OUCET 2021: Osmania University Common Entrance Test (OUCET) is the examination held by Osmania University, Hyderabad for getting admitted into various post-graduate programs. On providing at five universities named Osmania, Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi, Palamuru and Potti Sreeramulu Telugu Universities it offers five-year integrated programs in different streams.
Applicants will be enrolled in the selected PG programs in the mentioned five universities depending on the result of OUCET. The OUCET is held for admission in PG, PG Diploma and 5 years integrated courses which include
The overall information of the examination is given on the page below.
Get to Know all types of Common Entrance Exams from here.
|Name of the Exam||OUCET 2021|
|Conducting Body for Counselling||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Location||Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007|
|Courses Offered||M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, MCJ, BLISc, MLISc, MSW, M.Ed, M.P.Ed|
|Type of college||Government|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
OUCET Important Dates
|Notification and commencement of application form (Offline and Online)||May 22, 2021|
|Application (Online)||May 2021|
|Admit Card On||May 4, 2021|
|Result (Online)||June 28, 2021|
|Counseling (Offline)||July 2021|
|Exam (Online)||6th June 2021|
Osmania University Common Entrance Test (OUCET) 2021 Application Form
- The OUCET application process is an online mode.
- The application form for 2021 will be released in the month of January 2021.
- The form must be filled in online mode via the official website.
- The online application form will end in the month of May in the 3rd week. There is no late fee payment before the due date. After the due date, there is a late fee until the first week of June.
- The applicant also required to reimburse a required registration fee for the application form of OUCET 2021.
- The application form must be filled duly with all the details including a number of entrance test, phone number, and email id and candidature.
- The mode of payment of fee is online through Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card.
- After getting the registration id, it must be retained by candidates for generating admit card and admission process.
- Documents required for the application process are scanned passport size color photo, signature, or the certificates of caste/income (if applicable).
- The photograph size should be Less than 40 KB
- Signature size must not be more than 30 KB
- SC category certificate size should not be more than 1 MB
- PH certificate size should be Less than 1 MB
OUCET Application Fees
|OBC, General||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 750||Online|
|SC, ST||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 575||Online|
|OBC, ST, General, SC (PWD Quota)||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 575||Online|
|OUCET 2021 Application Submission after the 3rd week of May 2021 with a Late fee||Transgender, Male, Female||
Rs.700/- + 200/- = 900/- (For General and OBC)
|OUCET 2021 Application submission after the 4th week of May||Transgender, Male, Female||700/- + 1000/- = 1700/- (For General and OBC)
575/- + 1000/-= 5750/- (For ST-SC and PhD)
|OUCET 2021 Application submission after 4th week of May||Transgender, Male, Female||₹400||Online|
OUCET 2021 Application Fees
|No. of subjects||Fees||Category|
|Additional subject||₹250/-||All categories|
Procedure for Applying for Examination
- Log in to Osmania.ac.inor www.ouadmissions.com.
- A webpage will be appeared on the screen after clicking on apply
- Fill in all the required details like student’s name, Date of Birth, Valid E-Mail Id, Valid mobile number, Entrance test number to be taken after clicking on the registration link.
- The requisite registration fee must be remitted after filling all the credentials.
- The registration fee can be paid by using Credit / Debit Card / Net Banking at any TS/AP online centers.
- Applicants will receive a registration ID through SMS of your registered mobile number.
- After registration and authorization of payment candidate will be allowed to fill the application form online.
- The online application form option is available on the left menu of the login page which is displayed on the screen.
- Enter the registration Id which is generated after online payment and click SUBMIT button.
- Fill up all the personal, academic, study, reservation and other mandatory details.
- Click on submit
The application process is completed and the candidate will have to wait for admit card to release.
OUCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- No age limit for appearing in OUCET 2021.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must belong to Telangana state only.
- Candidates must fulfill Local and Non Local status in the eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must have passed the bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate- Part 2 subject.
- Candidates qualifying for the Bachelor’s degree separately are also efficient if they secure 40% aggregate marks.
- There is no minimum requirement of marks and a pass in the qualifying subject is sufficient for SC/ST candidates.
- The candidate must satisfy local/unreserved status criteria, proposed by Telangana educational institutions.
