Dayananda Sagar Institutions founded in the 60s by one such visionary, late Sri Dayananda Sagar committed to taking knowledge to the people, transforms today’s students into responsible citizens and professional leaders of tomorrow. Dayananda Sagar University was created by Dayananda Sagar Institutions (DSI), Bengaluru under an Act of the Karnataka State Legislature and the Government of Karnataka and approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Dayanand Sagar Admission Test (DSAT) 2019 | Exam Pattern, Application Details, Eligibility, Results and Counselling
DSAT is conducted for granting admission to various UG and PG courses like B.Tech., M.Tech., B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Pharm D, MBA. The candidates can register three days prior to the examination date. The exam will be held in 82 cities in India, on April 27 to 28 and May 4, 5, 25 and 26, 2019. The examination mode will be both online and offline.
DSAT 2019 Tentative Schedule
DSAT 2019 will follow the course given below, from the registration to the counseling.
|Commencement of online application||January 21, 2019|
|Last date for application||3 days prior to each exam|
|Availability of admit cards for DSAT 2019||Starting from April 15, 2019|
|DSAT 2019 Exam date||April 27, 28 and May 4, 5, 25 and 26, 2019|
|Results||To be announced|
|Counseling schedule||To be announced for June 2019|
DSAT 2019 Application Procedure
The application form can be filled both online and offline.
- Visit the official website www.dsu.edu.in/admission
- Register using the email address and mobile number
- Login and fill the relevant details
- Upload photograph and signature
- Submit and pay the fees through net banking or debit or credit card
- Take a print out of the form from the official website
- Fill it properly, and attach a passport size photograph
- The form, along with the fees, should be submitted at the University
DSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria UG Programme
B.Tech (Bachelor OF Technology
- PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 from any recognized Board or University/Any equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, with at least 45% for General and OBC category applicants. For SC/ST, at least 40% of marks are required in Physics, Mathematics or any one of the subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Electronics, English.
B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
- Two-year PUC examination or any equivalent examination of an approved Board or University with at least 40% in either of these combinations: PCM, PCB, PCMB, PC & Computer Science or PC & Electronics.
- 10+2 from PUC or any other equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry should be compulsory subjects with either Biology or Mathematics.
DSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria PG Programme
M.Tech (Master of Technology)
- BE/B.Tech with at least 50% of marks in aggregate in the applied choice of field
MBA: Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration recognized by this University, with at least 50% of the marks in the aggregate (45% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST & OBC category)
DSAT 2019 Exam pattern
- The exam will be held both in online and offline mode.
- The medium of instructions will be English only.
- The candidates will be required to solve 75 objective type questions in 2 hours.
- To get a better idea, the candidates can check out the sample papers at Download DSAT Exam Pattern From Here
DSAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for the undergraduate courses will cover the fundamental concepts of the subjects covered in 10+2 examination. For postgraduate courses, the syllabus will consist of the relevant coursework at the undergraduate level.
DSAT 2019 Examination Cities
DSAT 2019 will be held in 82 cities all over India. The list of the cities is given below
|Chennai KC||Navi Mumbai|
|Kanpur SS||Udaipur MMB|
DSAT 2019 Results and Counselling
DSAT 2019 Result will be declared in May 2019. The exact date will be announced soon. The result will be displayed in the form of a merit list, that will specify the total marks obtained by the candidate. The counseling will be based on the merit list and the course preference.
The selected candidates will have to report in person for the counseling, along with all the important documents. The counseling schedule and details will be updated soon.
DSAT Seat Matrix
The following seat matrix will give the candidates an idea about the intake in different courses
|Courses||Number of Seats|
|B.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering||420|
|B.Tech – Electronics & Communication Engg.||180|
|B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering||120|
|B.Tech – Computer Science & Technology||60|
|B.Tech – Aerospace Engineering||60|
|M.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering Specialisation: Big Data/Internet of Things||18|
|M.Tech – Computer Science & Information Technology Specialisation: Cloud Computing||18|
|M.Tech – Electronics & Communication Specialisation:Embedded System||18|
|M.Tech – Mechanical Engineering Specialisation: Design Engg||18|
|MBA: Master of Business Administration||180|
DSAT 2019 Some Crucial Reminders
- Do not forget to carry the printout of admit cards. The candidates will not be permitted to enter the exam hall without the admit card.
- Do not forget to carry all the relevant documents for the counseling
We hope we were able to help you with the DSAT details. Please feel free to post any other query in the comments section below. We will be happy to answer all of them. Good luck for DSAT 2019