UPSC CDS II Result 2019: UPSC CDS II result has been announced on May 3, 2019, on their official website upsc.gov.in. The result is announced in the form of PDF and it contains the name and the roll number of the candidates that are qualified. This result is based on the overall performance of the candidates in SSB interview and UPSC CDS II Exam. There are 45, 32, and 100 vacancies in Indian naval academy, air force academy, and Indian military academy respectively.
UPSC CDS II Result 2019 Important Dates
The selection of the candidates for UPSC CDS II is based on the written exam which was followed by the SSB interview round. In total, 7650 candidates were qualified for the SSB board. Below is the list of important dates for CDS II result
|UPSC CDS II Result Events||Dates|
|Exam date||18th November|
|Result of the written exam||02nd January|
|Last date of registration for IMA candidate||21st January|
|Final result||03rd May|
|Course commencement||July 2019|
How To Check Your UPSC CDS II Result?
To check the results, it advisable for candidates to follow these simple steps
- Go on to the official website of UPSC CDS II exam.
- On the webpage, there will be an option for CDS II result, click on it and a PDF will open in the new page.
- To search your name, use Ctrl + F key and type in your name or roll number.
- If your name is there in the PDF then you must have qualified the exam.
- You can also download this PDF and save it for any future use.
What Comes After The Declaration of CDS 2019 Result?
The students that have qualified the CDS II exam, needs to submit their original certificates like educational qualification certificates, date of birth certificate, NCC certificate (Army wing/naval wing/senior division air), etc. Also, there needs to be one copy of attested copies post at the below address
AG’s branch/Rtg/CDSE entry
SSC women entry section for women candidates and section for males,
West block – III, ground floor, wing 1, R.K.Puram,
New Delhi – 110066
For candidates that choose SSC/IMA as their first preference then the above details need to be sent at
IHQ of MoD (Navy),
DMPR (R & Oai section), Room 204, C wing, Sena Bhawan,
New Delhi – 110011
For cases where Navy is the first choice, then
To PO 3 (A) air headquarters, ‘J’ block,
Room no. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan,
Motilal Nehru Marg,
New Delhi – 110011
For candidates that opt for the air force as their first preference, they need to send their certificates within 2 weeks of their completion of SSB interview. The candidates should not send the original certificates to the UPSC commission.
UPSC CDS II – Merit List Compilation
UPSC prepares a list of candidates that have acquired the minimum qualifying marks in the written exam. This list is established by the commission at its own discretion. Applicants deemed qualified in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence test and personality test at the SSB based on their preference. The maximum marks assigned to the interviews and written exam will be equal for each course. The maximum marks allotted to the interview and written exam will be 300, 300, 300, and 200 each for Indian naval academy, Indian military academy, air force academy, and officers training academy respectively. The commission is at the discretion of fixing the qualifying marks in all the subjects or anyone subject of the exam.
CDS Exam – Negative Marking
There is a penalty for all the wrong answers marked by the candidates. For each wrong answer marked by the candidate, 1/3rd will be deducted as the penalty. Also, if the candidate attempts more than 1 answer for a question than also it will be deemed as incorrect. Although, if the candidate, leaves the answer blank than there won’t be any penalty for that question.
CDS Exam Cut-off
The minimum qualifying marks required in each subject is 20%. The cutoff for last year was based on the written aggregate marks of the candidate that qualified last for each academy are as follows
- IMA – 105 out of 300 – 35%
- AFA – 138 out of 300 – 46%
- OTA Men – 84 out of 200 – 42%
- OTA Women – 84 out of 200 – 42%
- INA – 99 out of 300 – 33%
CDS Exam for Air Force Academy
There are three modes through which one can enter the Air Force Academy. They are NCC, CDSE, and Airmen. The applicants that have applied for the Air Force through one or more sources will be tested/interviewed at the Air Force selection board only for one for the Air force. Common candidates that fail to pilot aptitude battery tests or computer pilot selection system (CPSS) as an Airmen or NCC will be called again for QLQ testing for Navy/Army/OTS only when it is found that they have applied through CDS exam. Applicants that are qualified in the written test for Navy SE course, IMA DE course Air Force irrespective of being eligible for SSC or not will be detailed for SSB test. While applicants that qualify for SSC course will be detailed for SSB tests.
CDS Exam Post Qualification
Applicants that have qualified in the written exam need to register themselves for the recruiting directorate at join Indian army.nic.in to receive the SSB call interview. Results of the test being conducted by SSB will be applicable for all the courses for which the applicant has qualified the written exam. There two stages of the selection process that are based on an intelligence test and psychological aptitude test. All the applicants will have to go through stage one test on the first day itself of reporting at the selection center. The applicants that qualify this test will only be eligible for the second test or the remaining tests. All the candidates that fail to pass the first test will be asked to return. After qualifying both the stages, candidates need to submit the following soft copies.
- Bachelor’s degree marksheet or provisional degree along with mark sheets of all semesters/years in support of the educational qualification.
- Matriculation pass certificate or any equivalent to that in support to date of birth.
For acceptance, candidates need to secure minimum qualifying marks in the SSB test and written exam as fixed by the service selection board and commission. The applicants will be in the order of their merit based on the total marks secured by them in the SSB tests and written exam. The manner of the communication of the result will be decided by the commission on their own discretion.
Success at the exams does not give one right to admission to any of the courses mentioned above. The final selection of the candidate will be solely made on the merit subject to suitability and medical fitness.
CDS Exam – Criteria of Disqualification
- The candidates that were admitted to the earlier course to any of the academics related were removed due to disciplinary grounds will not be considered for the admission of any of the academics.
- Candidates that were withdrawn from the IMA earlier due to lack of officer like qualities will also be not admitted to the Indian military academy.
- Applicants that were earlier selected as special entry naval cadets but were withdrawn from the NDA or from any Naval training establishments earlier due to the lacking officer like qualities will not eligible for entry into Indian navy.
- The candidates that were within from NCC, Indiana military academy, graduate course, officers training academy, for lack of officer like qualities will not be considered for short service commission in the army.
- Candidates should undertake that they will not marry until the training is completed. If the candidate marries after the date of their application through successful in any of the above exams will not be selected for training.
- The applicant who marries during the training will be discharged from the duty and will be liable to pay all the expenses to the government incurred on him/her.