How To Prepare For AMCAT?
Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test which is commonly known as AMCAT is India’s largest employability assessment for freshers and job seekers. The AMCAT Score is accepted and recognized by more than 3000+ companies in India to provide career opportunities to thousands of job seekers. Basically, AMCAT exam evaluates students aptitude skills to help recruiters to find the suitable candidates for their organization.
AMCAT is an adaptive test because the questions raised in the AMCAT exam will not be in order. It merely depends on whether the student answers the current question correctly or not. If the student answers the current question correctly, then the next question will be difficult when compared to the current question.
The AMCAT exam is a great platform for the job hunters who want to secure a job in the well-recognized industry. The AMCAT examination score helps candidates to find their desired job in their dream company. Basically, the AMCAT score which is secured by the students is shared across the recruiters and further the recruiter would approach the candidate based on the AMCAT scores. The AMCAT score is accepted by more than 3000+ companies in various industries such as IT, ITES, Consulting, Banking, Financial sectors etc., The advantages of AMCAT exam are as follows:
- Can reach up to 3000+ recruiters.
- Can obtain AMCAT certification based on the skills.
- Apply directly for jobs that accept AMCAT score.
- Get hired easily with help of AMCAT Score.
So for these reasons, the AMCAT exam is considered to be one of the difficult exams for the freshers and job seekers. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding AMCAT Preparation Tips. Read on to find out how to prepare for AMCAT?
How To Prepare For AMCAT?
Generally, the AMCAT exam consists of multiple choice questions from five different sections and the five sections are listed below:
- English Verbal
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Ability
- Computer Programming
- Domain Specific
In the above 5 sections or modules, the three modules are compulsory that is English Verbal, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Ability. The other two sections or modules can be opted based on their domain. So the job seekers who are preparing for AMCAT must be aware of AMCAT exam pattern, exam Syllabus to get the good score in the AMCAT exam.
How To Prepare For AMCAT? | AMCAT Section-Wise Cutoff
Job seekers who wish to secure a job in their dream company must meet the section-wise cutoff specified to qualify in the examination. The AMCAT Section-wise Cutoff is tabulated below:
|Section||Total Questions||Duration||Cutoff (to be obtained)|
|Verbal English||18||16||80 percentile|
|Quantitative Ability||16||18||75 percentile|
|Logical Ability||14||16||75 percentile|
|Computer Programming||25||35||80 percentile|
|Domain Specific||26||25||75 percentile|
The above table shows the total question, duration of the exam and the percentile to be obtained. Those candidates who meet this cutoff will be qualified for the further rounds of interview. Keeping all these factors in mind job seekers must have a proper plan or schedule to ace the AMCAT examination.
How Long Does It Take To Prepare For AMCAT?
Preparing for the AMCAT exam will differ from one person to other. Some may crack the AMCAT exam within a week and some may dedicate several months to prepare for the AMCAT Exam. However, candidates are recommended to spend at least 3 months in preparing AMCAT exam. Now let us look at the AMCAT preparation guide for each section.
How To Prepare For AMCAT English Section?
This section of AMCAT tests the English communication, comprehension and writing skills of the student. This module is valued for 900 marks. So, before getting into the details of AMCAT Verbal Ability or English preparation tips let’s have an overview of AMCAT English Section Syllabus:
AMCAT English Section Syllabus & Exam Pattern: The AMCAT Verbal Ability Syllabus & Exam Pattern is listed below:
- Vocabulary: Synonyms, Antonyms, Contextual Vocabulary.
- Grammar: Error Identification & Sentence Imrpovement and Conclusion.
- Comprenshion: Reading Comprehension.
Candidates must attend a total of 18 questions in 16 minutes and obtain 80 percent to qualify in this section.
Basically, in AMCAT English exam, there will be two passages and each passage contains 2-3 questions. So the student must read and understand the summary of passage carefully without wasting time on it. The candidate is advised not to consume more than 2 mins to read the passage otherwise you may not complete the questions in the given time. Once you understood the passage, start attempting the questions in sequence. If you find difficulty in answering the question, just click on the skip button to attempt further questions.
So in order to attempt all the questions correctly, follow the detailed AMCAT preparation for English which is given below:
How To Prepare For AMCAT English Vocabulary?
