Panjab University CET (UG) 2019 | PU CET (UG) 2019 Exam Pattern, Application Form, Syllabus, Results and Counselling Details
Panjab University conducts the Panjab University Undergraduate Common Entrance Test (PU CET) for admission in various undergraduate courses. There are 188 colleges under its umbrella that grant admissions through the PU CET. Candidates can take the exam in various subject combinations, depending on the subject of their choice. The undergraduate courses offered by the university through PU CET are BSc. (Hons.) and B.Pharma programmes.
PU CET (UG) 2019 Over view
|Notification release and availability of online form||March 2019|
|Last date for generation of bank challan||April 2019|
|Last day to deposit fees||April 2019|
|Last day to upload scanned photograph and signature||April 2019|
|Availability of Admit Cards||April 2019|
|Date of the Examination||April 28, 2019 (Sunday)|
|Answer Key Release||May 2019|
|Commencement of online counseling||July 2019|
PU CET (UG) 2019 Subject groups and Courses Offered
|Subject Group||Courses Offered|
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||
|Physics, Chemistry, Biology||
|Mathematics||B.Sc. (Hons School) Mathematics|
PU CET (UG) 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The prospectus of PU CET 2018 states the eligibility criteria as the candidates who have passed/appeared (up to the Academic Session 2016-2018) in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or
- Its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council being eligible to appear in the PU – CET (U.G.) Entrance Test – 2018. The eligibility criteria are likely to be the same for the PU CET (UG) 2019.
50% Marks in 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and one of the following subject Biology/ Mathematics
|Botany, Zoology||At least 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in 10+2|
|Anthropology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Physics (Specialisation in Electronics), Biotechnology, Biophysics||
At least 50% marks with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics /Biology in 10+2
|Mathematics||At least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2|
PU CET (UG) 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- PU CET (UG) tests candidates on 10+1 and 10+2 level Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology (subject combination based on the courses). The exam is held offline (pen and paper mode).
- Each section comprises of 60 multiple choice questions.
- Candidates are given 70 minutes to solve each section.
- Two marks are awarded for each correct response, with a penalty of 0.25 marks for incorrect answers.
- The mode of examination is English only
PU CET (UG) 2019 Application Procedure
- The PU CET (UG) 2019 application form will be released online
- Candidates will be required to fill in preliminary details to generate the Bank Challan
- The fees should be paid before the deadline
- The remaining part of the form can be filled after the payment of the challan
- The last part is the upload of scanned passport size photo and signatures
PU CET (UG) 2019 Application Fees
The application fee structure for various categories is as follows
- An application fee of Rs. 300 is applicable for Biology and Mathematics as an additional subject
- The application fee is nonrefundable
PU CET (UG) 2019 Results and Merit List
- The 10+ 2 exam carries 25% weightage in the preparation of the merit list.
- PU CET percentile scores contribute to the remaining 75%.
- The cut-off is usually 15% of the total marks (10% for Reserved Categories).
- The CET percentile score (P) for the qualified candidates from the two streams (i) and (ii) will be calculated separately using the formula P= (N-R)N
- where R is the rank of the candidate in the merit list of that stream and N is the total number of candidates appeared in that stream.
- The total score obtained by the weighted percentile score and 10+2 score will form the basis of the merit list.
PU CET (UG) 2019 Counselling
The first round of online counseling for admission is in the 188 member colleges will commence from the first week of July 2019. The candidates will be allotted seats according to the position in the merit list, as well as their courses and institutions of preference.
The detailed counseling schedule will soon be available on the website, along with the release of the prospectus of PU CET 2019. The counseling can go up to four rounds, depending on the vacancy.
PU CET (UG) 2019 Crucial Reminders for the Candidates
- The first unsaid rule is always not to forget to carry your admit cards. Entry in the exam hall is not permitted without producing admit cards on the day of the exam.
- No change will be allowed after submitting the online form. The candidates should be extremely careful while filling in the details.
- The use of a calculator is not allowed in any subject/paper
There has not been an official notification release for PU CET (UG) 2019 till now. But we have tried to compile the general trivia regarding the exam in the above article. We shall keep you updated on any recent announcement regarding the same. We have a very active comments section for any kind of questions that trouble you regarding the exam. We wish all the PU CET (UG) 2019 candidates best of luck.
Leave a Reply