NATA 2019: The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) checks the ability of the candidate for a specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test examines drawing and observation abilities, sense of balance, aesthetic sensibility and critical thinking skill that have been obtained over a long period of time, and that are related to a specific field of study, which is Architecture.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by COA since 2006, in terms of the provisions of COA (Minimum Standards of Architectural Education) Regulations, 1983, published in the Gazette of India. It is implied that a separate aptitude test in Architecture should be conducted and such test should not be combined with the tests for admissions to Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine and other disciplines.
NATA 2019 Overview
With the objective of attracting a greater number of bright aspirants for studying Architecture and practicing the same as a profession in future, CoA like every year will be conducting NATA-2019 for admission to B.Arch. in the academic session 2019-20.
CoA has further decided to conduct the test twice a year, thus giving the opportunity to those students who miss out the first test due to some reason or other and to improve upon their NATA score in the first test by re-appearing the second test. Both the first and second test will be conducted on a different date as a one-day online examination all over the country.
|Name of the Exam||National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA)|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Exam Dates||14th April and 7th July 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Part A – Computer Based
Part B – Pen Paper Based
|Score Card Validity||2 years|
NATA 2019 Important Dates
Check the important dates related to the National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA) 2019 from the release of brochure till results, for both the exams. The exam is conducted in two parts A and B. Part A will be conducted from 10 AM to 11 AM in online mode and Part B will be conducted from 11 AM to 1 PM in offline mode. Check the dates given below
|Events||Exam – 1||Exam – 2|
|Release of Information Brochure||21st January 2019||21st January 2019|
|Online Application Commencement date||24th January 2019||24th January 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||11th March 2019||12th June 2019|
|Last date to upload the documents||15th March 2019||15th June 2019|
|Last date to pay the Application Fee||15th March 2019||15th June 2019|
|Last date to take the print out of application form||18th March 2019||17th June 2019|
|Correction date||12-15th March 2019||15th-17th June 2019|
|Admit Card Issue date||1st April 2019||24th June 2019|
|Exam Dates||14th April 2019||7th July 2019|
|Result declaration date||3rd May 2019||21st July 2019|
NATA 2019 Registration/Application Process
The online filling-up of the Application Form is interactive in nature and online guidance will be available to the candidate while filling up the form.
- Go to the official website of NATA, www.nata.in
- Click on the link given for registration at home page.
- The new webpage will get open, where you will get the option for a new registration form, brochure, FAQs. Also, links for admit card, scorecard, responses will be available for the previous exam.
- Click on the link for new registration.
- Here, the candidate has to fill the mandatory details now, such as Name of the Candidate, Gender, date of birth, mobile number, email id, password, security question, and answer.
- Submit all the details by clicking on the “submit” button.
- After the first step of filling and submitting personal details is done, the candidate has to upload the scan copy or image of colored photo and signature in .jpeg format.
- After successful submission of images, candidate have to make the payment for the application fee, through online mode.
- The candidate has to click “Payment of fee using EPG services”, the system will automatically redirect to the available payment gateway page, displayed at the web site.
- Upon successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the final “Confirmation Page”.
- The candidate should take a printout and preserve the confirmation page for future reference.
- A print out of the Confirmation page will not provide admittance to the Test Centre to take the examination. The candidate has to print the Admit Card when issued online as per the schedule.
- The candidate is expected to fill up all details correctly, check a preview of the application before submitting the same online. Candidates will be provided only one opportunity to correct their personal details.
- You are not required to send/submit the hard copy of application form.
NATA 2019 Application Fee
- The application fee for NATA 2019 irrespective of the male/female gender, applying for the first or second exam, the application fee is Rs.1800/-.
- In case the Candidate wishes to appear for both first and second test, he/she shall deposit Rs 3500/- (Rupees Three thousand and five hundred only) as application fees.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category need to deposit Rs 1500/- for either first or second test and Rs 2800/- for appearing in both the tests through online mode.
- Candidates opting to appear from test centers outside the territory of India have to deposit Rs.10000/- for either first or second test and Rs. 18,000/- for appearing in both the tests through online mode.
NATA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate has to pass 10+2 examination or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Candidate should be passed with at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates who are appearing the 10+2 exam with PCM subjects in the current year may also provisionally appear in the exam, however, their result in NATA-2019 will be declared valid subject to fulfilling the above criteria.
- Candidate should have qualified through the recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2019.
NATA 2019 Syllabus
NATA Syllabus for each section are as under
- Coordinate Geometry
- Theory of Calculus
- Application of Calculus
- Permutation and Combination
- Statistics and Probability.
- Visualizing Different Sides of 3D Objects
- Texture Related to Architecture and Built Environment
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Sets and Relations.
- Conceptualization and Visualization
- Drawing of Patterns – Both Geometrical and Abstract
NATA Exam Pattern
Part A comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) to be answered online and Part B will be answered on A4 size drawing sheets. NATA Exam Pattern will be same for both the exams. There will be no negative marking for giving the wrong answer. Syllabus for NATA-2019 is given on the official website. Questions and all instructions will be available only in English medium.
|Subjects||Mode of Exam||Marks Distribution||Total Marks|
|Mathematics(MCQs)||Online||20 questions x 2 marks each||40 marks|
|General Aptitude(MSQ)||Online||40 questions x 2 marks each||80 Marks|
|Drawing||Pen and Paper||2 questions x 40 marks each||80 Marks|
Qualifying marks for NATA-2019 would be based on the following rules
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
Details for Drawing Test
Candidate has to attempt two questions within 120 minutes. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects –
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and performing the same in a visually appealing manner
- Imagining and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings
- Sense of viewpoint drawing
- Joining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form
- Building interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms Producing visual harmony using colors in a given composition
- Knowledge of scale and proportions
- Drawing from memory by pencil sketch on themes from day to day happenings
NATA 2019 Exam Center
The allocation of examination center expanded across all state capitals and other selected cities, subject to availability of at least 200 pupils for the particular city/center. Centers will be based on the choices given by the applicant during filling up the form online. However, it is the choice of the Council to allow the examination center for uniform conduct of the test. No request for change of designated center will be contemplated under any situations.
NATA 2019 Admit Card
The applicant has to download the soft copy of the NATA Admit Card from the website and has to arrive in the examination with a printed hard copy at the concerned Examination Centre designated in the downloaded Admit Card along with one original photo id proof- Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence.
NATA 2019 Results
After the NATA 2019 examination, model answers to MCQ portion (Part A) would be available in the public domain. Before the announcement of results, the acknowledgment sheets of each candidate will be uploaded along with Part-wise mark(s) obtained. NATA Results will be published in the form of a scorecard. No review will be available for the drawing test (Part B). Further, there will be no requirement for post-publication analysis or review and any request after the notification of the result will not be entertained.
Important Instructions To Be Followed
- Candidate has to report exam center by 8.00 AM
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after the start of the examination, i.e. after 10.00 am
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not permitted in the Examination Hall.
- Aspirants have to bring with them the following things at the exam center
- Admit Card
- Original Proof of Identity- Aadhar/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter ID.
- Pen, pencils, eraser, color pencils (No water/oil color or crayon)
- Candidates may bring with them a cardboard or a clipboard
NATA Help Desk
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Help Desk Number: +91 8296744296
The Council of Architecture (CoA) has been constituted by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972. This Act was enacted by the Parliament of India and came into force with effect from 1st September 1972. The Act provides for registration of Architects, standards of education, recognized qualifications and standards of professional conduct and etiquette to be complied with by the architects.