International Mathematics Olympiad 2020-2021: The application for the 14th International Mathematics Olympiad was announced through the official website. The competition is all about boosting up the mathematical skills in children all across the schools in India and abroad. The event is open to the students of classes 1st to 12th and registrations from the schools are maintained in the specified pattern.
The exam for the 14th international Mathematics Olympiad IMO is conducted online. The registration is possible only through school. Direct registrations from students are not accepted. A minimum of 10 candidates must register for the competition. Complete details regarding the exam are provided below.
The International Olympiad Answer Key has been released at the official website of sofworld.org. Scroll download to download the IMO 2020 Answer Key for Class 1 to Class 10.
14th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
The dates of the exam and application are based on the previous year’s data.
|14th IMO (1st Level) Exam||01st December 2020|
|14th IMO (2nd Level) Exam||8th December 2020|
|14th IMO (2nd Level) Result||17th December 2020|
International Mathematics Olympiad Registration Form
Registration forms for the students and the information brochure are posted to the schools all over India and abroad through schools. Candidates must fill in the details carefully and submit the form to the respective schools.
International Mathematics Olympiad Roll numbers
The coordinating teachers will generate the roll numbers and a copy of those including student registration and school registration sheet must be sent mandatorily to the Foundation’s office before the due date.
International Mathematics Olympiad Fees
- A reasonable fee is charged from each student who is participating in the competition.
- Part of it is kept by the school for its charges as an exam center.
- Fee/mode of payment etc. are given in the School Registration Forms sent to schools.
14th International Mathematics Olympiad Exam Pattern
For Level 1
|Type of exam||Objective type|
|Number of sections||4|
|Name of Sections||Logical reasoning
|Boards reference for preparing test papers||CBSE, ICSE/ISC, and State Board|
For Level 2
- Toppers of the class who appear for the 1st level exam are eligible for level 2. Different sections will be given based on the weightage of marks scored. Each section has a separate weightage.
- Zone wise top 25 candidates will be selected class wise.
- Class topper where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 50% qualifying marks.
|Class||Section||No. of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|3 & 4||Mathematics||30||1||30|
|5 to 12||Mathematics||45||1||45|
- Students of classes 1 to 12th are eligible for the 1st level of IMO.
- For National Cyber Olympiad, students from class 2 onwards are eligible to appear for the 1st level.
- No other eligibility like minimum marks is mentioned.
How To Download IMO Result 2020?
- Step – 1: Visit the official website of the Science Olympiad Foundation at http://results.sofworld.org/results
- Step – 2: In the home page select olympiad type and Select SOF
- Step – 3: Now enter your Roll Number and enter Captcha.
- Step – 4: Click on View Results. SOF IMO Result will be displayed.
- Step – 5: Download IMO Result for further reference.
Details Mentioned On SOF IMO Class 1 to Class 12 Result
The following details will be mentioned on SOF IMO Result 2020:
- Candidates Name
- Candidates Parents Name
- Registration Number
- Total Marks Obtained by Candidate
- International Rank
- State Rank/Zone Rank
- School Rank
- Qualifying Status for Further Round
- School Name
- School Address
12th International Mathematics Olympiad Preparation
There are few reference materials for IMO preparation
- OSDS (Olympiad Skill Development System)
- Previous Years’ Papers
- MTG Class wise Workbooks (For Class 1 to 12)
- SOF Olympiad Trainer’ Mobile Apps
- Olympiads’ Books of Reasoning (for preparation for the reasoning section of Olympiads)
- The 100 Percent Real Test Papers
Class XI and XII students can go through different publications such as Chemistry Today, Biology Today, Mathematics Today and Physics For You and MTG books which has useful matters along with solved and model test papers of different National and International Olympiads.
Selected students will be assigned computer centers at the allocated time to write the exam. Students must be there at the exam center 30 minutes before the start of the exam. Rough sheets for calculation will be provided in the exam hall and there is no need to bring extra sheets. These must be returned to the invigilator before leaving the hall.