12th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2018-19 | Registration Forms, Fess and Exam Pattern
The application for 12th International Mathematics Olympiad was announced through the official website. The competition is all about boosting up the mathematical skills in children all across the schools in India and abroad. The event is open to the students of classes 1st to 12th and registrations from the schools are maintained in the specified pattern.
The exam for the 12th international Mathematics Olympiad IMO is conducted online. The registration is possible only through school. Direct registrations from students are not accepted. A minimum of 10 candidates must register for the competition. Complete details regarding the exam are provided below.
12th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2018 – 2019
The dates of the exam and application are based on the previous year’s data.
12th IMO (1st Level) Exam
|04,13 and 18 Dec|
|12th IMO (2nd Level) Exam||
09 Feb and 10 Feb
|12th IMO (2nd Level) Result||
International Mathematics Olympiad Registration Form
Registration form for the students and the information brochure are posted to the schools all over India and abroad through schools. Candidates must fill in the details carefully and submit the form to the respective schools.
International Mathematics Olympiad Roll numbers
The coordinating teachers will generate the roll numbers and a copy of those including students registration and school registration sheet must be sent mandatorily to the Foundation’s office before the due date.
International Mathematics Olympiad Fees
- A reasonable fee is charged from each student who is participating in the competition.
- Part of it is kept by the school for its charges as exam center.
- Fee/mode of payment etc. are given in the School Registration Forms sent to schools.
12th International Mathematics Olympiad Exam Pattern
Type of exam
|Number of sections||
Name of Sections
|Boards reference for preparing test papers||
CBSE, ICSE/ISC, and State Board
- Toppers of the class who appear for the 1st level exam are eligible for level 2. Different sections will be given based on the weightage of marks scored. Each section has separate weightage.
- Zone wise top 25 candidates will be selected class wise.
- Class topper where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 50% qualifying marks.
|Class||Section||No. of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|3 & 4||Mathematics||30||1||30|
|5 to 12||Mathematics||45||1||45|
- Students of classes 1 to 12th are eligible for the 1st level of IMO.
- For National Cyber Olympiad, students from class 2 onwards are eligible to appear for the 1st level.
- No other eligibility like minimum marks is mentioned.
12th International Mathematics Olympiad Preparation
There are few reference materials for IMO preparation
- OSDS (Olympiad Skill Development System)
- Previous Years’ Papers
- MTG Class wise Workbooks (For Class 1 to 12)
- SOF Olympiad Trainer’ Mobile Apps
- Olympiads’ Books of Reasoning (for preparation for the reasoning section of Olympiads)
- The 100 Percent Real Test Papers
Class XI and XII students can go through different publications such as Chemistry Today, Biology Today, Mathematics Today and Physics For You and MTG books which has useful matter along with solved and model test papers of different National and International Olympiads.
Selected students will be assigned computer centers at allocated time to write the exam. Students must be there at the exam center 30 minutes before the start of the exam. Rough sheets for calculation will be provided in the exam hall and there is no need to bring extra sheets. These must be returned to the invigilator before leaving the hall.