feb 2019|
CDAC Common Admission Test (CAT) Procedure for Filling Application Form
- Registering for CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 can be done online.
- Get registered on CDAC official website i.e. cdac.in
- After that, an Id and password will get on the registered number or email address.
- Login with that number or email
- Fill up the details in CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 application form.
- Post-filling the personal information and the qualification detail, you will now have to choose the category of the course from among category 1, category 2 and category 3.
- Candidates for category 1 are qualified for PG-DGi course.
- Candidates for category 2 are qualified for both PG-DGi and category 2
- Those applying for category 3 are eligible for PG-DGi, Category 2 and Category 3
- Candidates must fill up the details carefully and choose the course wisely.
- No detail is altered after submission of the form.
CDAC Common Admission Test (CAT) Registration Fee
|Course||CDAC Test CAT 2019||Registration fee with a laptop||Registration fee without the laptop|
|Category 1||Paper 1||₹1000/- ₹200/-||₹1000/-|
|Category 2||Paper 1+2||₹1200/- ₹200/-||₹1200/-|
|Category 3||Paper 1+2+3||₹1400/-₹200/-||₹ 1400/-|
CDAC Common Admission Test (CAT) Admit Card
- Admit card is issued online for the exam in 2019.
- Candidates can download it from the Student Login by filling up the required details like Form Number and Password.
- It is very important for the students to carry the print out of the CDAC CAT Admit Card along with valid proof on the day of the examination.
- It is suggested to the aspirants to go through all the instructions provided on the CDAC C-CAT Admit Card 2019.
CDAC Common Admission Test (CAT) Exam and Test Papers
- The medium of the exam is English. C-CAT has three sections (Section A, Section B, Section C) of one-hour duration each.
- Based on the category of courses chose by the candidate they will have to attend for just one test paper (Section A) or two test sections or all the three test sections.
- The test will have 50 objective type questions. Every question contains four options as relevant answers of which only one will be correct.
- +3 (plus three) marks will be awarded for each correct answer, -1 (minus one) for each wrong answer, and 0 (zero) marks for the un-attempted question. The maximum number marks a candidate can score in any one section of C-CAT is 150.
CDAC Common Admission Test (CAT) Syllabus
|Test Paper section||Exam Duration||Topics|
|A||1 hour||English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude|
|B||1 hour||Computer Fundamentals, Data Structures, Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Data Communication & Networking, Operating Systems, C Programming|
|C||1 hour||Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics, Microprocessors|
PG Diploma Courses which are Correlating with Test Papers in CDAC
Category-1 Section A
- PG Diploma in Geoinformatics (PG-DGi)
Category-2 Section A & B
- PG Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security (PG-DITISS)
- PG Diploma in Advanced Computing (PG-DAC)
- PG Diploma in System Software Development (PG-DSSD)
- PG Diploma in Mobile Computing (PG-DMC)
- PG Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security (PG-DITISS)
- PG Diploma in HPC System Administration (PG-HPCSA)
- PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PG-DBDA)
- PG Diploma in the Internet of Things (PG-DIoT)
Category-3 Section A, B & C
- PG Diploma in VLSI Design (PG-DVLSI)
- PG Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics (PG-DBIHI)
- PG Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (PG-DESD)
C-CAD List of books for reference
- For English: High School Grammar Book
- For Quantitative Aptitude&Reasoning: Quantitative Aptitude Fully Solved (R. S. Aggarwal) and Quantitative Aptitude (M Tyara), Barron’s New GRE 2016
- For Computer Fundamentals: Foundations of Computing (Pradeep Sinha & Priti Sinha)
- For Data Communication & Networking: Data Communication & Networking (Forouzan)
- For C Programming: C Programming Language (Kernighan & Ritchie) and Let Us C
- Data Structures: Data Structures Through C in Depth (S. K. Srivastava)
- For Operating Systems: Operating System principles
- For OOP Concepts: Test Your C ++ Skills (Yashavant Kanetkar)
- For Computer Architecture: Computer Organization & Architecture (William Stallings)
- For Digital Electronics: Digital Design (Morris Mano)
- For Digital Design: Principles & Practices (John Wakerly) and Modern Digital Electronics (R. P. Jain)
- For Microprocessors: Microprocessor Architecture, Programming & Applications with 8085 (Ramesh Gaonkar) and The Intel Microprocessor (Barry Brey)
CDAC Common Admission Test (CAT) Exam Schedule
|Test Paper(Section wise)||Afternoon||Morning|
|A||2:00 pm – 3:00 pm||9:30 am – 10:30 am|
|B||3:15 pm – 4:15 pm||10:45 am – 11:45 am|
|C||4:30 pm – 5:30 pm||12:00 noon – 1:00 pm|
CDAC Common Admission Test (CAT) Exam Centers
Below are the centers for the examination for CDAC
- Navi Mumbai
- New Delhi
- Candidates will have their own choice to use their own laptops for C-CAT. Candidates will have to select the ‘Own Laptop’ in the online application form.
- Applicants would be completely responsible for the usage and maintenance of their laptops during C-CAT.
- C-DAC retains the right to reject an applicant for C-CAT in case of damage or hanging off his/her laptop.
- Candidates who have selected to use their own laptops will have to report one hour before the specified time to start of C-CAT to check and make sure the condition of their laptops.
Post qualification of this course the candidates can get admitted into the Department of Electronics and Information Technology of the Ministry of Communication and IT. Candidates will be enrolled to C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses of February 2019 batch as per the performance in the entrance examination and center/course preferences after clearing the examination December 2018 C-CAT.