IBM Placement Papers | Recruitment, Career growth, and Salary
IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) is an American multinational information technology company founded in 1911. It is headquartered in New York and operates in over 170 countries.
IBM conducts recruitment to hire fresher every year. Sometimes it does campus selection in colleges and sometimes in the organization itself. IBM placement papers consist of quantitative aptitude and technical questions.
In this article, we are going to provide you the details related to IBM selection procedure, career growth and salary for fresher’s and skills required to clear the test.
How is Career Growth in IBM?
- Growth in IBM depends upon your performance. Firstly, fresher’s are hired for the position of Associate System Engineer. Then after a year, they are appointed as System Software Engineer, depending upon the cycle of appraisal they receive.
- You can also get the opportunity to work Onsite.
- So work hard once you get appointed for IBM. Your hard work will bring you success and golden opportunities in your career at IBM.
What is the Salary for Freshers in IBM?
- Salary is good in IBM if you are joining as fresher here. For Associate System Engineer position, IBM offers a salary package of 3.5 LPA to 3.8 LPA. But it varies for other departments.
- Also, IBM salaries depend upon the colleges/institutes from where fresher’s have been hired. For IIT-ians IBM offers 6-7LPA, for NIT-4.2LPA, for CoEP/PICT/VJTI – 5.5 LPA and for local colleges they offer up to 3.25 LPA.
- Depending upon your appraisals and promotion level, the salary will be increased then.
How to Crack the IBM Aptitude Test?
To clear IBM aptitude test, you have to be very strong at your technical portion. Because there will half of the questions which will be based on programming language.
Around 40 questions consist of Verbal Ability, Quantitative and Logical ability/Reasoning and another 40 questions consist of the technical part to test your programming skills. This data is based upon the previous IBM placement papers.
- Verbal ability has a question of comprehension, grammar, synonym, antonyms etc.
- Quantitative and Logical ability section has questions on Time and Work, Series, Missing number, Algebra, Profits and loss, Directions etc.
- Technical questions are related to the programming skills and ability. The programming languages which you have learned in academics.
- There is no negative marking for IBM Placement papers
Once you have cleared the aptitude test for IBM, a technical round of interview will be conducted. And then final HR round will be taken.
Aspiring candidates hope this article has helped you to get the required information. Prepare well for the drive and then go for it.