Karnataka Diploma CET (DCET) 2019 | Important Dates, Apllication Fees, Process & Admit Card Details
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test also known as DCET is the exam for enrolling into 2nd year of engineering. It is also an exam for getting admitted into 1st year of a bachelor of architecture. The test is provided under the lateral entry scheme at day and evening engineering colleges situated in Karnataka.
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) has announced admission for the selected courses in technical institutes. The application form can be accessed through its official website. Candidates can fill up the online form and the exam is anticipated to be held in July 2019. Check out the overall syllabus of DCET 2019 depending on the particular emphasis that they select.
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) 2019 Important Dates and Details
This is the most significant and recommended entrance exam for the new session in 2019. A large number of students are applying online so that they can attend the exam. The board has also announced the dates including the syllabus and pattern. Make sure that you have overall details and submit the form. Follow the below instructions and read the article properly before applying.
|Examination||Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET)|
|Exam Level||State level|
|Examination Authority||KEA, Banglore|
|Admission||2nd year of engineering and agriculture and 1st year of B. Arch.|
|Official Notification Announcement Date||June 2019|
|Online Application form Filling Opening Date||1st week of June 2019|
|Online Application form Filling Closing Date||4th week of June 2019|
|DCET Exam Conducting Date||3rd week of July 2019|
|Admit Card Publishing Date||1st week of July 2019|
|Result Date||4th week of July 2018|
|Counseling Process||By the end of July|
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) 2019
Below are the details of the eligibility criteria of the entrance exam.
|Day Engineering Course||Evening Engineering Course|
|For B.E. (Engineering course)||
|For B. Arch. Course||
Note: A minimum of 2 years of experience is needed in any company/industry/firm in the field of technology and engineering. Candidates that those who want to take admissions in the architecture programs should be NATA qualified and it is not mandatory to appear for DCET 2019.
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) 2019 Application Process
- Go through the official website of Karnataka Education i.e. http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on the Diploma Common Entrance Test 2019 link after redirecting into the official page.
- Register yourself on the official webpage by filling valid credentials.
- You will be sent an email and SMS after registering.
- This email or SMS sent will comprise of login ID and password.
- Fill up ID and Password on the official website.
- The candidate can now fill the registration form.
- The candidate must keep ready the scanned copy of all the required certificates and other required documents.
- The candidates must also have scanned copy of the photograph, signature along with other documents and enter all the details in the form.
- Upload all the necessary documents in the form.
- Submit the form and fee.
- In case of non-payment of your application form fee of Diploma Common Entrance Test 2019, it will not be accepted.
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) 2019 Application Fees
|For general and OBC category||₹650/-|
|For those who are outside Karnataka||₹750/-|
|For NRIs and Foreign residents||₹5000/-|
|Mode of payment||Online, Net banking and through bank challan|
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) 2019 Exam Pattern
|Total Number of Questions||180|
|Types of Question||Marks Choice Question|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the right answer|
|Marks deducted for the wrong answer||No negative marking for the wrong answer|
Criteria for Marking
|Engineering paper-(Aeronautical/ Biotechnology /Ceramics / Civil / Chemical / Computer Science / Electronics & Communication/Electrical & Electronics/ Environmental/ Mechanical / Mining / Textile)||100|
Note: Separate Question Paper for all the engineering subjects according to the group to which they belong.
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) for 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates can get hall ticket through online mode in the month of June in 2019.
- Candidates also required to carry the admit card along with an ID proof like PAN card, Aadhar card, passport or 12th exam admission ticket or bus pass.
- Candidates who have successfully registered for the exam they can enter the registration no / password to download the DCET 2019 Hall Ticket. Without the admit card no candidate will be allowed to enter into the examination hall.
Details Present in the Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Photograph and Signature
- Roll Number/ Registration No
- Exam Name, Center
- Hall Ticket Number
- Exam Venue and Time
- Reporting Time
- Important Instructions
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) 2019 Results
- After the conduction of the entrance test according to the mentioned schedule, the results of Karnataka DCET 2019 will be available on the official website of Karnataka Education Authority (KEA) www.kea.kar.nic.in.
- Candidates can check their result by logging in with their DCET Application number.
- The result will also display the rank on the merit list that has been got by the student.
- Candidates will have to submit their original documents for the verification on documents.
- The documents to be checked will have to be submitted in 16 notified Helpline Centres across the state.
- The below-mentioned documents are to be submitted at the time of verification.
- Printout of DCET Application Form
- SSLC / 10th class / Equivalent examination mark sheet
- Diploma or Equivalent Examination Marks Scorecard
- Original copy of the Challan proving the payment of Application fee.
- DCET Hall Ticket
- Study Certificate signed by concerned BEO / DDPI
- 2 recent passport size color photographs
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) Merit List
- Merit list for DCET 2019 is dependent on the marks of the Karnataka DCET 2019 and the marks gained in the final year examination or fifth and sixth semesters examination which will lead to the diploma in the related branch of Engineering. Respective merit list of Day and Evening colleges will be developed for Engineering colleges.
Candidates who want admission to the Government seats must mandatorily submit the required documents in ORIGINAL with ONE set of attested photocopies of all the original documents and two passport size photographs including the Demand Draft for the mentioned fees, for checking at the specified and allotted centers by official board during the registration for the seat selection process.
How many are appearing DCET Karnataka 2019