Goa Common Entrance Exam (GCET) 2019 is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education(DTE), Goa to provide admission for Professional Degree courses in Engineering and Pharmacy in state level. The conduct of Goa GCET is based on offline mode or pen and paper mode.
Goa Common Entrance Exam 2019 | Notification, Application Form, Dates, Syllabus,
Candidates who are interested in giving Goa Common Entrance Exam(GCET) 2019, have to apply through offline mode to enroll themselves. Also, they need to check whether they meet the eligibility criteria or not before they apply for it. After the application form is submitted, candidates are advised to prepare for the exam as per the syllabus mentioned by the Directorate of Technical Education(DTE), Goa.
The admit cards for candidates will be made available online on the official website itself. After the declaration of results, candidates who have cleared the Goa Common Entrance Exam (GCET) 2019, have to undergo counseling procedure to get admissions into institutes affiliated by Directorate of Technical Education(DTE), Goa. Let us read the complete details related to GCET 2019 admissions, exams, application forms, fees, etc.
Goa Common Entrance Exam (GCET) 2019 Overview
|Exam Name||Goa Common Entrance Exam (GCET) 2019|
|Conducted By||Directorate of Technical Education(DTE)|
|Government||Govt. of Goa|
|Mode of Applying for Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Number of Seats||1300 (Approximately)|
GCET 2019 Important Dates
|The announcement of dates of GCET 2019||30th October 2019|
|Prospectus uploading date||28th February 2019|
|Start of receiving application forms for GCET 2019||25th March 2019|
|The last date to receive application and collecting admit cards||30th March 2019|
|The last date to receive an application with late fees and collecting admit cards (with Rs.1500)||26th April 2019|
|Exam dates||7th May 2019
8th May 2019
|GCET 2019 Results(Expected)||15th May 2019|
|Start for receiving an application for Admission(FORM A/B/C) at a given location||17th May 2019|
|Last date for receiving an application for Admission(FORM A/B/C) at a given location||24th May 2019|
|An eligibility list for GCET based courses will be displayed on||6th June 2019|
|Last date for compliance in GCET based eligibility list with deficiencies||10th June 2019|
|Provisional Merit List of GCET||12th June 2019|
|Final Merit list||14th June 2019|
|First Round of Admission to Engineering and Pharmacy||17th June to 21st June 2019|
|Second Round of Admission to Engineering and Pharmacy||15th July to 17th July 2019|
|Third Round of Admission to Engineering and Pharmacy||8th August to 13th August 2019|
GCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to apply for Goa Common Entrance Exam 2019 should match their qualifications and required skills as per the eligibility criteria mentioned by the Directorate of Technical Education(DTE), Goa. Only those candidates are permitted to appear for the GCET exam. Go through the below-given eligibility criteria’s
- Candidate should carry Indian Citizenship. NRI candidates have reserved seats available for them, under which the admission process for them will be considered.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam, conducted by Goa Board, CBSE, New Delhi or equivalent board with Physics, Mathematics and English as mandatory subject and any one of the subjects- Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.
- Candidates should have passed qualifying examination with a minimum of 45% in case of general category and 40% in case of SC/ST/OBC category.
- There is no age limit defined for admission in Engineering and Pharmacy Courses.
GCET 2019 Reservation Seats
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Central and State Personal||3%|
|Ex-Defence Service Personnel||1%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||With respect to the supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
GCET 2019 Application Form
The application form for Goa Common Entrance Exam 2019 is available online on the official website. Candidates have to download the available application form and fill the details as per the instructions are given in the form. Candidates have to fill these mandatory details in the application form;
- Recent Photograph
- Date Of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Phone Number
- Mobile Number
- Academic Details
- GCET Subjects and Centers
- Payment Details
- Signature of candidate
Subject code as per the table to be mentioned
Along with the application, form candidates are required to enclose below-given details
- 2 additional passport size photo
- Class 10th Passing Certificate.
- Class 12th/equivalent exam passing certificate or HSSC Examination Hall Ticket.
Download GCET Application Form From Here
GCET 2019 Application Fee
- The application fee for GCET 2019 will be Rs. 2000/-.
