COMEDK (Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges) – The consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka.COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test (UGET) is a state-level entrance exam. This exam is conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. Every year, more than 70,000 candidates appear for COMEDK exam.
COMEDK UGET 2019 | Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
The exam provides a gateway for admissions to engineering and architecture courses. These courses are offered by more than 190 colleges/institutes that accept COMEDK)scores. Through COMEDK, candidates can get the admissions in over 20000 BTech and BArch seats that are on offer. The exam this year is scheduled for 12th May and the institution has already released their first mock test.
The applicants desiring to give this particular exam should read the article completely to get the exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus.
Note: The candidates interested to seek admission in BArch courses through COMEDK will first have to appear for National Aptitude Test in Architecture) and then participate in COMEDK counseling for the allocation of seats.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Overview
|Name of the Exam||COMEDK UGET|
|Exam Type||State level|
|Conducting body||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test|
|Frequency of the Exam||Annual|
|No of questions||180|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Mode of examination||Online|
COMEDK UGET 2019 Important Dates
The Important dates together with the exam dates are given in the table below
|Starting date for Registration||Jan 16 – Apr 19|
|The release of Mock Test||Feb 05|
|The release of Admit Card||May 03 – May 11|
|COMEDK 2019 Exam||May 12|
|The release of provisional answer key||May 16|
|Online submission of objections to the provisional answer key||May 16 – May 20|
|Final Answer Key||May 24|
|Result dates||May 27|
COMEDK UGET Admit Card
- The COMEDK 2019 Admit Card will be released on May 03rd, 2019 and will be accessible to download till May 11th, 2019, https://cdn.digialm.com
- The Admit Card also called the Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT) can be downloaded from the official website of COMEDK UGET within a specified date.
- Candidates are required to preserve the Admit Card until the end of the admission process.
- COMEDK UGET TAT will be available online and it will not be sent to the candidates through courier, post, email or in person.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the application form first, to give the relatable exam by following the given steps:
- Candidates have to visit the official Websitecomedk.org to fill the application form.
- Desiring candidates will fill the application form with correct details on the personal and qualification level.
- After filling the application form, the candidates will get a login id and password.
- Candidates will have to upload the scanned copies of their photograph, signature & parent’s/guardian’s signature in the below-given format and sizes
- Photograph of the candidate – The photograph should of recent times. It should be a colored photograph with a white/off-white background. Dimensions Should be 30mm x 45mm; File Size: 80 KB, Format: JPEG
- Signature of the Candidate and Father/ mother or Guardian – Candidate’s signature should be in black pen on a white paper. Dimensions should be of 80mm x 35mm; File Size: 80 KB; Format: JPEG or JPG
- Then after selecting the course, candidates have to save and submit the application form.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Fee
The application fee for COMEDK UGET 2019 is given in the table below
|PCM (COMEDK only)||1300/-|
|PCM (COMEDK and UNI-GAUGE)||2400/-|
The candidates can fill the application form through net banking, debit cards, and credit cards.
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK UGET
Candidates applying for COMEDK UGET will have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria
For Engineering Courses
- For B.E, the qualifying examinations prescribed for admission are second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed the merit examination with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and should have passed these subjects individually.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or any other technical courses as one of the optional subjects.
- If there are any changes in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE, it will be accepted.
- No lateral entry admissions are there. Due to which diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
For Architectural courses
- The qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government.
- The candidate should gain at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for General Merit and Category students.
- Candidates desiring to pursue Architecture, don’t need to take COMEDK UGET 2019. To seek admissions they have to fill a separate application form for COMEDK UGET 2019.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Pattern
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Pattern is as following
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of the exam||3 hours|
|No. of Questions||180|
|Total marks of question paper||180|
|Language of paper||English|
|Type of questions||MCQ’s|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/ Biology|
Number of questions present in each section of each paper is given in the table below
|Courses||No. of Questions (subject-wise)||No. of Questions (paper-wise)|
|Engineering courses||60 questions each||180 questions|
|Medical/Dental courses||60 questions each||120 questions|
|60 questions in Biology and 30 questions in English||90 questions|
|Both streams||60 questions each||180 questions|
|60 questions in Biology and 30 questions in English||90 questions|
COMEDK UGET 2019 Marking Scheme
- There is no negative marking done for wrong answers.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark is rewarded.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Syllabus
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Alternating Current
- Kinetic Energy
- Units of Measurement
- Current and Electricity
- Organic Chemistry
- Transitions of Metals
- Chemistry in Action
- Chemical Kinetics
- Logarithmic Series
- Differential Equations
COMEDK UGET 2019 Result and Counselling
- The results are announced online.
- After the scorecard is released, the candidates will have to register for Counselling by using there already generated id and password (at the time of filling the application form).
The dates for counseling are given as follows
|Registration date for counseling||The second week of July 2019|
|COMEDK counseling (Round I)||The third week of July 2019|
|COMEDK counseling (Round II)||Last week of July 2019|
At the time of registration, the candidates have to fill the tuition fee (part payment) of Rs.5000/- only. After the counseling starts, the candidates have filled their choices in regards to courses and colleges. The choices will be taken into consideration while allotting seats.
We hope this article was helpful to you in order to fill the form and give the following exam. For any further information, you can visit the current site and also the official website of COMEDK 2019 given above. You can ask your queries in the comment section below. It will be a pleasure writing back to you as early as possible.