The vocabulary skills will be tested in the form of Synonyms, Antonyms, and Contextual Vocabulary. For the AMCAT Vocabulary section, the student must prepare as follows:
- Keep the list of words which you won’t remember and read them when you are free.
- Make usage of flashcards to remember words.
- Read, read, read – Start reading books, newspapers, magazines, and poetry this helps you to come across new words.
- Start using new words frequently that is as soon as you learn a new word try to use that new word in your daily life.
- Take vocabulary mock tests to test your vocabulary knowledge.
- Refer the Dictionary when you come across a new word.
- Phrase a sentence as soon as you learn a new word.
How To Prepare For AMCAT Grammar Section?
The grammar skills of the candidate will be tested through Error identification, Sentence improvement & conclusion. The AMCAT preparation tips for the Grammar section is listed below:
- First, brush up the basic grammar concepts.
- Know the usage & omission of articles while solving error spoting questions.
- Go through English Tenses & and types of English tenses as this section will be helpful in solving the sentence improvement & conclusion.
- Work on clauses, determiners & prepositions.
How To Prepare For AMCAT Reading Comprehension?
In order to score good marks in the Reading Comprehension Section, the student must follow the techniques listed below:
- Use your pencil as a pointer to guide your eyes while reading the passage. This will help you to completely concentrate on reading.
- Also using a pencil helps you to read the comprehension fastly.
- Circle or note down the keywords and phrases which you come across while reading the passage.
- Read each question carefully before answering the question.
How To Prepare For AMCAT Quantitative Aptitude?
Quantitative Aptitude is created to test the mathematical capability of the students. This section is tailored to suit both students with technical as well non-technical background. So, before getting into the details of AMCAT Quantitative Aptitude Preparation tips, let us look at the Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus & Exam Pattern:
AMCAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus & Exam Pattern: The AMCAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus & Exam Pattern is listed below:
- Basic Mathematics: Divisibility, HCF and LCM, Numbers, decimal fractions, and power
- Applied Mathematics: Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Time, Speed and Distance, Inverse
- Engineering Mathematics: Logarithms, Permutation, and Combinations, Probability
Candidates must attend 16 questions within 18 minutes and obtain 75% to qualify in AMCAT exam.
Students must prepare for AMCAT Quants section as the following:
- Brush up the basic formulas to solve the questions easily.
- Practice the questions regularly as this will be helpful in solving the questions fastly.
- Learn tricks & shortcuts to solve the questions.
- Initially work on the topics which you feel easy first and then move to difficult level problems.
- Make notes of important points and shortcuts this will help for last time revision.
- Always solve the problems in a time-bound manner.
- Revise your elementary level maths first to solve the questions hassle free.
- Focus on your weaker areas and dedicate more time on the areas which you feel.
How To Prepare For AMCAT Logical Reasoning?
This section of AMCAT tests the candidate’s logical reasoning ability. So, before getting into the details of AMCAT Logical Reasoning Preparation tips, let us look at the AMCAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus & Exam Pattern:
AMCAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus & Exam Pattern: The AMCAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus & Exam Pattern is listed below:
- Deductive Reasoning: Coding deductive logic, Data Sufficiency, Directional Sense, Logical Word Sequence, Objective Reasoning, Selection decision tables, Puzzles.
- Inductive Reasoning: Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition, Analogy and Classification pattern recognition.
- Abductive Reasoning: Logical word sequence, Data Sufficiency.
Candidates must attend 14 questions within 16 minutes and obtain 75 percentile to qualify in the AMCAT exam.
The preparation tips to ace the AMCAT logical reasoning is as follows:
- Initially try to understand the basic concepts and theory as this will be helpful to solve the questions easily.
- Complete the AMCAT Reasoning Syllabus and take mock tests.
- Work on previous year question papers and try to solve them.
- Practice all the topics on the regular basis.
- Make use of charts to understand the concepts deeply.
- Try to visualize the question and think logically before solving the question.
- Always solve the questions which are less time to consume and solve the time-consuming questions at the end.
How To Prepare For AMCAT Computer Programming?