- The late fee will be Rs. 1500/-.
- Candidates can submit the application fee through offline mode.
- The fee can be remitted in the Account of “Directorate of Technical Education” with client code ‘DRCTORTEDU’ in any branch of HDFC Bank in the State of Goa.
- Outside Goa candidates, should send the Application form along with the Demand Draft in favor of
- “Director of Technical Education” payable at
Panaji drew in any scheduled bank.
- “Director of Technical Education” payable at
- For Online Payment Please Visit smarthubgovernment.hdfcbank.com/SmartHubGovt/DirectLoadQuickPay
GCET 2019 Centers with Center Code and Address
|Tiswadi Cujira(Bambolim)||10||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts & Science|
|Panaji||11||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|Verna||12||Fr. Agnel Multipurpose Higher Secondary School|
|Navelim||13||Rosary College / Higher Secondary of Arts & Commerce|
|Vasco||14||Deep Vihar High School|
|Mapusa||15||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|Ponda-1||16||A. J. De Almeida High School|
|Ponda(Farmagudi)||17||G. V. Ms. Smt. N. J. Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|Bicholim||18||Shantadurga High School|
|Curchorem||19||Govt. Polytechnic, Curchorem|
|Porvorim||20||Vidya Prabodhini Higher Secondary School|
|Assagao||21||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
|Sanquelim||22||Govt. Higher Secondary School|
|Cuncolim||23||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School|
|Dharbandora||24||BBSS, Vishweshwar Shankar Lead Higher Secondary School|
* Additional Centres may be notified as per requirement.
GCET 2019 Exam Pattern
|Examination Mode||Offline(Pen and Paper based)|
|Questions Type||Objective Type Questions/ Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Number of Questions||225|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Question per Subject||Physics – 75
Chemistry – 75
Mathematics – 75
|Marking System||One mark for each correct answer and no negative marking|
GCET 2019 Syllabus for Preparation
The syllabus for Goa Common Entrance Test 2019 is based on your qualifying academic for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
Dual nature of matter and radiation
Atoms and Nuclei
|Mathematics||Relations and functions
Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
General principles and processes of isolation of elements
d and f block elements
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Alcohols, phenols, and others
Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
Organic compounds containing nitrogen
Chemistry in everyday life
GCET 2019 Admit Card
- Registered candidates will be issued the admit card of Goa Common Entrance Test 2019 from March 25.
- GCET 2019 admit card will be issued as soon as the candidates have submitted the application form at the designated centers of DTE.
- Candidates will also be able to collect the admit card from DTE Goa with late fees of Rs.1500/-.
- Candidates are advised to check to admit card, for any discrepancies.
- Candidates are required to carry the admit card on the day of GCET, else they won’t be allowed to sit in the examination hall.
GCET 2019 Answer Key
- Candidates can download the PDF file of Answer Key, after the exam has been conducted for GCET 2019, from the official website by the second week of May 2019, which will be published by DTE, Goa.
- Candidates can tally the answers and calculate the approximate result.
GCET 2019 Results
- The results for Goa Common Entrance Test 2019 will be declared by 15th May, tentatively.
- Candidate can see the result through online mode.
- Candidates can check their registration number in the PDF file of GCET results published by DTE, Goa.
- Candidates who have qualified the GCET 2019 exam according to the cut-off marks and merit list declared, will be able to attend the counseling procedure for admissions in Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
Colleges Participating for GCET Admissions
- Goa Medical College
- Goa Dental College & Hospital
- Goa College of Engineering
- Gomantak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya & Research Centre
- Institute of Nursing Education
- Vrindavan Institute of Nursing Education, Colvale
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engg. & Info Tech.
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- P.E. S.Rajaram & Tarabai Bandekar College of Pharmacy
- Goa College of Architecture
- Shri Kamaxidevi Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
- Goa College of Pharmacy
Address and Contact Details
Directorate of Technical Education
Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa. 403 521
Phone: (0832) 2416370
For any queries regarding GCET 2019 Please leave your comment in the comments section we will get back to you at earliest.
Leave a Reply