Vijaya Bank PO Salary Structure | Promotions and Career Growth
Vijaya Bank PO Salary, Emoluments, Promotions and Career Growth
Vijaya Bank PO Salary: Vijaya Bank is a PAN India Institution with its Head Office at Bangalore and has built a network of 2125 branches, spanning across all States and Union Territories in the country with total employee strength of around 16000. Working with such a prestigious banking body is any man’s dream because here one will not gain respect but also get a good salary.
Candidates who are preparing for this prestigious job, are also inquisitive about the salary offered to them by the job. So here in this article, we have tried to clear all your doubts about Vijaya Bank PO Salary structure and also provides you with some detailed information regarding the process of recruitment and exam pattern.
Vijaya Bank PO Overview and Eligibility Criteria
Before going in detail discussion about Vijaya Bank PO Salary, first, we will discuss eligibility criteria, mode of examination and exam pattern.
Name of post and scale
|Probationary Asst. Manager (Credit) (JMGS I) in General Banking Stream||Min. 21 years Max. 30 years
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline with minimum 60% marks AND MBA/PGDBM/PGDM/PGBM/PGDBA – (with specialization in Finance) – through the full-time course from a reputed institution (two/three-year programme) / Post-graduation degree in Commerce/ Science /Economics/Law.
Candidates selected for the above post will have to undergo a specially designed course through an institute selected by the Bank.
- The course will be for a duration of 3 months.
- During the course, candidates will be paid a stipend of Rs. 15,000/- p.m.
- At the end of the course, an exit test will be conducted. Only, those candidates who pass the exit test by scoring the cut off marks as decided by the Bank will be offered appointment in the Bank as “Probationary Asst. Manager (Credit) in JMG Scale – I in General Banking Stream”.
Vijaya Bank PO Exam pattern
Vijaya Bank PO selection procedure consists of the following two stages:
- Online written test
- Personal Interview
The online written test consists of the following sections
|General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry||
Vijaya Bank PO Recruitment exam
- The Vijaya Bank PO Recruitment exam will be of online mode.
- The penalty for wrong answers: There will be 0.25 negative marking.
- Final selection will be based on the combined marks secured by the candidates in the Online Test and Personal Interview.
Vijaya Bank PO Salary, Emoluments and Job Profile and Promotions
|Salary & Emoluments|
23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020
In addition, officers are also eligible for Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance (HRA), Furniture and Fixtures, Accommodation (in lieu of HRA), Leave encashment & LTC encashment in lieu of LTC, Reimbursement of Conveyance, Medical Aid, Hospitalization expenses, Retirement benefits, Loans at concessional rates as per the rules of the Bank. They are eligible for liberal welfare schemes & benefits.
Vijaya Bank PO Salary | Basic Pay
The Basic Pay in Vijaya Bank PO Salary (JMGS-I) is Rs. 23700 – (980×7) – 30560 – (1145×2) – 32850 – (1310×7) – 42020.
A newly recruited Probationary Assistant Managers’ basic pay will be ₹ 23700.
Vijaya Bank PO will receive an annual increment of ₹ 980 and continue receiving such increment for 7 years and when the basic pay reaches Rs 30560, he will be eligible to get another increment of ₹ 1145 which will continue for 2 continuous years.
Once the increment reaches to ₹ 32850, the officer will be eligible for an increment of Rs 1310 for 7 long years till the Basic Pay reaches ₹ 42020.
Other benefits and pers in Vijaya Bank PO Salary:
Dearness Allowance (DA): Dearness Allowance is revised on a quarterly basis depending on the CPI. It differs from various employees based on their location. This implies that the Dearness Allowance is different for employees working in the urban sector, semi-urban sector and the rural sector.
City Compensatory Allowance (CCA): CCA is provided on the basis of job location where the PO has been posted.
House Rent Allowance (HRA): This allowance is given depending on the posting of the Probationary Assistant Manager, i.e. on the basis of the place he is posted in. It can be anywhere in the Metropolitan Cities, Big Cities or any other locations.
Vijaya Bank PO Salary: Work Profile
- Vijaya Bank PO role is multi-tasking, as they are assigned for various banking activities like from handling of cash to cooperating with the team and supporting it as and when required.
- Vijaya Bank Po get training in various fields like marketing, loans, and advances, accounting as well as finance.
- POs also involved in helping and guiding customers to initiate Electronic Fund Transfers. They used to guide them about banking facilities and products available to them like issuing ATM cards, checkbooks, Demand draft, etc.
- Disbursing of loans also comes under the bank Pos. they provide loans to the needful and also done all documentation under their supervision. They follow up on defaulting borrowers.
Vijaya Bank PO Salary: Promotions
- After completing probation of 2 years, the candidate will get the post of a Junior Manager Grade (JMG) Scale-I.
- The first promotion of an Assistant Manager takes place after serving three years in the bank.
- A Junior Manager Grade (JMG) Scale-I is then promoted to Middle Management Grade (MMGS) Scale-II Officer.
- MMGS Scale-II Officer is promoted to MMGS Scale-III Officer.
Here we have provided Vijaya Bank PO Salary structure in detail. We had also discussed the exam pattern, eligibility criteria, and the courses offered by the bank. Through this article, we got the complete idea about the exam and how fruitful career banking aspirant can make in Vijaya Bank as Probationary Asst. Manager (Credit) in JMG Scale – I.