Statistics Olympiad is conducted to spot Statistical talent at an early stage. This Olympiad is conducted by C.R.Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (AIMSCS). For students who want to test their potentials, should give this test and can use the scorecard to show their skills.
Statistics Olympiad | Details of The Eleventh Statistics Olympiad 2019, Eligibility, Registration, Admit Card and Results
This year as well, a talent search competition in Mathematics and Science for students in High school and Junior colleges, The Eleventh Statistics Olympiad 2019 is going to be conducted. Students who want to participate in this test, have to register themselves and also check the eligibility criteria defined by AIMSCS.
The competition will be conducted in the form of a written test. Students are advised to check the complete information as per announced or notified by the conducting body. The score obtained in this test will also be of great importance for their future reference, like while taking admission in college for higher studies, as some of the institutes give priority to the students who have scored good marks in the olympiads.
Here, in this article, we are going to provide you the details of the 11th Statistics Olympiads 2019 along with eligibility required to appear for this test, registrations, fees to be paid, etc.
Keep reading with us to get complete information.
Statistics Olympiad 2019
The 11th Statistics Olympiads 2019 is conducted to check the potential and knowledge skills of students in Mathematics and Science subjects. These subjects consist of concepts which require logic to understand. Students who are of high potentials and great thinking power can easily score in these Olympiads. Therefore, they are suggested to at least once participate in the competition. Check out the dates below for this year Statistics Olympiad.
|Online registration-Last date to apply||10th January 2019|
|Exam Date||27th January 2019|
|Exam Timings||10 AM to 1 PM|
Statistics Olympiad 2019 Eligibility
- Students who are willing to give 11th Statistics Olympiad 2019, have to go through the eligibility criteria first, before registering themselves for the competition.
- Students, of any board, who have secured with grade A or more than 75% marks in Mathematics, previous year(2017-18) are eligible to appear for this test.
- The competition is conducted at two levels: Junior level and senior level.
|Junior Level||Class 9th and 10th(2018-19)|
|Senior Level||Class 11th, 12th and Degree 1st year(2018-19)|
Students who are interested to participate in the 11th Statistics Olympiad 2019 competition, have to register themselves by visiting the official website,http://www.crraoaimscs.org/statistics-olympiad/.
Statistics Olympiad 2019 Registration
- Click on the link given in the official webpage to apply for the test.
- Fill the details such as Name, Class, Grade or marks obtained in the previous year, Name of school, Gender, Phone number, email id, preferred exam center, and payment details.
Statistics Olympiad 2019 Registration Fees
- Students have to pay Rs.100/- to apply for this test.
- Candidates can pay the fees both in online and offline mode.
- Online Payment: Students have to pay the registration fees in the following account details, And mention the transaction number in the application form.
- Account Name: Director, C.R.Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and
- Computer Science (AIMSCS)
- Account Number: 4106000100034593
- Punjab National Bank, Hitech City Branch (IFSC Code PUNB0410600)
- Offline Payment: Students who want to pay the fees in offline mode have to issue Demand Draft in favor of Director, CR Rao AIMSCS, payable at Hyderabad and DD number should be entered in the application form. The application form along with DD should be sent by speed post to
CR Rao AIMSCS,
University of Hyderabad Campus,
Prof CR Rao Road,
Note: The date of payment and bank details should be filled in the application form.
Statistics Olympiad 2019 Test Centers
The candidates who are applying for 11th Statistics Olympiad 2019 have to mention their preferred test centers in the application form for at least two cities. Below is the list of test centers, students can choose for;
Statistics Olympiad 2019 Syllabus
As this is a talent competition, there is no particular required to prepare for this examination. The questions of this test would not be of any syllabus oriented but of nature requiring insight, critical approach, logical thinking, the power of application of knowledge in solving problems and a general mathematical maturity and statistics level. Therefore, the students of junior level and senior level classes should be having a thorough knowledge of their academic syllabus. There is no separate syllabus prescribed for Statistics Olympiad.
Statistics Olympiad 2019 Exam Pattern
- The 11th Statistics Olympiad 2019 will be conducted in the English language.
- The time duration for this test is 3 hours.
- The test will be conducted in offline mode or pen-paper mode.
- There will 10 questions which has to be answered in short descriptive nature.
- All the questions are required to be attempted by the students.
Statistics Olympiad 2019 Admit Card
- Students of junior classes and senior classes who have applied for 11th Statistics Olympiad 2019, can download the admit card directly from the official website.
- Students have to bring two copies of admit card with a photo attached to it, a copy of school ID card, a copy of the marks memo displaying the marks obtained in the previous class studied during the academic year 2017-18.
Statistics Olympiad 2019 Results
- The 11th Statistics Olympiad 2019 results will be declared online by C.R.Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (AIMSCS) on its official website.
- The results will be declared after the test has been conducted
- Top 3 students will be given C R Rao and C. Bhargavi Rao Prizes of Rs. 10000,
- Rs. 7000 and Rs. 5000 on 29th June 2019 during 13thStatistics Day celebrations at C R Rao
- AIMSCS, Hyderabad.
- Also, top performers up to a maximum of 15 students in each level will be awarded merit certificates during the same function.