- Those who are qualified with a single subject or through an open/distance mode of education are not eligible..
OUCET Age Criteria
|General candidates applying for OUCET 2021 (Self-financing)||No age limit|
|Age limit for SC/ST candidates applying fee reimbursement||34 years|
|Age limit for Disabled/ Minorities||30 years|
- Candidates can generate their admit cards through the official website of the exam board, ouadmissions.com/www.osmania.ac.in one week before the commencement of the exam.
- Download the admit card and attach the latest passport-sized photograph identical to the photo which is uploaded in the online application form and get the admit card attested in the specified block assigned for it.
- The candidate is not allowed to enter the examination hall without the hall ticket.
OUCET Exam Pattern
The exam is computer-based with time duration of 90 minutes, where students will be required to answer a total of 100 questions of one mark each. There will be no negative marking for any wrong answer as per the examination scheme.
|I||A||Verbal Ability||1 – 25|
|B||General Knowledge||26 – 40|
|II||C||Numerical Data Analysis||41 – 70|
|D||Reasoning and Intelligence||71 – 100|
|A||Mathematics||1 – 40|
|B||General English||41 – 55|
|C||General Knowledge||56 – 70|
|D||Current Affairs||71 – 85|
|E||General Economics||86 – 100|
|A||Chemistry||1 – 34|
|B||Physics||35 – 67|
|C||Mathematics||68 – 100|
Syllabus and marking criteria for 5-year Integrated programs
|M.Sc. in Chemistry + M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry||A||Chemistry||34|
|M.A. Applied Economics||A||Mathematics – School Level||40|
|B||General English – School Level||15|
|C||General Knowledge-Intermediate Level||15|
|D||Current Affairs-Intermediate Level||15|
|E||General Economic Problems & Concepts-Intermediate Level||15|
|M.B.A.||A||Verbal Ability and General Knowledge||25|
|C||Numerical Data Analysis||30|
|D||Reasoning and Intelligence||30|
|PGD Applied Linguistic||A||The language of India and World|
|B||Literary work in language and author|
|C||Languages and their relationships|
|D||Features of Major Indian languages|
|E||Language families and tribal language|
|F||Language data and analyzing|
|PGD in Archival Science and Manuscript||A||Fundamentals of Archival Science|
|B||Basic elements of Manuscriptology|
|D||Andhra Pradesh state Achievers|
|E||History of India (from early history to present)|
|Masters in Commerce||A||Auditing|
|H||General knowledge and current affairs|
|I||Business organization and management|
|J||Financial service- banking and insurance|
|K||Fundamentals of Information Technology|
|Post Graduation In Public Administration||A||Management of Resources|
|B||Human resource management|
|G||Introduction to public management|
|H||Theories and approach|
|I||Concept and principles of public administration|
|K||Public administration in India|
|N||State and district administration|
OUCET 2021 Result
- The results of the OUCET will be published on the websites, www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in.
- Candidates can know their results through the official webpage by entering a few details.
- They will be admitted into a course/subject depending on the ranks gained in the specified OU Common Entrance Test subject to rules of reservations.
- The students who qualify for the OUCET 2021 will be allowed for a further admission process.
- The scorecard of the student will be published on the OUCET 2021 official website. The student must download the scorecard and keep it for further reference and process.
However, in case of a tie, the merit list will be finalized on the following criteria
- of marks secured in CET.
- Higher age of the candidate is preferable.
- Percentage of marks secured in the concerned qualifying examination.
OUCET 2021 Counselling
After getting qualified, candidates will be allowed to get admitted to different courses through the process called counseling. The qualified candidates must fulfill some sort of criteria like provisional allotment through web-based counseling. After this certificate verification is done by presenting the following mentioned certificates at the time of counseling:
- CET Rank card
- CET Admit card
- Transfer certificate (T.C.) from the Institution the applicant studied previously.
- Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) / 10th Std. certificate.
- Proof of Local/Non-Local status of the candidates
- Community Certificate (If applicable)
- Income Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
According to the rank gained by the applicants, they’ll be allowed for the counseling procedure. The documents of the candidates will then be verified accordingly. In case any candidate failed to attend the counseling procedure he/she will not be qualified for the admission procedure.