GDS Recruitment 2019: The India Post (Bharatiya Dak Vibhag) has invited applications for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2019 in the Delhi, Jharkhand and Himachal Pradesh circles. There are a total of 10,066 vacancies have been released for Assam, Bihar, Gujrat, Karnataka, Kerala, and Punjab. You need to register and pay the online fee via the online application form. Read on to find out more about Gramin Dak Sevak Application Form 2019.
Note: Before filling the GDS application form it is advisable to go through this article to obtain all the relevant information on GDS application. This will help you to fill the GDS online application with much ease.
- November 30, 2019: The last date to apply for the Maharashtra circle is extended to December 03. Apply Now!!
- November 29, 2019: GDS Online Registration & Application process for Maharashtra circle will end on November 30, 2019. Apply Now.
- November 21, 2019: GDS online registration for Andra Pradesh, Telangana, and Chhattisgarh circles is closed. However, candidates can apply online for Maharashtra circle till November 30.
- November 4, 2019: Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment released for Maharashtra circle. A total of 3650 vacancies released. Candidates can apply online from November 01. The last date to apply online is November 30.
Eligibility for Maharashtra circle: Candidates must be 10th pass with Marathi/ Konkani (For GOA Region only) as one of the subjects.
Gramin Dak Sevak 2019 Overview
|Job Role||Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Recruitment Body||India Post|
|Educational Qualification||10th Pass|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online or Offline|
Gramin Dak Sevak 2019 Important Dates
Keep note of the following dates so that you don’t miss anything important and plan accordingly.
|Events||GDS Important Dates (Maharashtra)|
|Start of Registration and Fee Payment||November 01, 2019|
|End of Registration and Fee Payment||December 03, 2019|
|Start of GDS Online Application||November o1, 2019|
|End of GDS Online Application||December 03, 2019|
Gramin Dak Sevak 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria are as mentioned in the notification released on 06th June 2019.
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Maximum age: 40 years
- Given below are the permissible relaxations in upper age criteria for various categories:
|S.no||Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|1.||Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3.||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|5.||Persons with Disabilities (PWD) + OBC||13 years|
|6.||Persons with Disabilities (PWD) + SC/ST||15 years|
Note: Though there is no relaxation in the upper age limit for EWS candidates, if they are not covered under any of the reservation schemes for SCs, STs, and OBCs, they will get a 10% reservation.
- Candidate must have passed 10th class with Mathematics and English as compulsory or elective subjects from any recognized Board of School.
- The candidate must have studied the local language at least up to class 10 as compulsory or as elective subjects.
GDS Computer Knowledge
Candidates must obtain a basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Govt/State Govt/Universities / Boards/ Private Institutions/ Organizations.
GDS Recruitment 2019 Vacancy
The India Post has announced a total of 1,735 vacancies. The distribution is as follows
|Himachal Pradesh Circle||Jharkhand Circle||Delhi Circle|
The above vacancies of Gramin Dak Sevak are for the following three posts
- Branch Post Master
- Assistant Branch Post Master
- Dak Sevak
How to Apply Online for Gramin Dak Sevak Posts 2019?
Gramin dak Sevak apply online steps are as follows:
- Visit the official website for GDS – appost.in
- Click on the link “register here”
- Register carefully by giving all your details like name, mobile number, gender, date of birth, category, etc.
- You will receive an OTP. Verify your mobile number using the same.
- Your unique registration number will be generated.
- Pay the application fees either by online mode or offline mode (by going to the head post office)
- Fill out the GDS online application form using the registration number. Upload your photo and signature.
- Click on “submit details”.
- Take a print out of the application and keep it safe for future reference.
You can check your GDS application status at any time by clicking on the “Application Status” link.
Documents to be attached for application
Below are the documents/photographs that you will have to attach during the online application for GDS 2019. Take note of the file formats and file sizes to ensure that there is no hassle while applying.
|Name of the Document||File Format||File Size||Mandatory or Not|
|Candidate’s photo||jpg||50 kb
Dimensions: 200*230 pixels
|Signature scan||jpg||50 kb
Dimensions: 200*230 pixels
|SSC Marks Memo||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory|
|DOB Proof||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Only if DOB is not present in SSC Marks Memo|
|Computer certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Can be submitted at the time of appointment if got selected|
|Community Certificate||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory for all categories except Unreserved Category|
|Certificate of Disability||jpg/ jpeg||200 kb||Mandatory for PH Candidates|
GDS Application Fee
Below are the fees to be paid for GDS application 2019, for different categories
|Unreserved / OBC / EWS (Male)||100|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||0|
Payment through offline mode: Payment can be made by visiting any Head Post office of the state. Click on this link to view a list of all the offices where you can make the payment: Fee Payment Offices
Payment through online mode
Follow the below steps carefully to fill the application fee for GDS 2019 through online mode:
- Visit the official website (link given above).
- Click on “pay online”
- Enter all your details like registration number, mobile number, etc.
- Click on “Make payment”.
- Note that there are Transaction service charges.
|Net Banking||Rs.10/- Per Transaction|
|Credit Cards||1% of the Transaction Amount.|
|Debit Cards – for Transaction up to Rs.2000/- :||Nil.|
Check the image below to know how the GDS online fee payment portal looks like:
We hope that this article cleared all the doubts you had regarding GDS application 2019. We recommend that you don’t wait until the last date of application and apply as soon as possible. Visit the following links to know more