English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) | Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria
The English and Foreign Languages University, also known as EFLU, is a university which is basically for Foreign and English languages situated in Hyderabad. Entire South Asia has just one university which is fully dedicated to languages.
The university provides the options that lets one commence to study different languages like English and foreign and it includes Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Persian, Turkish, and French, Chinese, and German. All of these comprise with education, literature, and cultural studies.
EFLU 2019 History
English and Foreign Languages University, which was founded in the year 1958, Hyderabad. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India, took the initiative to open the university which was further renamed to Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages. Further to that, there were three languages added – French, German, and Russian.
The CIEFL, in the year 2006, was renowned as a central university, which was later renamed to English and Foreign Languages University.
EFLU 2019 Important Dates
The important highlights of EFLU are:
|Application form availability||7th February 2019 (7 PM)|
|Application form submission||26th February 2019|
|The issue of admit card||5thh March 2019|
|EFLU examination date||9th March 2019 and 10th March 2019|
|EFLU examination date for undergraduate courses||
30th March 2019 and 31st March 2019
|Declaration of Result||Still to be announced|
EFLU 2019 Courses
The different courses that EFLU aims to offer are
- UG Program – The different UG Program courses includes: Arabic B.A, Journalism B.A, Japanese B.A, English B.A, Spanish B.A, German B.A, and Mass Communication.
- PG Program – A Language Teaching, French Language and Literature, M.A Literatures in English, M.A Comparative Literature, M.A Arabic Language and Literature, M.A Hispanic Language and Literature, M.A German Language and Literature, M.A Journalism and Mass Communication, M.A Russian Language and Literature, M.A Computational Linguistics, M.A French Language and Literature, M.A English, and M.A Linguistics.
- Teacher Training Techniques – Post-graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English, B. Ed English, and Post-graduate Diploma in the Teaching of Arabic.
- D. Programs – Ph. D. Indian and World Literatures, Ph. D English and Education, Ph. D. Russian Language and Literatures, Ph. D. Indian and World Literatures, Ph. D. Hindi, Ph. D. Film Studies and Visual Culture, Ph. D Transition Studies, Ph. D. Education, Ph. D Translation Studies.
EFLU Application Form 2019
- EFLU 2019 will set out its application form for both the courses i.e. UG and PG on 7th February 2019.
- The last date for submission of the application form is 27th February 2019.
- To fill the application form, candidates have to register themselves using an email ID.
- The candidates will receive a password on the registered email.
- It is important for the candidates to have their own username and password for obtaining further details.
EFLU 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- It is important for the candidates appearing for the EFLU examination to have passed 10 + 2 exams from English medium and English as a subject.
- Along with that, it is important for the candidate to score 50% aggregate marks in the same.
Post Graduate Courses
- The candidate has to have a Bachelor’s Degree and should have 55% marks in aggregate.
- The aggregate marks have to be scored in the respective course for which th candidate is applying.
Ph. D. Programs
For all the candidates who want to enroll themselves in postgraduation, it is important for them to have a minimum score of 55%.
EFLU 2019 Examination Test Centres
The list of the Exam Centers is as follows:
The Reservation percentage Categories is as follows:
EFLU 2019 Entrance Examination Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of question||
|Exam Duration||2 hours
After these exams, later dates will be allotted for interviews which the candidates are likely to receive via email.
- For B.A in subjects English, Arabic, Japanese, German, the question paper will have objective type questions of 100 marks.
- For M.A in computational linguistics, Hindi, English Literature, Comparative Literature, and English Language Teaching will also be an objective type question exam of 100 marks.
EFLU 2019 Application Fees
The entrance test fees for one course in EFLU is
EFLU 2019 Admit Card
- EFLU will issue the admit card right after the application process is over.
- The admit card of EFLU will be available on the official website and is easy to download with just a click.
- All you have to do is enter the username and password.
- Also, make sure to take a print out of your admit card before appearing for the center.
EFLU 2019 Cut off
EFLU 2019 cut off is the minimum amount of marks that is mandatory for candidates to pass the exams. The candidates who will get the desired cut off for EFLU 2019 will be a further called for interview and counseling.
The breakup and cut off requirements are as follows:
- General Category: 50%
- OBC: 45%
- SC/ST/PWD: 30%
EFLU 2019 Results
- The date of results of English and Foreign Language University will release on their official website.
- The mode will be online.
- The candidates will see their name, marks, and roll numbers on the result board itself.
- The ones who will qualify and will pass the required criteria, they are likely to be invited for counseling and interview.
For any query regarding EFLU 2019 please comment in the comment section we will get back to you.