Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET 2019) | Application Form (Released), Important Dates and Exam Centers
The Symbiosis International (Deemed University) conducts the Symbiosis Entrance Test for admission in its undergraduate courses. The candidates can apply for B.A LL.B./B.B.A, LL.B/B.Des./B.B.A/BCA/BBA (IT)/B.A.(M.C)/B.Sc (Economics) Hons./ B.A. (Liberal Arts)/B.Sc (Liberal Arts)/B.Sc (Culinary Arts)/B.Tech programmes through the SET 2019.
There are four major tests under SET, namely:
- SET – Law test, now known as Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT)
- SET – Design test, known as Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED)
- SET – Engineering called SIT Engineering Entrance Exam (SITEEE)
- SET – General
Read on to find more about SET 2019.
SET 2019 Event Calendar
|1||Commencement of online registration||Thursday, January 24, 2019|
|2||Last day for registration||Monday, April 15, 2019|
|3||Last day for payment||Monday, April 15, 2019|
|4||The release of admit card||Saturday, April 20, 2019|
|5||Entrance Test Date and Time||Saturday, May 04, 2019
|6||Test Result||Tuesday, May 14, 2019|
SET 2019 List of Colleges
|SEED (SET-Design)||Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]|
|SITEEE (SET-Engineering)||Symbiosis Institute of Technology [SIT]|
SET 2019 Application Procedure
- Go to the official website set-test.org/register.
- A candidate login can be generated after preliminary registration.
- The candidates will be required to fill in their personal details, Aadhar number, and educational qualifications.
- After filling in the details, a recent colored passport size photo has to be uploaded on the form.
- Then proceed to pay the registration fee. The fees can be paid through
- Billdesk Payment Gateway
- Easebuzz Payment Gateway
- Indian Bank Payment Gateway
- Demand Draft.
The Demand Draft can be issued from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat [STS]” payable at Pune. It should be posted to the following address, along with the printed payment advice.
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT [STS]
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Note: Any Changes in the online application form (except test city preferences and admission category) will be entertained only until April 15, 2019.
SET 2019 Fees
- The candidates are required to pay a fees Rs. 1750/- for one exam and Rs. 3000/- for two exams.
- Apart from the registration fees, the candidates are also required to pay the program fees of Rs. 1000 per program, of the institutes that they prefer.
- After the registration, the candidates have to fill in the program forms of the respective institutes.
- The fees can be paid online, or through a demand draft addressed to Symbiosis Test Secretariat.
SET 2019 Examination Structure
The examination is conducted in online mode, or Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The questions are objective, with four alternatives. There is no negative marking in any section. The four tests are of 150 minutes each and can be broken down as
SET – LAW (SLAT) 2019
It will be held in the morning session 9:30 AM to 12 noon. The breakdown of the paper will be as follows
- Logical Reasoning
- Legal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- General Knowledge
Each section will carry 30 questions with 1 mark each.
SET – DESIGN (SEED) 2019
It will be held in the morning session 9:30 AM to 12 noon. The paper will consist of a single section, i.e. Design Aptitude with 150 questions carrying one mark each.
SET – GENERAL (SET) 2019
It will be held in the afternoon session 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. The paper will consist of the following sections:
- General English
- General Awareness
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
All sections except Analytical and Logical Reasoning will carry 40 questions of one mark each. The later section will carry 30 questions of one mark each.
SET – ENGINEERING (SITEEE) 2019
It will be held in the afternoon session 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. The paper will consist of the following sections
There will be 25 questions each in Physics and Chemistry. Each question will carry two marks. There will be 50 questions carrying one mark each in the Mathematics section.
SET 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates will be able to download their admit cards from the official website on April 20, 2019.
- For those who pay by DD, the receipt of the payment will be confirmed by email. Only after the confirmation of payment will the candidates be able to view their admit cards. Two separate admit cards shall be issued for the morning and afternoon sessions.
SET 2019 Examination Cities
- SET will be held in 80 cities all over India.
- The candidates will be asked to fill in their top three preferences for the examination centres.
- Please visit SET Examination Cities for the list of the 80 exam cities.
SET 2019 Reservation Policy
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Children/wards of Defence Personnel||5% for SLS-PUNE, SICSR|
|Kashmiri Migrants||2 seats per programme|
SET 2019 Results and Counselling
- The SET scores will be compiled into a merit list, and the counselling for each institute will take place individually, based on the SET rank.
- Each institute will conduct its own Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test.
- The candidates are required to mandatorily attend all the components to be eligible for the seat in any institute.
- Category-wise cut off for Merit List and Wait List will be displayed on the website of the respective institutes.
SET 2019 Important Guidelines
- Please do not forget to carry the colored printout of the admit card (cards, if appearing both in the morning and the afternoon session)
- A valid photo ID should also be carried to the exam centre. The following documents are considered a valid identity proofs:
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
- 3) No calculators will be allowed in the exam
- Ensure that your passport size photo on the Admit Card is not more than 3 month old
Please feel free to post any query regarding SET 2019 in the comments section below. We will answer all your questions at the earliest.