The Computer Programming modules is complusory for all the candidates. So, Before getting into the details of AMCAT Computer Programming Preparation tips, let us look at the AMCAT Computer Programming Syllabus & Exam Pattern:
AMCAT Computer Programming Syllabus & Exam Pattern: The AMCAT Computer Programming Syllabus is tabulated below:
Candidates must attend 25 questions within 35 minutes and obtain 80% to qualify in this section.
The preparation tips to for AMCAT Computer Programming is as follows:
- Revise your OOPs concept first.
- Use mnemonics to remember the definitions. For example, in order to remember the OSI layers in Networks, the mnemonics are “Please do not touch steeve’s pet alligator.”
- Start from the start that is start revising from the basics.
- Plan a schedule and stick to that schedule strictly.
- Work on previous year question papers.
- Take mock tests as this will help you to improve your test taking stamina.
- Time Management is very important. So make sure to manage your time accordingly.
How To Prepare For AMCAT Domain Specific?
The AMCAT domain specific has multiple streams and the list of streams in the AMCAT Domain Specific is listed below:
|4||Electronics & Instrumentation|
|5||Electronics & Telecommunications|
|7||Electronics and Electrical|
For example, if you are a Mechanical Engineering background and you have attempted Electronics and Semiconductor Engineering module. In that case, companies based on electronics & semiconductors mostly look for the candidates from the background of ECE, EEE, E&I and related branches. So a candidate must opt for the stream they wish to appear for the exam carefully and whereas the computer programming is compulsory for all the streams.
AMCAT Domain Specific Exam Pattern & Syllabus: The AMCAT domain specific exam pattern will be according to the module they have opted for:
|Section||Number of questions||Time duration (in minutes)|
|Computer Programming||25||35 mins|
|Computer Science||26||25 mins|
|Electronics and Semiconductors||25||35 mins|
|Electrical Engineering||25||30 mins|
|Mechanical Engineering||30||25 mins|
|Civil Engineering||40||25 mins|
|Instrumentation Engineering||25||20 mins|
|Industrial Engineering||18||20 mins|
|Production Engineering||20||20 mins|
|Metallurgical Engineering||25||15 mins|
|Chemical Engineering||26||25 mins|
|Automotive Engineering||26||25 mins|
|Paint Technology||20||15 mins|
|Polymer Technology||25||15 mins|
Note: It is advised that candidate must choose the domain module which is related to their streams.
List of Modules according to the stream is tabulated below:
|Electronics||Electronics and Semiconductor Engineering, Automata, Computer Programming, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Production Engineering, Computer Programming|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering, Automata, Electronics, and Semiconductor Engineering, Computer Programming, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||Electronics and Semiconductor Engineering, Automata, Computer Programming, Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science|
|Electronics & Telecommunications||Electronics and Semiconductor Engineering, Automata, Computer Programming, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science|
|Civil||Civil Engineering, Computer Programming|
|Electronics and Electrical||Electronics and Semiconductor Engineering, Automata, Computer Programming, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science|
How To Prepare For AMCAT CSE, ECE:
Follow the preparation tips as below to prepare for AMCAT Domain Specific:
- Keep your career stream basics strong.
- Solve previous year question papers.
- Study each and every concept which is mentioned in your syllabus.
- Make usage of notes as it will be helpful in revision.
- Work on the following concepts
- OS Basics (Computer Architecture, Process Management and Synchronization, Memory and I/O Management, Time Scheduling Algorithms)
- DBMS(Relational Model, Schema, Weak/Strong Entity, Relational Algebra)
- SQL(Normalization, Architecture, Indexing) and Computer Networks Basics(Basics of networking and communication, OSI, TCP/IP layers and protocols, Network Devices and Routing Algorithms)
How To Prepare For AMCAT Aspiring Minds Personality Inventory?
This module does an overall personality assessment of the candidate. This section contains a total of 80 questions and the duration of this section or module is 20 minutes. This module is considered to be the easiest one among the above sections. However, this section is entirely based on candidates behavior skills.
Now you are provided with section-wise AMCAT preparation tips now let us look at how to prepare for AMCAT exam in a week. Let us look at how to crack AMCAT exam in a week.
How To Crack AMCAT In A Week?
Follow the AMCAT preparation guide as below to crack the AMCAT exam:
- Know Your Syllabus & Exam Pattern: The candidates who are appearing for the AMCAT exam must be aware of the AMCAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern and start their preparation accordingly. As the domain-specific section carries most of the marks, the candidates must download the domain-specific syllabus which is available online on the AMCAT website.
