International Informatics Olympiad (iiO) – Exam Eligibility, Application Fees & Procedure
International informatics Olympiad is an examination which is conducted at the National as well as International level in order to test the competency and technical skill of students in the field of Computer Science.
The examination is conducted at different dates since it is difficult to manage the exam at national and international level on the same day.
This exam enables students not only to know their knowledge of computer science but also enables them to understand where they stand at the international level. Thus, this competition participation is recommended for every student in the school.
The International informatics Olympiad is open to students belonging to all classes right from class 1 to class 12.
iiO Important Dates for Examination
|Last date for registration||31 August 2018|
|1st session of the exam||October 30, 2018|
|2nd session of the exam||December 6, 2018|
|Result Level||22 January 2019|
iiO Exam Eligibility
- For level 1 exam, all students from class 1-12 are eligible to appear for the exam irrespective of rank or any other factor
- Top 500 students from level 1 exam will be eligible to appear in the 2nd level exam. Further, those candidates who have scored 60% or above in level 1 are also eligible for writing level 2 exam.
- Olympiad 1st rank holders from class 1-12 each class wise shall be eligible to write the level 3 exam to be conducted at Delhi in 2019.
iiO Exam Application Procedure
- Interested applicants shall give their names to their respective schools.
- The schools need to be registered with the authority conducting the international and national level examination.
- The authorized party in school will have to download the application form from the official website of the exam.
- These downloads are however subject to only the authorized personnel of the school.
iiO Exam Application Fees
- The total fees which are payable in India towards the international informatics Olympiad are Rs 120/- per student out of which Rs 20/- is retained by the school towards expenses that shall be incurred for conducting the examination for students in the school such as fees payable to invigilators, snacks, stationery items etc.
- The total fees which are payable outside India towards the international informatics Olympiad are $8 per student out of which $2 is retained by the school towards expenses that shall be incurred for conducting the examination for students in the school such as fees payable to invigilators, snacks, stationery items etc.
iiO Exam Venue
The exam venue for level 1 and 2 will be at the respective schools of the students only. However, for the 3rd level, the exam center will be at Delhi.
iiO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- The syllabus of IIO shall depend upon the class wise syllabus of students and their ability to take the extent of difficulty level.
- For class 1-2 – Number of questions is 40 to be completed in 60 minutes
- For class 3-12 – Number of questions is 50 to be completed in 60 minutes
- There are three levels of International informatics Olympiad which are as follows
- Level 1 exam registration ends on 31st August 2018 which shall be conducted either on October 30, 2018, or December 6, 2018, the application form for which will be available on the official website. The Result of the 1st Level exam will be available at www.silverzone.org in the month of January 2019.
- Level 2 exam will be conducted between Jan – Feb 2019. The awards will be given after 3 – 4 weeks from the date of declaration of results. All the Participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC)
- Level 3 exam will be conducted in the month of July – August 2019 at New Delhi.
- For all the cla1sses the medium of language to conduct the exam in English only.
- The questions will be objective type questions to be filled in an OMR with no negative marking.
iiO Examination Answer Key
The answer key for those IIO exams which has been conducted i.e. level 1 and level 2 on the official website which can be checked by the candidates by entering their assigned roll number and other details like school code etc.
iiO Sample Papers
The organization having authority to conduct IIO exam is also releasing sample question papers which can be accessed by interested candidates to understand the exam pattern better and score well too.
iiO Prizes and Scholarships
- The top 2 students leading in the exam will be awarded a free educational tour to Disneyland.
- 12th class rank holder will be awarded a cash prize of Rs.75,000 and AIR for class 11th will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 50,000.
- AIR from class 7-10 each will be awarded a laptop.
- AIR from class 1-6 in each class shall be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 15,000.
In order to know where one stands at the international level and try understanding and matching the international standards, IIO is recommended to every student.