Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET) is conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Technical University to grant admissions to the candidates in various courses. This state-level exam will tentatively be held in May 2019, in offline mode.
Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET) 2019 | Application Form, Eligibility, Results, and Counselling
The candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2019 will be eligible for direct admissions to the colleges affiliated to the Himachal Pradesh Technical University. The allotment of seats will hence be based on HPCET 2019 as well as JEE Main 2019. The courses offered are B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Pharmacy, B.Pharmacy (Ayurveda), MCA and MBA programmes.
HPCET 2019 Answer Key and Results
- The answer key for the courses of HPCET-2019 shall be made available on the University website by 5:00 PM on the respective dates of HPCET-2019.
- In case of objections, the candidates can write to the office of the Controller of Examinations within two days of the conduct of the respective examination or through e-mail [email protected]
Controller of Examinations,
H.P. Technical University, Gandhi Chowk,
- The result will be declared in the form of a merit list, and the tie-breaking procedure will be different for different courses.
- The details of the tie resolve can be found on Information Brochure of HPCET
HPCET 2019 Important Dates
|Commencement of online application||March 8, 2019|
|Last date for application|
|Availability of admit cards for HPCET 2019||May 5, 2019|
|HPCET 2019 Exam date||May 12, 2019|
|The release of answer key||May 13, 2019|
|Results||May 4th Week|
|Counseling||June 1, 2019|
HPCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The common eligibility criteria for application in all the courses are listed below
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/university with at least 45% aggregate marks for general category candidates (40% marks for reserved category candidates). Physics and Mathematics must be the compulsory subjects in class 12th along with one of the Vocational subjects as Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical
- Click Here to Apply Online Now for HPCET 2019, the last date to apply is April 28th, 2019
HPCET 2019 Exam Pattern and Paper breakdown
The mode of HPCET 2019 will be offline. The table below summarises the key points about the nature of the examination.
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking scheme||2 marks for each correct response
0.25 negative for the wrong attempt
|Medium of instruction||English only|
- The breakdown for each section can be found in the official information brochure Download HPCET Brochure From Here
- The HPCET syllabus can be found in detail on HPCET Brochure
HPCET 2019 Application Procedure
The mode of application for HPCET 2019 is online only. Follow the steps given below for filling the application form:
- Go to the official website www.himtu.ac.in
- Fill in the personal details and the educational qualifications as required
- Once submitted, no amendments can be made to the application form, hence the candidates are advised to fill the form carefully.
- Then the candidates will be redirected to the payment gateway
HPCET 2019 Application fees
The application fee is different for every course. The fees matrix is given below
|Course||Fees (SC/ST/BPL)||Fees (General)|
|B.Pharmacy & B.Pharmacy (Ayurveda) both||2800/-||3100/-|
|B.Tech & B.Pharmacy both||2800/-||3100/-|
|B. Sc. (HM & CT)||1400/-||1550/-|
|BHMCT & B.Sc.(HM & CT) both||2800/-||3100/-|
|MBA & MBA (T& HM)||2800/-||3100/-|
|M.Sc. Environment Science||1400/-||1550/-|
HPCET 2019 Admit Card
- The e-admit card duly signed by Controller of Examinations (COE) will be made available to candidates on the University website, i.e., www.himtu.ac.in.
- The e-admit card will contain the e-admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the examination center and examination date.
- Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the written test without a valid e-admit card.
HPCET 2019 Examination Cities
HPCET 2019 is scheduled to be held in the following cities
- Paonta Sahib
- Kala Amb
HPCET 2019 Some Crucial Reminders
- Please fill the form carefully. No amendments will be allowed once the form has been submitted
- Incomplete online application forms, without fee & its final submission and timely generation of PDF of the application form, will be rejected straightway. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Do not forget to print the admit card on an A4 sheet of paper.
We hope we were able to help you with all the crucial details about HPCET 2019. We look forward to answering any other query in the comments below. Good luck with HPCET 2019!