- Work On Compulsory Sections: As the first sections of AMCAT exam is compulsory, that is English, Quants & Reasoning dedicate most of the time in this section. Scoring good marks in this section help you to boost your overall AMCAT Score.
- Solve Sample Papers: Solve as much as sample papers this in turn will help you to analyze how the actual question paper will be and how to solve the actual question paper easily.
- Create A Time Table: Always schedule your study time table and stick to it. If you strictly follow your time table, you can easily crack your AMCAT exam.
- Time Management: Time Management plays a vital role in AMCAT exam. Candidates are advised not to spend more than 3 mins on one question. So manage your time effectively while answering the question.
- Take Care Of Yourself: As a fresher or a job seeker, you will be nervous as this is the career choosing stream. So kindly relax and eat healthy food, have enough sleep and take care of yourself. Keeping yourself calm & relax will help you to attempt the AMCAT exam hassle free.
AMCAT Sample Papers for Compulsory Modules
The AMCAT Sample Papers for compulsory modules are tabulated below
|AMCAT English||Click Here|
|AMCAT Quantitative Aptitude||Click Here|
|AMCAT Reasoning||Click Here|
AMCAT Sample Papers For Domain-Specific Modules
The AMCAT Sample Papers For Domain-Specific Modules are tabulated below:
|Computer Programming||Click Here|
|Computer Science||Click Here|
|Automotive Engineering||Click Here|
|Chemical Engineering||Click Here|
|Electrical Engineering||Click Here|
|Civil Engineering||Click Here|
|Electronics and Semiconductors||Click Here|
|Industrial Engineering||Click Here|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Click Here|
|Mechanical Engineering||Click Here|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Click Here|
|Production Engineering||Click Here|
|Telecommunication Engineering||Click Here|
How To Prepare For AMCAT? | Frequently Asked Questions
The frequently asked questions regarding the AMCAT exam is listed below:
Q1. How long is AMCAT score valid?
A: Generally, the AMCAT score is valid for 3 years. If the candidate appears for the AMCAT exam multiple times, then the recruiter may consider the latest score or the first score you obtained. In some cases, the recruiter may also consider the average score.
Q2. How many attempts are there for AMCAT?
A: Candidates can give AMCAT exam as many as required. However, if you take the test today then you are not eligible to take the AMCAT test within 3 months or 90 days.
Q3. Is there any negative marking in AMCAT?
A: There is no negative marking in AMCAT exam.
Q4. How many modules can I choose in AMCAT exam?
A: Apart from the compulsory modules, the candidate must choose 2 modules.
Q5. What is the advantage of choosing 2 modules in AMCAT exam?
A: Attempting two modules in AMCAT exam will help you to get more interview calls from the recruiter. For example, if you are ECE graduate and attempted computer engineering module as well you have multiple options.
Q6. How many times we can write an AMCAT exam?
A: The candidate can take the AMCAT exam as many times as they wish. But they cannot take the AMCAT exam for the next 3 months if they take the test today.
Q7. How can I check my AMCAT Result?
A: When the AMCAT test is taken, a 14 digit unique code is generated and this is the login credential to attempt the test. With the help of this 14 digits unique code that is login credential, the candidate can check their result.
Q8. Can AMCAT exam be rescheduled?
A: Yes, the candidate can make a request to reschedule their AMCAT Exam. But they should pay some certain amount of fee to reschedule their AMCAT exam.
Q9. How is the AMCAT exam conducted?
A: The AMCAT exam is conducted in online mode.
Q10. How AMCAT is useful?
A: The AMCAT exam is helpful for both candidates and recruiters. AMCAT exam evaluates students aptitude skills to help recruiters to find the suitable candidates for their organization.
Now you’re provided with all the necessary information regarding the AMCAT Preparation guide and now you have an idea of “how to prepare for AMCAT exam”. So job hunters, what you are waiting for? The AMCAT exam is approaching so make use of the above preparation tips to ace the exam.
We hope the detailed article on “how to prepare for AMCAT?” is helpful. If you have any doubt regarding this article or AMCAT Preparation guide, drop your comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
AplusTopper wishes you all the best for your AMCAT exam!!!!