KEAM 2019: Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Examination (KEAM) is held once in every year by the Commissioner of Entrance exam Kerala (CEE). The CEE is having authority to conduct the examination smoothly in the state of Kerala each year.
Like every year, KEAM is conducted for the year 2019 as well. The important dates regarding the examination, eligibility criteria, the application process, examination, results, and all other important points shall be followed as per the official notification released by the CEE on the official website.
Second Phase Option Confirmation/ Registration/ Re-arrangement/ Deletion – Date Extended: Check Here
Check KEAM 2nd Phase Allotment Notification: Click Here
The Kerala engineering architecture medical exam is meant for those students who have qualified class 12 and are aiming to pursue an engineering degree in the field of the fishery, agriculture, architecture, forestry, pharmacy, veterinary and other courses.
According to the official report that was issued last year, the total number of candidates who appeared for this exam in the year 2018 is 90,233 candidates. Out of this, 58,268 candidates qualified the exam as per the policies of the exam qualification.
|29th June 2019||The website opens for Online Option Confirmation and for enabling rearrangement of higher options/ deletion of unwanted options and registration of fresh options to the newly added Courses/ Colleges.|
|6th July 2019 (10:00 AM)||Time for Online Option Confirmation and re-arrangement/ deletion/ addition of options ends|
|8th July 2019||Publication of Allotment|
|8th To 12th July 2019 @ 3:00 PM||Candidates who receive allotment should remit the fee/ balance fee (if
applicable) payable to CEE in any of the Head Offices in Kerala or by way
of online payment and should report before the college authorities to join
the allotted college/ course.
The detailed schedule for admission containing the date and time for
joining the Engineering courses will be published on 8th July 2019
|8th To 12th July 2019 @ 4:00 PM||All the college authorities should approve and submit the list of admitted
candidates through Online Admission Management System (OAMS).
KEAM 2019 Overview
Some of the important dates regarding the examination for 2019 to be noted are as follows
|Availability of application form 2019||3rd February 2019|
|Last date of application for 2019||28th February 2019|
|Last date to upload important certificates and documents||28th March 2019|
|Last date of submitting the application with important documents 2019||31st March 2019|
|Date of issue of admit card||16th April 2019|
|Date of examination||02 May 2019 (Paper – I Physics and Chemistry)
03 May 2019 (Paper – II – Mathematics)
|Date of examination results 2019||25th May 2019|
|Merit list date 2019||20th June 2019|
The exam timings for KEAM 2019 will be as follows
|Subject||KEAM 2019 Exam Dates||Exam Timing|
|Paper I||2nd May 2019||10:00 AM- 12:30 PM|
|Paper II||3rd May 2019||10:00 AM- 12:30 PM|
KEAM 2019 Results
- Students exam result will be declared after a few days of issue of the answer key, cee.kerala.gov.in/keam2019/public
- In order to qualify, a student needs to have a ratio of 50:50 which is the marks scored in the entrance exam: marks secured in the final year in the respective subjects. Candidates can check the results by login into KEAM Login Page.
- After results are declared on the official website, candidates can also verify the merit list.
KEAM 2019 Admit Card
The authority conducting KEAM 2019 examination for students shall issue admit card to the appearing students at least 2 weeks before the date of commencement of exam subject to the fact that only those who have been successful in applying for the exam on time as per the regulations.
In case the candidate’s application is rejected by the competent authority then the candidate will be sent a memo. However, if the candidate has filed an incorrect application, that shall not be notified by the competent authority.
- The students can access the admit card by visiting the online official website of CEE which is www.cee.kerala.org.
- The students will not be able to download the admit card without entering the application number and password which was generated at the time of application.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of admitting card to have a hard copy and for future reference as well.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter into the examination hall without the admit card since it acts as the identity.
- Further candidates shall take note that a color print shall be taken as per the rules of examination.
KEAM 2019 MBBS Admission Notice
- Candidates who are aiming to pursue MBS must be aware that NEET is compulsory for any medical courses.
