NMAT is the MBA entrance exam conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), also known as NMAT by GMAC. NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
NMAT 2019 | Exam Dates, Registrations, Eligibility, Syllabus, Admit card, Results, Score Card
The GMAC can provide a total of three retakes in NMAT exam including no-shows. NMAT by GMAC 2019 is conducted at 44 Indian cities and 4 international centers. The date of online application form for NMAT 2019 by GMAC is from July to October and exams delivery date is 4th October to 17th December 2019. Results for NMAT 2019 will be announced the 3rd week of January 2019 and to download NMAT scorecard, candidates have to visit the official website on 31st March 2019. Every year on average 80,000+ students apply for NMAT exam.
NMAT Important Dates
|Registrations dates||3rd July 2019 – 3rd October 2019|
|Scheduling||3rd July 2019 – 16th October 2019|
|Late registration||4th October 2019 – 14th October 2019|
|Retake of registration||5th October 2019 – 14th December 2019|
|Re-scheduling||3rd July 2019 to 14th December 2019|
|Re-take rescheduling||5th October 2019 to 14th December 2019|
|Exams||4th October 2019 to 17th December 2019|
|Results||2nd weak of January 2020|
|Last date to download the scorecard||31st March 2020|
NMAT Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NMAT exams are defined by the Graduate Management Admission Council(GMAC). Candidates before applying for GMAT, please go through the criteria’s and ensure to fulfill them.
- Candidates should have passed Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate, from any recognized university.
- Candidates with two or more years of work experience will be given preference
- Final year students are also eligible to apply but the admissions will be done based on the results only.
- No age limit is defined for NMAT
The eligibility criteria may vary with the participating institutes.
NMAT Application Procedure
- Candidates need to register themselves before scheduling the test date and location.
- First create an account in the official website,nmat.org.in, using the valid email address.
- Candidates have to give contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programmes to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test center.
- Candidate’s name and date of birth entered on the registration form must be exactly the same as the name and date of birth on your Photo and Signature ID.
- Choose the schools, where you need to send the scorecard for admission
- Candidate should upload the recent passport photo
- Proceed for the payment of fees
- After the payment is done, the schedule exam option will be available on your screen. Now you can schedule your test accordingly.
- Admit card is immediately available once the payment is done.
NMAT Registration Fees
Candidates have to pay the fees while registering for the NMAT exam schedule.
|Registration(on time)||Rs.2000/- +taxes|
|Registration(late)||Rs.2500/- + taxes|
|Retake fees||Rs.2000/- +taxes|
|Reschedule fees||Rs.1100/- + taxes|
|Additional score reports(more than 5)||Rs.200/- per scorecard + taxes|
Candidates can pay the fees through the following mode
- Visa card
- Master card
- American Express
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Mobile wallets
- Diners Club
Note: You must pay with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) only, to reschedule the appointment.
NMAT Exam Pattern
- Candidates have the option to choose the exam date as per their convenient
- The exam will be conducted in online mode
- The duration of exam will be 120 minutes
- Question type is Multiple objective types
- Total number of questions to be asked is 120
- There is no negative marking scheme
- NMAT exams cover three main sections, Language skills, Quantitative skills, and Logical Reasoning.
|Sections||Number of questions||Marks||Time|
|Language||32 questions||3 marks Each||22 minutes|
|Quantitative||48 questions||3 marks Each||60 minutes|
|Logical reasoning||40 questions||3 marks Each||38 minutes|
|Total||120 questions||360 marks||120 minutes|
NMAT Test Centers
- North – Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi
- West – Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara
- South – Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijayawada
- Central – Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
- East – Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong
Note: Some cities have multiple choice of test centers
International centers are
- Nepal – Kathmandu
- Bhutan – Thimpu
- Bangladesh – Dhaka
- Srilanka – Colombo
- NMAT syllabus is prescribed by GMAC.
- The syllabus will cover language, quantitive aptitude, and logical reasoning.
- The syllabus is same for all aspiring candidates.
- You can prepare for the exam through sample papers and also GMAC is providing official guide and practice exam on its official website to prepare for final exams.
NMAT Admit Card
- The admit card for NMAT by GMAC exam will be provided once the registration has been done and payment is confirmed, it will appear on your screen.
- Download the admit card of NMAT and take a print out of it.
- Candidates have to carry the admit card while appearing for NMAT exam at the test centers.
- The results of NMAT by GMAC had been released on 15th January 2019 on its official website www.nmat.org.in/
- Candidates can check in the official website for results of NMAT using their registration number.
- Once the final percentile is released, NMAT by GMAC 2018 result and scores will be mailed to five B-schools, candidates have selected during the process of application.
- Participating institutes will then announce the name of selected candidates for the MBA program.
NMAT Score Card
The scorecard for NMAT by GMAC will be released on 31st March 2019.
Candidates who have cleared the NMAT exam can download the scorecard
The scorecard will be sent to the selected institutes where the candidates want to get admission
This scorecard is to be represented at the time admission as well.
NMAT Test Retake
- After the first attempt, candidates can retake NMAT by GMAC.
- However, the exam schedule for the retake of NMAT can be done 15 days after the commencement of the first attempt.
- Candidates can reschedule their exam according to their convenience, as the window for rescheduling remains open.