TANCET 2019 | Exam Pattern, Application Form, Syllabus, Results and Counselling Details
Anna University, on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu conducts the state level examination TANCET for admissions in Post Graduate Courses like M.E. / M. Tech. / M. Arch. / M. Plan. / M.C.A. / M.B.A. Courses. The candidates with a valid GATE score are exempted from TANCET, except those in Engineering Sciences and Life Sciences. Read on to find out more about TANCET 2019
TANCET 2019 Tentative Schedule
|Commencement of Registration||April 2019 Week 1|
|Last date for registration||April 2019, Week 3|
|Date of examination TANCET 2019||May 2019, Week 3|
|Declaration of Result||June 2019, Week 2|
|Counselling Begins||To be Announced|
TANCET 2019 Courses Offered and Eligibility Criteria
|Courses Offered||Eligibility Criteria|
|MBA||Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for reserved category); 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern; B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm; 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma+AMIE|
|MCA||Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years with an aggregate of 50% (45% for reserved category); 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern; 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma+AMIE|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||BCA/BSc in Computer Science with a minimum aggregate of 50%; 10+2+3 years of Degree|
|M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm with a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying exam; 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma+AMIE|
TANCET 2019 Exam Structure
- The candidates taking the TANCET 2019 for MBA/MCA will have to solve 100 questions in 120 minutes.
- Each correct response will be awarded one mark and a penalty of ⅓ marks will be imposed for every incorrect answer.
- For M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch/M. Plan, the paper will be divided into three sections of 20, 35, and 60 questions respectively.
- The marking scheme will be the same, i.e, one mark for every correct answer and ⅓ negative for each wrong response.
- The duration of the test will be 120 minutes.
TANCET 2019 Syllabus
- MBA: Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Mathematics, English Language
- MCA: Quantitative Ability, Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness
- M.tech/M.E/M.Arch: Engineering Mathematics: Determinants, Matrices, Eigen Values, and Eigen Vectors, Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Integration, Complex Variable Functions, Complex Integration, Laplace Transform, Fourier Transform Pair, Probability, Correlation, Regression, Moments and Random Variables
- Basic Sciences: Applied Mechanics, Friction, Thermodynamics, Sound, Radiography, Magnetism, Material Science, Fluid Statics and Dynamics, Kirchhoff’s Law, AC Circuits, Instrumentation, Computer Basics, C Language, Chromatography, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry
The detailed syllabus for each engineering branch can be found on the official website www.annauniv.edu
TANCET 2019 Application Procedure
- The application procedure is online only
- The registration form will be available on the official website https://www.annauniv.edu/
- The candidates will have to generate a login ID by filling in preliminary details, after which the form will demand personal information and educational qualifications to be filled in
- After the filling of the application form, the candidates will be directed to the payment page, where they can pay the application fee through net banking, or debit/credit cards.
TANCET 2019 Application Fees
- The application fee for one programme is Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC /SCA /ST candidates).
- Candidates applying to more than one programme have to pay an additional sum of Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/-for SC /SCA /ST candidates and residents of Tamil Nadu)
TANCET 2019 Admit Card
- The TANCET 2019 admit cards will available for download on the official website www.annauniv.edu
- The admit cards should be retained even after the exam, for counseling purposes.
- In case the candidate loses the admit card, he/she can request a new one by writing to
Chennai – 600 025
With a DD of Rs. 100/-, along with the registration number and the Examination Centre details.
TANCET 2019 Results and Counselling
- TANCET 2019 results will be declared in June 2019.
- The counseling will be based on the Merit List.
- Candidates will also be admitted through GATE scores and some Sponsored seats will also be filled by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Admissions through TANCET 2019 will be based on the scores.
- The detailed counseling schedule will be updated on the official website soon.
- Entry in the exam hall is not permitted without producing admit cards on the day of the exam.
- The use of a calculator is not allowed in any subject/paper
- Candidates are required to retain the admit cards even after the examination. The same cards will be used in the counseling rounds for all identification purposes. Follow the steps mentioned in the above article in case you lose your admit card
We wish all the TANCET 2019 good luck for the upcoming exam. Please feel free to post any queries in the comments section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.