- Any admission into colleges for any medical course is based on the NEET score only.
- Further, quite a few changes have been done in the NEET exam procedure for 2019, which must be checked by candidates by viewing the official notification published on the website.
KEAM 2019 Eligibility
Origin and Native
- The candidate applying must be an Indian as a citizen either by birth of citizenship
- Keralite candidates will have a better chance and privilege to get the admission.
- Those candidates whose parents are working as All India Service Officer, not residents shall also be eligible
For non-Keralite students following are the conditions to be satisfied in order to get eligibility to appear in this examination
- The candidate is pursuing a course in Kerala and his/her parents are posted in Kerala to serve the Indian Government or Defence
- The candidate is studying a course which he/she is qualified to do so and his/her parents are serving the Kerala Government for a period not less than 2 years
- The candidate may not belong to or live in Kerala but he/ she has a resident in Kerala for at 5 years since the candidate is 12 years old
- The candidate must complete his/her entire education from class 8 to class 12 in Kerala
- The rest of the candidates who do not fall under any of the above categories will be able to get admission under Government seat or management quota.
- The candidate appearing for KEAM 2019 must be 17 years old and the authority has not given any sort of relaxation in terms of age to any category.
KEAM Education Qualification
- Candidates must have cleared Higher secondary school from a recognized Board
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in Biology separately
- Candidate must have a minimum of 50% on an aggregate basis in all the subjects
- Interested students must first have cleared class 12 from a recognized board
- The student must have a minimum of 50% marks in Biology alone
- The student must have an overall of 50% marks secured in all subjects put together
- The applicant must have passed Intermediate under a recognized board of education
- The applicant must have secured at least 50% marks in biology alone
- The overall percentage in intermediate shall not be less than 50%
- In class 10, the candidate must have cleared either with Urdu/Arabic/Persian language separately apart from other languages
B.Sc. (Hons.)/ Agri. ( Hons.)/ Forestry/ BFSc
- Interested applicants must have passed class 12 in Kerala from a recognized board in Kerala
- Candidates must have secured an overall percentage of 50% in class 12
BVSc. / AH
- Candidate must be a 12th pass to first of all be eligible for appearing in the exam in 2019
- The candidate must have secured 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Candidates must have passed their higher secondary education from a reputed board
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in mathematics separately
- Candidates must have a total score of 50% in class 12
- Candidates who have secured 45% will be eligible for a management quota
- Those interested candidates should have passed class 12 under a recognized board
- Candidates must possess 10+ 3 which is diploma in any course
- The student must have pursued International Baccalaureate diploma in which the minimum score after class 10 shall be at least 50%
- The student must have scored at least 50% marks in mathematics alone
- The overall score in class 12 of the student shall be not less than 50%
KEAM Application Form 2019
- The KEAM application forms will be available online on the official website for every year. Similarly, the official CEE website has released the application form for 2019 as well.
- CEE will not be sending any physical copies of application forms to the candidates. Everything will be available online on the official website only.
- It is recommended for the candidates to go through the guidelines regarding application form for 2019 KEAM.
- The candidates after reading the guidelines to fill the application form 2019, carefully it needs to be filled up.
- After filling p the application form, the candidate will be taken to the payment gateway to make the payment through debit card/credit card.
- One the payment is done, it is suggested to the candidate to take a print out of the application form filled and paid respectively for any future reference.
- Post payment an E-challan shall be generated which must be safely kept by the candidate for any future reference.
KEAM 2019 Application Fees
The application fee structure to be paid for the year 2019 is as follows
|Opted Course/Courses||General category||SC Category|
|Engineering/ B.Pharma Or Both||Rs. 700/-||Rs.300/-|
|Architecture/Medical and Allied or Both||Rs.500/-||Rs.200/-|
|Engineering/B.Pharma/Architecture/Medical and Allied||Rs.900/-||Rs.400/-|
KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern
- The entire exam is on the basis of Multiple-choice questions.
