Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) 2019 is conducted by Indian Maritime University. The exam is conducted in order to give admissions into various disciplines of UG, PG, research courses in the field of marine engineering, offered by it’s five different campuses. The exam is a national entrance exam conducted on June 2, 2019. The different 5 campuses are Cochin, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, and Visakhapatnam which offer a various course like BBA, MBA, B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc.
IMU CET 2019 | Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
The tentative important exam dates, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, and syllabus are given below. The candidates desiring to give the current exam can stay on the current page for further detailed inquiry.
IMU CET 2019 Examination Dates
The tentative important dates regarding the IMU CET exams 2019 are given in the table below
|Availability of online registration form||April 01, 2019|
|Last date for registration||May 05, 2019|
|Last date for Online submission of Detailed
|May 08, 2019|
|The release of admit card||May 15, 2019|
|Date of Examination||June 01, 2019|
|Result declaration date||June 06, 2019|
|Counseling Date||10th June 2019|
IMU CET 2019 Application Form
Candidates desiring to give the following exam should follow the below-given steps in order to fill the application form:
- The application will be released online at www.imu.edu.in.
- The candidates will fill the application form according to the dates given above.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned copies of their photograph, signature, 12th mark sheet, 10th mark sheet, category certificate, and other relevant documents.
- After the submission of the application form candidates should download the print copy of the submitted application.
IMU CET 2019 Application Fee
- The candidates can submit the fee through both online or offline ways.
- If they have to submit the fee online, they can use their debit card and credit card. If they have to fill their form offline they can use the bank challan.
There is a different fee amount for the different categories provided in the table below
|General/ OBC Category||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 700/-|
IMU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates desiring to give the exam should satisfy the below-given eligibility points
- The maximum age limit is 25 years as on 17th July 2019.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 17th July 2019.
- There is a relaxation of 5 years of age for SC/ST Categories.
- Candidates applying for B.Tech or B.Sc should have pass 12th with aggregate marks of 60%(PCM) and 50% marks with English as one of the subjects.
- Candidates applying for DNS programmes(Nautical Science) should have passed class 12th with marks not less than 60% or should have passed BE/B.Tech with minimum aggregate marks of 50%.
- Candidates applying for Marine Technology and Management should have passed their UG with at least 60% of marks
- Candidates with prescribe GATE/GRE score are exempted from IMU CET 2019.
- Candidates applying for M.Tech(Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering/ Dredging and Harbour Engineering) should have passed their UG with 60% of aggregate marks.
- Candidates applying for MBA(Port and Shipping Management) should have passed their bachelors degree or 10th/ 12th with minimum marks of 50% taking English as one of the subjects.
Download IMU CET Information Brochure From Here
Indian Maritime University(IMU) Fee Structure
Indian Maritime University is a Central University and approved by University Grants Commission in the year of 2008.14th November is celebrated as ‘IMU Day’ every year. The Indian Maritime University is headquartered at Chennai, in the state of Tamil Nadu. The branches of Indian Maritime Universities are at IMU Vishakhapatnam, IMU Chennai, IMU Cochin. You can check here for Indian Maritime University (IMU) Fee Structure
IMU CET 2019 Examination Pattern
The official examination pattern for IMU CET 2019 is provided in the table below
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|No.of questions||UG = 200
MBA/ M.Sc/ M.Tech = 120
|Type of questions||MCQ’s|
|Duration||3 hours(2 pm to 5 pm)|
|Sections in paper||6(PCM, GK, English, Aptitude)|
No. of questions in each subject are given in the table below
|Subjects||No. of questions|
IMU CET 2019 Marking Scheme
For every correct answer, IMU faculty provides 1 mark and there is no mark deduction for incorrect answers.
IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for IMU CET 2019 is given below
Important Topics in Physics
Following are the important chapters that candidates can prepare for the Physics Section
|Laws of Motion & Work||Energy and Power|
|Properties of Matter||Electrostatics|
|Current Electricity||Magnetic Effects of Electric Current|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current Optics||Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics|
|Nuclear Physics||Semiconductor Devices and their Applications|
Important Topics for Chemistry
Some of the most important topics in Chemistry paper of IMU CET 2019 include
|Atomic Structure, p,d, and f – Block Elements||Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics|
|Electrochemistry||Isomerism in Organic Compounds|
|Alcohols and Ethers||Carbonyl Compounds,|
|Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives||–|
Important Topic for Mathematics
- The Mathematics paper in IMU CET 2019 will comprise of 50 questions.
- There will be no negative marking.
Some of the most important topics in Mathematics paper of IMU CET 2019 include
|Matrices and their Applications||Trigonometry and Complex Numbers|
|Analytical Geometry of two dimensions||Vector Algebra|
|Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions||Differential Calculus|
|Integral Calculus and its Applications||Differential Equations|
|Probability Distributions||Discrete Mathematics|
IMU CET 2019 Examination Centres
The examination centers available for IMU CET 2019 are given below
IMU CET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be downloaded on the given dates above. To download the admit card candidates have to follow the steps given below
- The candidates will log in using their application number as user ID and Date of birth as the password.
- After logging in, the candidates will download their admit card.
- The Admit card will contain the examination center.
- Candidates are requested to fill their preferable examination center at the time of registration.
- The admit card is necessary for the entry and identification of the candidate in the examination hall.
We hope the present article is helpful to you in order to fill the application form and appear for the following exam. For any further information, you can visit the current website and also the official website of IMU CET 2019 given above. You can ask your queries in the comment section below. It will be a pleasure writing back to you as soon as possible.
Leave a Reply