Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) will be conducted in May-June 2019, mostly. This exam is conducted for admissions into Undergraduate, Postgraduate courses, certificates, Diplomas, and Advanced Diplomas. VBCAT is conducted Viswa Bharti Santiniketan, founded by Rabindra Nath Tagore. Candidates who are willing to apply to get admissions in given courses, have to enroll themselves through application form which will be available in the official website,www.visvabharati.ac.in.
Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) 2019 | Notification, Application Form, Dates, Syllabus, Pattern, Admit Card
Candidates applying for Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) also need to check whether they meet the eligibility criteria, as per mentioned by University, before applying for it. After applying for VBCAT 2019, candidates are advised to prepare for the test as per the syllabus prescribed by the conducting body.
VBCAT 2019, admit cards for candidates will be made available online on the official website. After the declaration of results, candidates who have cleared the Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT), have to undergo admission procedure as per the dates provided. Let us read the complete details related to Visva Bharati University 2019 admissions, dates, exams, application forms, fees, etc.
VBCAT Overview 2019
Get highlights of Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) which will be conducted this year in 2019. Know the details related to the name of the examination, conducting body, application mode, examination mode, level of examination, etc.
|Exam Name||Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT)|
|Conducted By||Visva Bharati University|
|Mode of Applying for Exam||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam Level||National level|
VBCAT 2019 Important Dates
Below are the important dates(tentative) related to the Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) 2019. Please check the application submitting date, exam date, admit card issue date and results declaration for VB exams. Start your preparation for VBCAT 2019 for graduation and post graduation, based on the course applied for.
|Application to be filled from||1st week of May|
|Last date to register||2nd of May|
|Results out||Last week of June|
|Admissions from the first Merit list||Last week of June|
|Counseling||The third week of August|
|Admission for Second merit list||The first week of August|
VBCAT 2019 Application Form
- The application form for Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) 2019 will be available online on the official website, http://www.visvabharati.ac.in.
- Candidates who want to apply online have to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the prescribed courses by Viswa Bharti University.
- Candidates are required to fill the details as per mentioned in the application form, such as Name, email id, phone number, gender, date of birth, etc.
- Upload the scan copy of photo and signature.
- Pay the fees to complete the application process.
- Application fees for VBCAT are as follows
|Category||One Course||Each course|
|SC, ST, and PWD||Rs.150/-||Rs.75/-|
VBCAT 2019 Syllabus
- The syllabus for Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) 2019 is based on the general level as per the previous academic qualification.
- Let us go through below the syllabus covered for VBCAT for each course www.visvabharati.ac.in/Syllabus.html
VBCAT 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates who have applied for Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) 2019, will be able to download the admit card directly from the website, http://www.visvabharati.ac.in.
- Candidates will be issued admit card on the basis of verification done for Marksheets, Certificates and other documents.
- Admit card for VBCAT will not be sent via post from VB University.
- Admit card will carry the details of test center and candidates have to carry it while examination, compulsorily.
VBCAT 2019 Test Center
Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) 2019 will be conducted by Viswa Bharti University. As per last year information, the admission test for Viswa Bharti CAT was conducted in Shantiniketan and Sriniketan. Candidates have to select the test center locations of their own choice. If there are any changes in the location of the test center, it will be informed online here.
Viswa Bharti University Courses
Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT), offers courses for admission into Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. Check below the list for all the courses.
- M.A. in Education
- B.A. and B.Sc (Honours) in Physical Education
- B.Mus.(Bachelor in Music) with Honours in Rabindra Sangit
- Hindustani Classical Music(Vocal)
- Hindustani Classical Music Instrumental(Sitar/ Esraj/ Tabla/ Pakhawaj)
- Kathakali Dance
- Manipuri Dance
- Drama and Theatre Arts
- M.Mus.(Bachelor in Music) with Honours in Rabindra Sangit
- B.Sc.(Hons)in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Statistics, and Computer Science
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Biotechnology, Zoology and Botany
VBCAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to apply for Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) 2019 should match their qualifications and required skills as per the eligibility criteria mentioned by the VB University. And only those candidates are permitted to appear for the VBCAT 2019 exam. Go through the below-given eligibility criteria’s for Viswa Bharti University.
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen
- Candidates applying for undergraduate courses, have to pass their intermediate or equivalent examination with the required aggregate marks, as per VB University.
- Candidates applying for postgraduation courses should have passed their UG or Bachelor’s degree with the required aggregate marks, as per VB University.
- Candidates who want to apply for certification should have passed 10+2 or 10+2+3 examinations as per requirements.
- Age limit for UG courses should be a minimum of 17 years and maximum 25 years whereas for PG courses minimum age of the candidate should be 22 years and maximum should be 30 years.
VBCAT 2019 Results
- The results for Visva Bharati Common Admission Test (VBCAT) 2019 will be declared after the completion of exams.
- Results will be published on the official website, http://www.visvabharati.ac.in.
- The result will be declared in the month of June 2019.
- Candidates will be called for counseling procedure after the declaration of merit lists.
VBCAT 2019 Cut-off
- Candidates have to score the cut off marks to participate in counseling procedure.
- The minimum cutoff marks for General category candidates is 30 out of 100 and for OBC candidates is 27 out of 100.
- There are no minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST category.
- Candidates who have cleared the cut-off marks will be called for counseling round.
- Candidates are required to bring the following documents at the time of counseling- a copy of application form, academic mark sheets, birth certificate or any proof, caste certificate or equivalent, etc.