CDS Exam II Notification 2019: Union Public Service Commission has announced the notifications for all the candidates for Combined Defence Services Examination II 2019 on 12th June 2019. The total number of vacancies declared by UPSC for the post of CDS is 417. And these vacancies have been divided into 5 courses. Name of the Course are
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai
Applicants have to apply through Online mode only. No other mode of application will be accepted. The online registration for UPSC CDS 2019 starts on 12th June 2019. And last to apply is 8th July 2019. Candidates can visit the official website for complete details. Although, we are providing here the necessary information related to UPSC CDS II exam. The release of admit card, split of courses as per vacancies, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, and other details are described here in this article, in a brief, for your convenience. Read the complete article, if you are an aspiring candidate.
CDS Exam 2019 Overview
Before getting the complete details of UPSC, Combined Defence Services Examination (II) exam details, let us go through the overview related to the exam for 2019. Check the table below to know more;
|Exam Name||UPSC CDS II Exam 2019|
|Conducting Organisation||Union Public Service Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exams||Offline|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Level of Exam||National|
UPSC CDS II 2019 Important Dates
Candidates who want to apply for UPSC CDS 2 2019 exam can check the important dates related to the exam from the date of application till the date of result. Here is the information table for you
|Start of Online Application/registration and payment of fees||12th June 2019|
|Closing date of online application and payment of fees||8th July 2019|
|Last date to pay the fees(By cash)||7th July 2019|
|Last date to pay the fee(Online)||8th July 2019|
|Online Applications can be withdrawn from||15th July to 22nd July 2019|
|Exam Date||8th September 2019|
|Exam Results||December 2019|
UPSC CDS II 2019 Exam Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria before applying for CDS II exam.
Nationality: A candidate has to be unmarried and must either be one of these
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
- IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not before than 2nd July 1996 and not after 1st July 2001, only are eligible.
- Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried, male candidates born not before than 2nd July 1996 and not after 1st July 2001, only are eligible.
- Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs.Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not allowed during training.
- Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Course for men) bachelor male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2001 only are eligible.
- Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in ownership of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2001.
Note: Male divorcee/widower applicants cannot be treated as eligible male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses
- I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree from a recognised University or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy-Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- Air Force Academy-Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Candidates who are at the final year of graduation, they have to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block-III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand canceled
- For admission to IMA on or before 1st July 2020, Indian Naval Academy on or before 1st July 2020 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th May 2020.
- For admission to Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st October 2020.
How to Apply for CDS Exam II 2019 Exam?
- Applicants are asked to apply online only using the link www.upsconline.nic.in.
- The filling of the application will be in two parts.
- In Part I registration, the candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, the candidate will be prompted to check the details and make the correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of following Stages: filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination center, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form.
- The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her.
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only, however, if due to any unavoidable circumstances, if they submit multiple applications, then they must assure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination center, photograph, signature, fee, etc.
- The candidates who are submitting recurring applications should remark that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be considered by the commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Applicants are not required to submit any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational criteria, SC/ST/OBC and fee relief, etc, along with their applications.
- The e-Admission Certificate will be made accessible in the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by applicants. No admission certificate will be sent via post.
- Information in this respect can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over telephone 011-2338527/011-23381125/011-23098543.
CDS Exam II 2019 Application Fee
- Candidates (excluding Female/SC/ST applicants who are excused from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/-.
- Candidates can pay the fees, either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
CDS Exam II 2019 Vacancies
UPSC has announced 417 vacancies for the post of Combined Defense Service Course. Let us see the split of all the vacancies.
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
149th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2020 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
Course commencing in July, 2020 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)].
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2020 i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course. [03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)
112th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2020 [(i) 171 vacs for SSC (Men) (NT) UPSC, (ii) 04 vacs for JAG (Men) (NT) October, 2020 Non UPSC and (iii) 50 vacs for NCC Special entry Non UPSC].
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai
26th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2020.
UPSC CDS (II) 2019 Exam Pattern
The selection procedure for UPSC CDS vacancies will be based on:
- Written Exam
- Interview for intelligence and personality test
Let us see the exam pattern for the CDS written exam.
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
- The questions will be objective types.
- The question papers of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set both in Hindi as well as English.
- Use of electronic devices such as mobiles, calculators, etc. are prohibited.
- Negative marking will applicable
CDS Exam II 2019 Syllabus
CDS Exam Syllabus is as follows:
- English (01) – The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
- General Knowledge(02) – Questions will be based on current affairs and also include questions on History of India and Geography of nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
- Elementary Mathematics – The question will consist of Arithmetic problems, algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration and Statistics topics.
CDS Exam (2) 2019 Admit Card
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an Admit Card three weeks before the start of the examination.
- The UPSC CDS Exam II Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsc.gov.in) for downloading.
- No eAdmit Card will be sent by post.
The Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) will be preparing a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written exam as per declared by the conducting body in their responsibility. Candidates who are have cleared the written exam will be assigned for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their choice by the respective service Headquarters.
CDS II 2019 Exam Center
The exam centers for UPSC Combined Defense Service examination are as follows
|Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kohima, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Madurai, Tirupati, Dharwar, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam|