UPSC CDS Exam II Admit Card 2019: UPSC CDS Exam 2019 (II) is held for recruiting candidates for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy. The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year. The candidates willing to apply for CDS Exam 2019 can apply for the post through the official site of UPSC. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) II exam, on 12th June 2019. The application process has also begun this month and will conclude on 08th July 2019. Read on to find out more.
UPSC CDS Exam II Admit Card 2019 Overview
|Exam Conducting Board||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Services (CDS) II|
|Number of vacancies||417 (total)|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||08/09/2019|
|Duration of Examination||One Day|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||08/07/2019 – 6:00pm|
|Withdrawal of Applications||15/07/2019 to 22/07/2019|
|Date of announcement of Results (tentative)||December 2019|
|Official website link||https://upsc.gov.in/|
Note that the date of examination and number of vacancies may be changed at any stage.
CDS Exam II – Vacancies 2019
Below given are the names of the courses and the approximate number of vacancies in them. This will help you get a good idea of your chances of getting a seat.
|Name of the Academy||Name of Course||The approximate number of vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||149th (DE) Course||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Executive
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||(Pre-Flying) 32
Training Course i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course
|Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||112th SSC (Men) Course (Non-Technical)||225|
|Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||26th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course||15|
The former three courses commence in July 2020. The latter two commence in October 2020. For a more detailed description of the vacancies, take a look at the official notification (linked above).
UPSC CDS Exam II Admit Card 2019
The Admit card will be released 3 weeks prior to the examination on the official website. It is an important document without which you won’t be allowed to attempt the examination. Hence, download it and take a print out of it as soon as possible. Take a copy of it to keep as a backup, in case you lose the original. Remember that you need to register to get the admit card, If you haven’t registered yet, quickly do so on the official website before the deadline passes.
Note that you will not receive the admit card by post and it will be made available only in online mode. Follow these below steps to get your admit card:
- Visit the official website (link is given above).
- Under the “What’s New” section on top of the homepage, look for the “e-Admit Card-CDS Examination (II) 2019” link. Click on it.
- A new page will open. Select “download”.
- The page of instructions will be shown. Take a print out if you wish and go through them carefully.
- Click on “yes” to show that you have taken a print out of and read the instructions.
- You can get your admit card either using your Registration ID or using your Roll number.
- Enter the required details such as name, date of birth, etc.
- Click “submit”.
- The e-admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out of it for future reference.
Details Mentioned On CDS Exam Admit Card 2019
The following details are mentioned on the admit card:
- Roll number of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Test venue/ center
- Date and time of the CDS 2019 examination
- List of documents to be carried on the exam day
- Application number of the candidate
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s signature
- Category of the candidate
- Reporting time at the CDS Exam Center
- Instructions to be followed on the exam day
CDS Exam II Admit Card Discrepancies
Check to ensure that there are no discrepancies in your admit card. If any are found, you can notify the concerned officials
- Phone Nos: 011-23381125/011-23385271/011-23098543.
- Email ID: [email protected]
Note that you will have to mention the following details in your correspondence
- Name and year of the examination.
- Registration ID (RID)
- Roll Number (if received)
- Name of candidate (in full and in block letters)
- Complete Postal Address as given in the application with telephone number, if any.
CDS Exam II 2019 – Documents Required To Be Carry
Along with the admit card, you must carry the following documents with you
- Identity Proof in original
- Photocopy of Identity proof
- 3-4 Passport size photographs
Remember to take these documents with you. You won’t be allowed inside the exam hall otherwise.
CDS Exam II – General Instructions
The following are the general instructions to keep in mind:
- Candidates without CDS Admit Card 2019 will not be permitted to take the entrance test under any circumstances.
- Preserve the admit card safely during the entire duration of the test. The invigilator may ask for it anytime during the examination.
- Reach the exam 20 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- Appearing candidates will not be allowed to bring electronic gadgets such as calculators, calculating devices like mobile phone, pager, etc. in the examination hall.
- Candidates will not be given permission to leave the examination hall before the completion of the test.
- Candidates should not bring log tables, slide rules, electronic watches, laptops, mobile phones or any such device in the exam hall.
- Use or possession of such devices is strictly prohibited during the CDS 2019 and the candidate will be expelled if found using or possessing these devices.
For more details, such as a detailed list of exam centers, exam pattern, etc, you might want to look at the official notification (link given above).
You need to register via online mode on the official website (note that there is an application fee to be paid, without which your application will be rejected). Three weeks prior to the exam, the e-admit card will be released on the official website. Remember to download and take a print out of it to take with you to the exam hall. If there are any errors/discrepancies in the admit card, or if you do not receive your admit card, notify the concerned authorities immediately using the contact details provided above. The exam will be held on 8th September 2019 and result will be declared tentatively in December.
We hope that this cleared all your doubts regarding UPSC CDS exam II Admit card 2019. Good luck