Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT) is conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology. The examination will be conducted on 6th and 7th April 2019 in order to give admissions in courses like B.Tech and several PG courses. It also conducts the Department Admission Test(DAT) and Lateral Entry test(LET). The University provides admission in it’s three affiliated campuses. The eligibility also counts the GATE and MAT scores.
CUSAT CAT 2019 | Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus and Pattern
The candidates desiring to give the CUSAT CAT 2019 exam can read the current article for detailed information about the eligibility criteria, important exam dates, exam pattern, and syllabus.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Exam Dates
The official important examination dates for CUSAT CAT 2019 are given in the table below
|The release of the registration form||30th January|
|Last date for submission of application form||21st February|
|Last date of submission of application form with late fee||28th February|
|Online remittance of fee||30th January – 1st March|
|Extended registration period for M.Tech||15th March – 21st April|
|Availability of the admit card||25th March – 7th April|
|Exam dates 2019||6th and 7th April|
|The release of answer key||1st week of May|
|Declaration of results||3rd week of May|
|Counseling starts from||3rd week of May|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Application Form
The application form for CUSAT CAT 2019 is to be filled by the candidates in the following ways:
- Candidates desiring to fill the form will have to register at http://admissions.cusat.ac.in
- Candidates have to fill their personal details with their mobile number and e-mail id in order to get a user id and password (candidates are requested to change the allotted password).
- By using the user id and password candidates will fill their application forms with their correct educational qualification. The application form will be denied in case of any incorrect information filled by the candidate in the application form.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as specified below:
- Photograph:- JPG File format of size 4kb to 100kb
- Signature;- JPG file format of size 4kb to 30kb
- Photographs and signature images should not be blurred otherwise the candidature will be rejected by exam conducting authorities.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Application Fee
The application fee is to be paid online through credit card, debit card, and net banking. The application fee is different for different categories and is given below
|For Kerala SC/ST category||Rs. 500/-|
|International/ PIO/ Indian Gulf Worker’s Children||US $100|
|NRI seats||Rs. 6000/-|
|Diploma, Certificate programmes, PDF for SC/ST candidates||Rs. 50/-|
|Diploma, Certificate programmes, PDF||Rs. 100/-|
|Candidates opting for Dubai as examination center||Rs.10000/-|
|Ph.D. and M.Phil programmes for SC/ST candidates||Rs. 50/-|
|Ph.D. and M.Phil Programmes||Rs.1000/-|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Examination Pattern
The examination pattern for CUSAT CAT 2019 is provided in the given table below
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Types of questions||MCQ’s|
A number of questions for different programmes are different and is given below
First-year B.Tech/ Integrated M.Sc in Photonics
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Reasoning and Logical Thinking||50|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||25|
|Law Related Matters||25|
|Subjects||No. of questions|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Marking Scheme
For every correct answer, 3 marks will be rewarded and for each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Examination Centers
|Kolam||District Headquarters of Kerala|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for CUSAT CAT 2019 is to be downloaded as in the following way
- The candidates will first have to log in to the official website by using their user ID and password.
- The candidates after logging in will download the admit card by opting the ‘download admit card 2019’.
- The admit card will contain the examination center.
Note: The admit card is to be taken to the examination center for the entry and identification of the candidate.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates desiring to give the CUSAT CAT 2019 should be eligible under the following given points:
- The SC/ST communities of Kerala are eligible for applying.
- SEBC candidates belonging to a noncreamy layer of Kerala are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for qualification.
- Candidates applying for UG courses should have qualified 12th from a recognized board with at least aggregate marks of 45% in physics, chemistry, and Mathematics.
- For students applying for B.Com LLB, BBA LLB should have passed class 12th with 60% of marks, if they are from science stream and should have at least 55% of marks if they are from other streams.
- The age criteria also matter. Candidates of 20 years of age as on 1st July 2019 and 22 years of age for SC/ST are eligible for giving the exam.
- For students applying for MCA, should have qualified 12th with maths as one of the subjects or graduate in Technology/ Electronics/ Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Computer application/ Engineering with aggregate marks of 55%.
- Candidates applying for LLM should have aggregate marks of 45% in bachelor’s degree in law.
- Candidates who are applying through GATE scorecard will get 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Results
The results are declared online on the above-given dates. Candidates are requested to download their result cards and fill their preferences for further counseling.
We hope the present article is helpful to you in order to fill the form and appear for the following exam. For any further information, you can visit the current website and also the official website of CUSAT CAT 2019 given above. You can ask your queries in the comment section below. It will be a pleasure writing back to you as soon as possible.