TANCET 2020: Anna University, on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu conducts the state level examination TANCET for admissions in Post Graduate Courses like M.E/M.Tech/M. Arch/M.Plan/M.C.A/M.B.A. Courses. TANCET full form is the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. The candidates with a valid GATE score are exempted from TANCET, except those in Engineering Sciences and Life Sciences. Anna University has released the TANCET Application Form in online mode.
TANCET Application Form 2020 The last date is
31st January till 5:00 PM February 4th, 2020. Students can check it from the official website tancet.annuniv.edu. TANCET Application Fee 2020 is Rs.600, for SC/ST/SCA is Rs.300. Read on to find out more about TANCET 2020, TANCET Application Form for MBA, BA, TANCET Admit card, Result, Counselling. The TANCET Application Form link is provided below.
TANCET Admit Card has been released, candidates need email id and password to download it. Click here to download TANCET Admit Card.
Last Date to Register TANCET has been extended from 31st January 2020 to February 4th, 2020.
TANCET 2020 online Registration has been started. Click here to apply for TANCET 2020.
TANCET Application Form Status is available to check. Click here to check for TANCET Application Status.
TANCET 2020 Dates
|TANCET 2020||Important dates|
|Commencement of TANCET 2020 registration||07th January 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Last date to submit the TANCET 2020 application form|
|Release of TANCET 2020 Hall ticket||13th February 2020|
|TANCET 2020 exam date for MCA and MBA||29th February 2020|
|TANCET 2020 exam date for M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan||01st March 2020|
|Declaration of TANCET result 2020||20th March 2020|
|Downloading of Mark Sheets starts from||23rd March 2020|
TANCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
|Courses Offered||Eligibility Criteria|
|MBA||Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for reserved category); 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern; B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm; 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma+AMIE|
|MCA||Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years with an aggregate of 50% (45% for reserved category); 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern; 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma+AMIE|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||BCA/BSc in Computer Science with a minimum aggregate of 50%; 10+2+3 years of Degree|
|M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm with a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying exam; 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma+AMIE|
How To Fill TANCET 2020 Application Form?
TANCET Application Download is in online mode only. TANCET Application Procedure 2020 is as follows:
- The application procedure is online only
- The registration form will be available on the official website https://www.annauniv.edu/
- The candidates will have to generate a login ID by filling in preliminary details, after which the form will demand personal information and educational qualifications to be filled in
- After the filling of the application form, the candidates will be directed to the payment page, where they can pay the application fee through net banking, or debit/credit cards.
Details To Enter in TANCET Application Form 2020 Anna University
The details to be provided in the Anna University TANCET 2020 Application Form is as follows
Entrance test details
- Entrance Test Center – Select the test center from the drop-down menu
- Entrance test applied for – Choose the course/courses for which you wish to apply for.
- Section Under Part III Opted for
- Date of Birth
Address for Communication
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Address Line 3
- X Std./Equivalent Registration No.
- X Std. / Equivalent Year of Passing
- XII Std. / Equivalent Year of Passing
- UG Degree Programme
- Qualifying Degree Year of Passing
Documents Required for TANCET Registration 2020
- Unique email id and mobile number of the candidate/guardian.
- Class 10th (SSLC) certificate and marksheet
- Class 12th (Higher Secondary) marksheet.
- Scanned image of the candidate’s photo.
- Copy of community certificate in the pdf format for the SC/ST/SCA category candidate.
- Debit card/credit card / other details required for online payment.
TANCET Application Fee 2020
- The application fee for one program is Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC /SCA /ST candidates).
- Candidates applying to more than one program have to pay an additional sum of Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/-for SC /SCA /ST candidates and residents of Tamil Nadu).
|Name of the Program||General||SC/ST/SCA|
|MBA and MCA||Rs.1200||Rs.600|
|MBA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||Rs.1200||Rs.600|
|MCA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||Rs.1200||Rs.600|
|MBA, MCA, and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||Rs.1800||Rs.1200|
Mode of Payment: Candidate can pay the application fee in online mode using credit/debit card/net banking.
