IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Salary Structure, Job profile, Career Growth
IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Salary, Job description, Scope & Growth
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts online examination (Preliminary and Main) for Common Recruitment Process (CRP) for selection of personnel in Specialist Officers’ cadre posts. Agriculture Field Officer (Scale I) exam conducted by IBPS is the best opportunity for graduates and postgraduates from an agricultural background.
Here we will discuss the salary, job description, growth, perks, allowances, and facilities of an Agriculture Field Officer to provide a clear picture about a job for the candidates who are aspiring to become Agriculture Field Officers.
Agriculture Field Officers’ Exam Pattern, Role, and Responsibilities
Before going for further details candidate should know the pattern of the Agriculture field officer examination. Candidate is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP SPL-VIII).
- IBPS has issued a total of 1590+ vacancies for the year 2019.
- Out of 1590 + vacancies maximum seats have to be filled for Agricultural Field Officer i.e. 853.
- Agricultural Field officer salary is decent, the incentives are good and are the respectable job.
- With all this, there is a scope for a significant amount of growth also in one’s career.
IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Exam Pattern
|Sr. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
The above tests except for the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi. Only qualifying. Marks obtained will not be added for merit listing for an interview.
|Sr. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Time duration|
|1.||Professional Knowledge||60||60||45 Mins|
IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Eligibility Criteria
Age: Minimum- 20 Years and Maximum-30 Years
Educational Qualifications: 4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry/Forestry/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Food Science/ Agriculture Business Management/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Engineering.
- Agriculture Field Officer mainly responsible for sanctioning loans and working on recovery strategies.
- The main purpose of the bank in recruiting Agriculture field officers is to increase agri and allied activities and to promote a bank in rural areas and also make farmers aware of the latest government schemes and benefit plans.
- Agriculture field officer not only helps farmers to purchase land to expand their activities but also ensures to make existing small and marginal units economically viable, diversify their present activities and to bring fallow lands and waste lands under cultivation.
- Banks provide agricultural term loans for investment purposes and Short-term Loans for production purposes to farmers.
IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Salary structure, Allowance, and Benefits
- Basic pay is the amount of salary paid to the bank employees excluding any extra payments which include allowances and bonuses. A specialist officer in the bank gets ₹23700 as their basic pay with effect from June 01, 2015.
- Dearness Allowance (DA) is a cost of living adjustment allowance paid to government employees and pensioners and is counted as a fixed percentage of the person’s basic salary. For Agriculture field officers, it is ₹8605.88.
- House Rent Allowance or HRA is a component of the salary provided by the employer to his/her employee. HRA varies depending on the places the employer has been posted and varies at 9%, 8%, and 7%.
- City compensatory allowance (CCA) is a type of allowance offered to compensate for the high cost of living in metropolises and large cities. It is not calculated on basic pay and is fixed. CCA for Agriculture field officer is generally 4%, 3% or 0%, depending on the place of position.
- Special Allowances – are the performance-based bonus or incentives given to employees depending upon their quality performance and are given to only Scale-1 officers (7.75%).
- Perquisites – is defined as a benefit of which one is entitled to or enjoys on account of his/her job or position. Under this newspaper allowances, laundry allowances, travel allowances, conveyance, medical coverage, house and furniture allowance are covered.
In-hand salary of Agriculture Field officer: The Basic salary of Agriculture field officer is ₹23700 and they will get around 33000-35000 in hand after all the additions and deductions. Gross salary would be around 38–39K excluding allowances.
Promotion Hierarchy in Bank Specialist Job: Every year thousands of vacancies are getting filled for various category Officers in Public Sector Banking. Here is the hierarchy list provided for the path of Scale I to Scale 7. Based on one’s performance they will get a chance to be promoted on a senior level post and get other plenty of opportunities within a year.
The flow chart shown below represents the hierarchy of promotions in Specialist Officer posts:
Junior Management – Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
Junior Management – Scale 2 – Manager
Middle Management – Scale 3 – Senior Manager
Senior Management – Scale 4 – Chief Manager
Senior Management – Scale 5 – Asst. General Manager
Top Management – Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
Top Management – Scale 7 – General Manager
After clearing three rounds- Preliminary exam, Main exam and interview of selection process under IBPS Specialist officer one will finally get his dream job of becoming a specialist officer in the banking sector.
Candidates will go through the training process to get the experience of Officers task. And according to one’s workability and dedication, they will get promoted and finally reach the senior most position.