Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE) 2019 | JCECE Exam, Application Form, Eligibility and Admit Card Details
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (constituted under Section 85 of Bihar Re-Constituted Act, 2000) organizes JCECE every year. The Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (J.C.E.C.E.) is conducted for candidates with Jharkhand domicile for admission in first-year degree level Engineering, M.B.B.S., Agriculture, Forestry, B.V.Sc. & A.H., Homeopathic, Ayurvedic degree Courses.
JCECE 2019: Important dates
|Activation of online registration link||The second week of April 2019|
|Last date for application||The first week of May 2019|
|Availability of admit cards for download||The third week of May 2019|
|Exam date||Last week of May 2019|
|Declaration of Results||Last week of June 2019|
JCECE 2019: Subject groups and Courses offered
|Subject Group||Courses Offered|
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry, B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Tech Dairy Technology|
|Physics, Chemistry, Biology||B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry, B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.H.M.S, B.F.Sc. (Fisheries Science)|
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology||B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry, B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.H.M.S, B.F.Sc. (Fisheries Science), B.Tech Dairy Technology|
JCECE 2019: Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants must be domicile of Jharkhand and must have a valid Local Residential Certificate issued by proper authority assigned by Govt. of Jharkhand.
- Candidates must go through medical tests to confirm proper physical fitness
- The age limit and educational eligibility criteria for counseling in various courses are as follows:
|Courses||Educational Qualifications||Age limit|
|B. Tech.||I.Sc. / 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subject along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject; at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.||No age limit|
|M.B.B.S.||Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English individually (minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology at the qualifying examination; 40% for reserved candidates).||Minimum Age 17 years|
|Agriculture & Forestry||I.Sc. / 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subject along with one of the Mathematics/Biology.||17-22 years; 3 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates|
|Animal Husbandry [B.V.Sc. & A.H.]||I.Sc. / 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as a compulsory subject.||Minimum Age 17 years|
- I.Sc. / 10+2 or equivalent examination appearing candidate may also apply but he/she will have to pass before the date of Counselling.
JCECE 2019: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The exam will be held in English and Hindi. The candidates will be tested in Physics, Chemistry (mandatory), Mathematics and Biology, with 50 questions in each category. The examination will be in offline/pen and paper mode. One mark will be awarded for each correct question and a penalty of 0.25 will be implemented for each incorrect response.
- Physics – Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves,Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms & Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Thermodynamics
- Chemistry – Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Solid State Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter : Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some P-Block Elements, Environmental Chemistry, P-Block Elements, D and F Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Organic compounds containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Mathematics – Sets, Relations & Functions,Trigonometric Functions, Principle of Mathematical Induction, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequalities, Permutations & Theorem, Binomial Theorem, Sequence and Series, Straight Lines, Introduction to Three-dimensional Geometry, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics, Relations and Functions, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Matrices, Determinants, Continuity and Differentiability, Applications of Derivatives, Integrals, Differential Equations, Vectors, Three – dimensional Geometry, Probability
- Biology – Diversity in Living World, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Cell: Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology & Environment
The detailed syllabus for each section can be found on the official website
JCECE 2019 Procedure to Apply
The mode of application and fees payment for JCECE is online only. The following steps can be followed for registration:
- Go to the official website jceceb.nic.in.
- Find the form by clicking on “JCECE Application Form”
- Fill in the required details, including the 13 digit Adhar Number
- A login ID and password will be created for the candidate after filing the personal details
- Verify the login details using email or phone number
- Upload the educational qualification certificates
- You will also be required to upload a passport sized photo (max 100 kb), along with your digital signatures and left-hand thumb impression (50 kb)
- After uploading the required scanned documents, move to the payment section
- The fees can be paid using Credit/Debit Cards or through Net Banking
JCECE 2019: Application Fees
The mode of payment of application fee is online only. There is a 50% relaxation in the amount for female and SC/ST candidates. The application fee structure for various subject groups is as follows
|PCM||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 450/-|
|PCB||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 450/-|
|PCMB||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-|
The application amount is nonrefundable.
JCECE 2019: Admit Card
The admit card for the entrance exam will be made available for download tentatively by the third week of May. The card will carry all the details verifying the candidature. Applicants are advised to fill in the personal details very carefully, as the exact details will be printed on the admit card. It will be mandatory to carry the admit card to the examination, else the candidature will be rendered canceled. It must be noted that the admit cards won’t be posted, they can only be downloaded online.
The applicants are required to fill two centers for the examination. JCECE 2019 will be held in the following cities:
JCECE 2019: Result
- The answer key will be made available by June, following which, the results will be declared by the last week of June.
- The merit list will be displayed on the official website JCECE Result In case of a tie, the following criteria will be used for decision making:
- If the total score is the same, the candidate obtaining higher marks in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry will be given higher preference
- The candidates older in age are also given a higher preference
- Alphabetical order is considered to be the final tie-breaker if the tie still persists
JCECE 2019: Counselling
- After the declaration of results, the counseling for selection of institutes takes place, based on the merit list as well as the preference of the candidate.
- The first round of counseling takes place where the candidates are required to fill in the list of preference, and a counseling fee of Rs. 400 is applicable (For General and OBC candidates; SC/ST and female candidates have to pay Rs. 250).
- The second round of counseling takes place if seats remain vacant after the first round.
JCECE 2019: Important Documents to be Carried
A few last minute reminders for the examination are mentioned below:
- DO NOT FORGET to carry your admit cards. The failure to do so might result in the cancellation of candidature
- The scorecards and passing certificates of class 10 and 12 (original and photocopies) should be carried to the examination center.
- Local Resident Certificate issued by the Government of Jharkhand to prove that the candidate is a domicile of the state
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate
- One passport size photo (same as the one in the admit cards)
For more information, log on to jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in
We hope that the article has helped all the JCECE 2019 aspirants with the admission, eligibility, admit cards, and counseling procedure details. JCECE 2019 is the golden opportunity for all the aspirants in Jharkhand to choose their career path through a single entrance test. We request the candidates to go through the list of required documents in order to be sure on the day of the examination. We look forward to answering all your queries, if any, in the comment section.