- Each question will have 5 choices and anyone needs to be chosen out of the five
- The selected answers must be marked by the candidates on an OMR sheet
- Each mark will award the candidate with 4 marks
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer
The total marks that are allotted on a subject wise basis for this examination which is as follows
|Paper||Subject||Number of Questions||Max Marks|
|Paper I||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
KEAM 2019 Exam Centres
The candidate will be writing the exam in any one of the above below mentioned exam centers
- New Delhi
KEAM 2019 Subject Wise Syllabus
|1||Introduction and measurement|
|2||Description of motion in one dimension|
|3||Description of motion in two and three dimensions|
|4||Laws of motion|
|5||Work, energy, and power|
|6||The motion of a system of particles and rigid body rotation|
|8||Mechanics of solids and fluids|
|9||Heat and thermodynamics|
|14||Magnetic effect of magnetism and current|
|15||Electromagnetic Induction and alternating current|
|18||Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|20||Solids and semiconductor devices|
|21||Principles of communications|
|1||Basic concepts of atomic structure|
|2||Bonding and molecular structure|
|3||States of matter|
|4||Periodic properties of elements and hydrogen|
|5||S-block elements and principles of metallurgy|
|7||D-block elements and f-Block elements|
|11||Redox reactions and electrochemistry|
|14||Coordination compounds and organometallics|
|15||Basic principles, purification, and characterization of organic compounds|
|17||Organic reaction mechanism|
|19||Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens|
|20||Organic compounds with functional groups containing nitrogen|
|21||Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen|
|22||Polymers and biomolecules|
|23||Environmental chemistry and chemistry in everyday life|
KEAM 2019 – Preparation Guide
Following are some of the instructions in the form of guidance for those candidates who are aiming to clear the KEAM 2019 exam with good marks.
- Understand the subject wise syllabus for the examination
- Prepare a time table on a subject wise basis
- Allot equal time to all the subjects to get justified score in all
- Make sure that there is a conceptual clarity
- Practice as much as possible to reduce the time taken to complete a question
- Set up time and analyze total time taken to solve a question and work if it taking longer
- Try to solve the previous year question papers in order to understand the exam pattern better and clear
- Have an attitude and habit of noting down all the doubts and clear them all from time to time
- Keep yourself completely calm and motivated until the end.
KEAM 2019 Answer Key
- Post completion of an examination by CEE, the official authority publishes the answer key for all the questions asked in the question paper.
- Students can cross verify their answers with the one published as a key that is published on the official website and make a fair analysis of their results well in advance.
- If the student feels there are any corrections to be made in the answer key or any issues in the answer key, he/she can pen it down and send it to the competent authority in the form of a letter along with necessary documents as well.
KEAM 2019 Merit List
- After results are declared on the official website, candidates can also verify the merit list.
- The merit list will be issued by CEE on a course wise basis based on what the candidate has opted for.
- The rank will be allotted to the candidates based on their average score scored in the exam to the marks secured in the final year in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
KEAM 2019 Counselling
- This is the step which involves students to select the desired college in which they would like to pursue the course.
- However, this shall be in light of the marks secured by the students in the examination as well as in the final year of studies.
- Thus, those students who have secured good marks and secured a better rank will have better chances to get selected into the best colleges.
Thus, those students who are interested to pursue and excel in the field of Engineering, architecture, or medical in the year 2019-20 shall appear for KEAM 2019. Students are recommended to first go through the official notification and check their eligibility before applying. Those who qualify in this exam can get seats in varied fields like agriculture, forestry, veterinary, fisheries, pharmacy, etc.
This exam is conducted by the CEE of Kerala in order to encourage students to take up these fields seriously as their career. Last year report states that 90233 students had appeared for the exam. Every year many candidates appear for this exam and this year the number is expected to still increase to more than a lakh. For more information, you can visit the KEAM Candidate Portal.