Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2019 | Exam Dates (Re-scheduled), Application Details, Eligibility, Results and Counselling
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is one of the most important law entrance exams in India. The exam is conducted to provide admissions to the candidates who wish to pursue law in the 21 National Law Universities in India, other than National Law University-Delhi. CLAT is also used by some private universities for admissions into law programs. Read on to find more about CLAT 2019, which is rescheduled to be held on May 26, 2019, now. CLAT Result has been declared on Today, 14th June 2019 @ 6:30 PM, Click on the below link to check results.
CLAT Result Latest Updates
CLAT Final Answer Key is now available on the official website. Click here to download
CLAT 2019 Important Dates
|Release of Notification||December 20, 2018|
|Commencement of online application||January 10, 2019|
|Last date for application||April 15, 2019|
|Availability of admit cards for CLAT 2019||May 3rd, 2019|
|CLAT 2019 Exam date (Rescheduled)||May 26, 2019|
|The release of answer key||June 2019|
|Results||June – August 2019|
CLAT 2019 Application Form
- The applications have to be submitted ONLINE only from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
- Enter the preliminary details like the name, date of birth, and the educational qualifications
- Upload the photograph and signature
- Select the preferred NLUS
- Pay the fees through net banking, credit and debit cards.
CLAT 2019 Application fees
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern and Paper breakdown
For UG admissions
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct response
0.25 negative for the wrong attempt
|English including comprehension||40 marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 marks|
For PG admissions
|Type of questions||100 Multiple Choice Questions of one mark each
Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks on the topics of law and contemporary issues
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct response
0.25 negative for the wrong attempt for MCQs
|Constitutional Law||40 marks|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.||60 marks|
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
- English including comprehension: Understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: General awareness including static general knowledge and the knowledge of national and international current affairs.
- Mathematics: Elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught up to 10th Class/Standard.
- Legal Aptitude: The study of law, research aptitude, and problem-solving ability.
- Logical Reasoning: Identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
- Constitutional Law
- Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.
For more details, log on to https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in/syllabus
CLAT 2019 List of Colleges
The following colleges use CLAT to grant admissions into the 3 years/ 5-year Integrated LLB and LLM Programs. Apart from the colleges, IOCL will also be recruiting experience law officers through CLAT 2019
National Law Universities
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- WB National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
Private colleges using CLAT 2019 scores
- Shobhit University, NH-58, Modipuram, Meerut, U.P.
- RNB Global University, Bikaner, Rajasthan
- ISBR Law College, Bangalore
- LLOYD Law College, 11, K.P.-II, Greater Noida-201304, U.P.
- GLOCAL University, Delhi-Yamuna Marg, Mirzapur Pole, Saharanpur, U.P.-247001
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, AU-Block, Outer Ring Road, Pitampura, Delhi-110034
- Xavier Law School, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- Amity University, U.P.
- Law College Dehradun
- Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Bangalore-562106
- Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore
- GITAM SCHOOL OF LAW, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam
- Kalinga University, Naya Raipur, CG
- ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Asian Law College, Noida
- Siddharth Law College, Dehradun
- Aryans College of Law, Punjab
- School of Law, JIMS Engineering and Management Technical Campus Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- GLA University Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
- REVA University, Bangalore, Karnataka
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- No upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2019.
- The candidates must have secured forty-five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and forty percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of fifty five percent (55%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit
List of Revised CLAT 2019 Test Centres
CLAT has updated and revised its exam centres for 2019 exam. Below are the revised CLAT exam centres
CLAT 2019 Answer key
The answer key will be released a few weeks after the exam, and the candidates can check the keys and their own responses by logging in through their registration number and password.
CLAT 2019 Results and Counselling
The results will be declared on 14th June 2019 @ 6:30 PM, in the form of scorecards. The scorecard will contain the following information:
- CLAT score
- All India Rank
- Category Rank
An all India merit list will be published addition to a state-wise merit list based on the category of the candidates. The candidates securing a rank in the merit list will be eligible for counseling. The list of colleges will be published by the second week of June, after which the candidate will have to pay INR 50,000 for securing allotted seat during counseling procedure. The following documents have to be carried for the counseling
- CLAT 2019 Application Form
- CLAT 2019 Admit Card
- CLAT 2019 scorecard
- Class 10th Marks-sheet (Date of Birth proof)
- Class 12th Marks-sheet (Academic Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Specially-Abled Certificate (If applicable)
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Sponsored NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
CLAT 2019 Some Crucial Reminders
- Please fill the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelled correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify your candidature.
- The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
We wish you all the best for CLAT 2019. We hope we were able to help you with the information related to CLAT 2019. For more details, post your queries in the comments section below.