TANCET Exam Centres
TANCET Exam Pattern 2020
- The candidates taking the TANCET 2020 for MBA/MCA will have to solve 100 questions in 120 minutes.
- Each correct response will be awarded one mark and a penalty of ⅓ marks will be imposed for every incorrect answer.
- For M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch/M. Plan, the paper will be divided into three sections of 20, 35, and 60 questions respectively.
- The marking scheme will be the same, i.e, one mark for every correct answer and ⅓ negative for each wrong response.
- The duration of the test will be 120 minutes.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions for MBA and MCA from the table below.
|Name of the subject||Number of questions||Total marks|
|MCA / MCA lateral entry||100||100|
Check the distribution of questions in M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan courses from below:
|Parts||Number of questions||Number of marks|
TANCET Syllabus 2020
The detailed syllabus for each engineering branch can be found on the official website www.annauniv.edu
- MBA: Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Mathematics, English Language
- MCA: Quantitative Ability, Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness
- M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch: Engineering Mathematics: Determinants, Matrices, Eigen Values, and Eigen Vectors, Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Integration, Complex Variable Functions, Complex Integration, Laplace Transform, Fourier Transform Pair, Probability, Correlation, Regression, Moments and Random Variables
- Basic Sciences: Applied Mechanics, Friction, Thermodynamics, Sound, Radiography, Magnetism, Material Science, Fluid Statics and Dynamics, Kirchhoff’s Law, AC Circuits, Instrumentation, Computer Basics, C Language, Chromatography, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry.
TANCET Admit Card 2020
- The TANCET 2020 admit cards will available for download on the official website www.annauniv.edu.tancet
- The admit cards should be retained even after the exam, for counseling purposes.
- In case the candidate loses the admit card, he/she can request a new one by writing to the below address With a DD of Rs. 100/-, along with the registration number and the Examination Centre details.
Chennai – 600 025
TANCET Results and Counselling
- TANCET 2020 results will be declared in June 2020.
- The counseling will be based on the Merit List.
- Candidates will also be admitted through GATE scores and some Sponsored seats will also be filled by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Admissions through TANCET 2020 will be based on the scores.
- The detailed TANCET Counseling schedule 2020 will be updated on the official website soon.
TANCET Important Points
- Entry in the exam hall is not permitted without producing admit cards on the day of the exam.
- The use of a calculator is not allowed in any subject/paper
- Candidates are required to retain the admit cards even after the examination. The same cards will be used in the counseling rounds for all identification purposes. Follow the steps mentioned in the above article in case you lose your admit card
FAQ’s on TANCET 2020
What is the use of TANCET?
TANCET is conducted by Anna University for admission into PG and UG courses like MBA, MCA, M.Arch from various colleges in Tamil Nadu State. Students who are interested to apply can apply for TANCET before 31st January 2020.
Is TANCET compulsory for MBA?
Apart from the TANCET MBA eligibility, the TANCET eligibility criteria 2020 has been announced for admission to other courses. TANCET 2020 is the MBA entrance test for the MBA admission 2019 in the colleges of Tamil Nadu State.
What is the meaning of TANCET?
The Full form of TANCET is the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. TANCET is state level examination and is conducted by Tamil Nadu State and is organized by Anna University.
How do I apply for TANCET 2020?
Students can apply for TANCET 2020 by online mode only. To apply online, students must need to visit the official website. Students can register online by providing the necessary information, fill in details in the application form, pay the application fee and finally take a print out of the completed form for future reference.
Is there any form correction facility available for the candidates?
It has not yet been specified that if the edit form facility will be provided or not. However, if it is available it will be uploaded on this page.
Where can I apply for Tancet 2019?
The application form is released by online mode only, there is no offline form for TANCET 2020.
Check other Common Entrance Exams from here.
We wish all the TANCET 2020 good luck for the upcoming exam. Please feel free to post any queries in the comments section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.