HP CET 2019: Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test 2019 is an entrance exam for students who want to take admission in the bachelor’s program. Earlier the HP CET Mtech exam was declared to be canceled due to the administrative reasons. While HP CET 2019 for BTech programs was held on May 12, 2019. After the exams, the answer was also released on May 15. This state-level exam was conducted in the offline mode. The admission into the institutes will be based on the scores of HP CET 2019 and JEE main 2019 scores.
HP CET 2019 Overview
Below is the overview of the exam along with the details
|Name of the exam
|HPCET Himachal Pradesh common entrance test
|Himachal Pradesh technical university
|Level of exam
|Offline mode (Pen and paper-based)
|Online and offline
HP CET 2019 Notification
It is important to be aware of some of the dates for all the events related to HP CET 2019. Below we have provided all the important dates related to the exam.
|March 8, 2019
|Deadline for the form
|May 2, 2019
|May 12, 2019
|Result declaration date
|May 20, 2019 (Tentative)
HP CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
It is mandatory for everyone to abide by the rules which are already decided by the HP board. In order to take the exam, below are the few important eligibility criteria
Candidates that are applying for courses in BTech program through HP CET 2019, should have appeared in 10+2 or equivalent to that from a recognized board. These students should have taken physics, chemistry, and mathematics as compulsory subjects. Along with these compulsory subjects, candidates need to have taken one of the vocational subjects like biology, biotechnology, technical vocational subjects, etc. Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in the compulsory subjects. For candidates who belong to the reserved category, the minimum marks are 40%.
It is important to note that the candidates who are getting through JEE main 2019 are not required to attempt the HP CET 2019 exam. They will be given direct admissions into the BTech programs. The candidates who are appearing for their 12th exam or any undergraduate exam in April 2019 can also apply for HP CET 2019. The final decision for their selection lies in satisfying the above-mentioned eligibility criteria.
How to Apply for HP CET 2019?
Before applying for HP CET 2019, candidates should know these step by step process.
- Go on to the official website of HP CET, himtu.ac.in and click on the ‘admission form’ tab.
- There, you need to click on the link which says ‘Application form for HP CET 2019’.
- Once the link opens apply on the HP CET 2019 and ticks the box given below.
- After this, click on the ‘process’ button and here you will be asked to fill up the details like date of birth, name, e-mail ID, and mobile number.
- Now, you have created the account.
- Remember your application number and proceed further by clicking on the ‘click here’ tab.
- Now, you are asked to login into the account using a password, username, and your application number.
- Fill in your personal details and verify the mail sent at your given email ID.
- Now, you are asked to upload your scanned signature and photograph and after that, you have proceeded to fee payment.
- Download the receipt after the payment of the fee and take out multiple copies for any future purposes.
HP CET Application Fees
The application fees for HP CET 2019 can be paid online as well as offline. For online mode, one can pay through debit card, NetBanking, or credit card. But, if you want to pay application fees through offline mode, then you have to select the option of ‘offline link to generate PNB challan’. There will be three copies of bank copy, candidate copy, and University copy that will be generated. Take out the print of the challan and use it to deposit fee in th3 nearest PNB branch. After paying the fee, log in again into your account after 24 hours and enter your transaction number provided by the bank. For general category the fees are Rs. 1550. While for SC, ST, and BPL category candidates the fees are Rs. 1400.
HPCET Exam Centres
HPCET exam 2019 is going to be conducted in the following 17 examination centers
HP CET Exam Pattern
HP CET 2019 will be an offline mode exam and thus it will be based on pen and paper. The questions asked in the exam will only be in the form of MCQ. For every answer which is not correct, 0.5 marks will be deducted. As per the paper pattern, there will be sections in the exam, physics, maths, and chemistry. Each section will have 50 questions and each question will be of 2 marks each.
What Happens In Case Of Inter-se-merit?
There can be a scenario where two students get a similar score. Below are the steps that will be taken in such scenarios.
- If the two candidates have the exact number of aggregate marks than the applicant that has higher marks in physics will be given preference.
- If both candidates still have similar in physics, than the one which has higher in chemistry will be taken into consideration.
- In case of candidates having even similar marks in chemistry and physics, then the score in the 3rd will also be similar. Thus, in such cases, the 12th score will break a tie.
- If this scores of both the candidates are also similar than the date of birth for the candidate will be taken into account. The candidate that is elder would get the benefit here and will be given preference.
HP CET 2019 Admit Card
HP CET 2019 admit card will be available for every candidate on the official website. Candidates can download this admit card by using their application form number. The admit card will contain details like e-admit card number, date of exam, address of the examination center, and a photograph of the candidate.
HP CET Answer Key
The answer will be released by the University at 5 pm on the day of the exam. This will be released in order to provide the transparency towards the paper checking process.
HP CET 2019 Result
The official result of HP CET 2019 is going to be released on or before May 20. The result will be available online as well as offline mode. For offline mode, the result will be available on the notice board of the university. The result available for each candidate will be provisional and thus candidates are advised to take out a print of their scorecard for the counseling.