NTSE 2019 –National Talent Search Examination 2019 is a National Level Scholarship Exam conducted for the students of class 10 by the NCRET. NTSE exam will be conducted in two stages and the students who are qualified in both the stages are awarded the scholarship. NTSE will select 1000 students who are qualified in the NTSE Exam and those students can avail this scholarship up to doctoral level studies.
NTSE stage 1 exam was conducted on 3rd & 4th November 2018 and the NTSE stage 2 exam will be conducted on 12th May 2019. The candidates who are qualified in stage 1 NTSE Exam are eligible for NTSE Stage 2 examination. No fee is charged for the NTSE Stage II examination. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding the NTSE 2019 Exam. Read on to know everything about NTSE 2019 exam.
NTSE – National Talent Search Examination 2019
Let’s have an overview of NTSE 2019 exam:
|Exam Name||National Talent Search Examination|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Class level||Class 10th only|
|Exam Mode||Offline examination|
|Exam date for NTSE Stage 2||May 12, 2019|
NTSE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The NTSE-National Talent Search Examination eligibility criteria for both stage 1 & stage 2 is listed below:
NTSE Stage 1:
- The nationality of the candidate must be Indian.
- General Candidates must have secured 60% marks in 9th class.
- SC, ST & PH candidates must have secured 55% in the 9th class.
- Students of class 10 can also apply for this exam.
NTSE Stage 2:
- Those candidates who secure 80% in state level exam that is in stage 1 examination are eligible for stage 2.
NTSE 2019 Reservation Criteria
The NTSE 2019 Reservation criteria are tabulated below:
|4%||Blindness & Low Vision, Deaf & Hard of hearing, and other disabled students|
|1%||Mental illness & other disabilities under clauses|
NTSE 2019 Application Form
The NTSE 2019 Application Form will be available in both online & offline mode. The application form for stage 1 will be distributed by their respective states and the deadline to fill this NTSE application form will be decided by their respective stage officials. The application procedure will vary for Indian & Indian aboard students. The NTSE Application procedure for both Indian & Indian aboard students are listed below:
NTSE Application Form For Indian Students
The NTSE 2019 Application Procedure for Indian Students is given below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NCRET.
- Step 2: Download the NTSE Application form.
- Step 3: Fill up all the necessary details in the application from.
- Step 4: After filling up the application form, get it signed by your school Principal.
- Step 5: Now students must submit the application form to their School Lison Officer before the deadline.
NTSE Application Form For Indian-Abroad Students
The candidates must download the application form from the website (NCRET) and fill up the application form. After filling up the application form, the candidates must submit it along with the 9th std mark sheet photocopy attested by their Head Of Institution (HOI).
NTSE 2019 Application Fee
The candidates must pay the application fee for stage 1 examination only which will be notified by the School Lison Officer. For stage 2 examination, the application fee is not applicable.
NTSE 2019 Exam Pattern
The NTSE 2019 exam pattern is tabulated below:
- Duration of the exam will be 120 minutes only.
- Medium of the exam: English, Hindi, Bangla, Asamiya, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Odia, Urdu, Telugu and Tamil.
- The exam mode will be in offline mode.
- The question types will be of multiple choices.
NTSE 2019 Exam Syllabus
The NTSE 2019 exam syllabus is tabulated below:
|MAT (Mental Ability Test)||Analogies
|SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)||Science
Note: The SAT exam syllabus is completely based on 9th & 10th std syllabus only.
NTSE 2019 Admit Card
The NTSE 2019 Admit Card for stage 1 can be collected from their respective states or union territories and students will also receive the NTSE admit card through post. The NTSE 2019 Admit Card for stage 2 will be avaible in online mode only in the official website. Students must visit the official website in order to download their Admit Card. The Admit Card for NTSE stage 2 will be released 21 days prior to the examination. Candidates must keep their admit card safe, as no student will be allowed to the exam without the admit card.
NTSE 2019 Selection Process
The selection procedure of NTSE is listed below:
- The Selection process will be done in two stages.
- The candidates must obtain a minimum of 80% in stage 1.
- Those students who obtained 80% in are eligible for stage 2 examination.
- In stage 2 examination, the candidates must meet the cutoff’s specified by the officials to avail the scholarship.
NTSE 2019 Scholarships Awarded
The scholarships awarded to the students qualified in NTSE 2019 exam is listed below:
- Rs 1250/- per month for the students of class 11 & 12.
- Rs 2000/- per month for the UG & PG students.
- For doctorate students, the amount is fixed according to UGC norms.
NTSE 2019 Results
The NTSE Results for stage 1 will be declared on their respective state/UT websites. And stage 2 results will be declared on the official website. After the NTSE 2019 stage 2 results are out, the officials will prepare a merit list keeping various parameters in mind. Those students who are in the merit list are eligible for availing the scholarship. The steps to check the results are listed below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of state/union territories.
Step 2: Click on the link NTSE 2019 result link.
Step 3: Now the page will be directed.
Step 4: Enter your Roll no & password.
Step 5: The NTSE 2019 results will be displayed on the screen.
NTSE 2019 Cutoff
Along with the result, the officials will release the cutoff based on the category. The category wise cutoff is tabulated below:
Note: This cutoff is based on previous years handout. Those candidates who meet this cutoff will be eligible for availing the scholarship.
Now you are provided with all the necessary information regarding NTSE 2019 – National Level Talent Search Examination and we hope the detailed article on NTSE 2019 is helpful. If you have any doubt regarding this article or NTSE 2019, drop your comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Leave a Reply