The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) was established by the Government of India 27 December on 1974. On 14 November 1994, NIMHANS was conferred a deemed university status by the University Grants Commission with academic autonomy. The institute has been declared as an Institute of National Importance by an act of parliament in 2012. In March 2017, the Government of India passed the Mental Healthcare Bill 2016, which also proposes to set up NIMHANS-like institutions across the nation.
Click here to download NIMHANS Staff Nurse Admit Card 2019.
The results of NIMHANS 2019 session 1 have been released. Session 2 schedule is also up on the website. Read on to find more about the exam.
NIMHANS 2019 Exam Overview
|Name of the Exam||National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS)|
|Exam Date||Session 1: March 30-31, April 21, 2019
Session 2: October 20, 2019
|Courses Offered||B.Sc and Diploma programs in various disciplines at the UG level. At postgraduate level, the institute offers M.Sc., MPH, DM, M.Ch and MD courses along with PG Diploma. At the Doctorate level, NIMHANS offers M.Phil. & Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) courses in various streams|
NIMHANS 2019 Important Dates
|Event||Schedule for Session 1||Schedule for Session 2|
|Commencement of online application||January 17, 2019||August 1, 2019|
|Last day for registration||February 16, 2019||August 31, 2019|
|Availability of admit cards||March 14-31, 2019 for PhD
April 5-21, 2019 for B.Sc
|To be announced|
|NIMHANS 2019 examination||March 30-31, 2019 for PhD
April 21, 2019, for B.Sc
|October 20, 2019|
|Declaration of results||Released||To be announced|
|Commencement of counseling||May 28-30, 2019||November 4, 2019|
NIMHANS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- PG Medical and specialty programs not more than 32 years (for MBBS degree holders) and 35 (for PG Medical degree holders); relaxation of 5 years (in the case of SC/ST) and 3 years (OBC candidates) in upper age limit.
- Sponsored/deputed candidates: not more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses.
The detailed educational qualification prerequisites can be found on below NIMHANS Prospectus Session1
NIMHANS 2019 Exam Pattern
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of questions||100|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for the correct answer, 0.25 negative for an incorrect answer|
NIMHANS 2019 Application Procedure
- The candidates can apply online on the official website www.nimhans.ac.in.
- The form can be filled by entering the preliminary details, educational qualifications, personal details, and uploading photograph, signature, and other documents.
- The application fee can be paid online through net banking or credit/debit cards.
NIMHANS 2019 Application Fee
The fees applicable is as follows
|Category||Application Fees per course for UG||Application fees per course for PG|
|General/OBC||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST||Rs. 750||Rs. 1000/-|
|PwD||No application fees||No application fees|
NCHMCT 2019 Examination Centers
For session 1
- UG: Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad
- PG: Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Pune
For session 2 the centers will be announced soon
NIMHANS 2019 Result and Counselling
- The results for phase 1 have been announced and can be checked here www.nimhans.ac.in/.
- The counseling will be held on May 28-30, 2019.
- The candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the score in the entrance exam.
We hope we were able to help you out with the details of NIMHANS 2019. We look forward to helping you with any other query in the comments section below. All the best.