Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU), Kota, was established on July 23, 1987. The open university offers various UG, PG and Diploma courses. The admissions take place twice a year, i.e, in the January session and in the July session. The notification has been released for the July session. Some courses involve admission tests, for which admit cards will be released after the registration.
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) 2019 | Registration, Eligibility, Selection Process, Results, and Counselling Procedure
The candidates seeking admissions will have to fill a registration form on the official website. The selection criteria will differ from course to course. Read on to find more about the university and the admission process. The schedule for B.Ed course entrance examination has been released till now.
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) Important Dates
|Notification Release for B.Ed. examination||February 21, 2019|
|Commencement of application||February 21, 2019|
|Registration deadline||April 8, 2019|
|Entrance examination||May 19, 2019|
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) 2019 Courses and Eligibility Criteria
The following courses are offered at the university, with the eligibility criteria listed below
|B.A./ B.Com/B.Sc.||10+2 examination or equivalent examination from a recognized|
|Bachelor of Journalism||Bachelor’s degree in any field|
|Bachelor of Journalism (Lateral)||BJMC or equivalent degree from VMOU|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks|
|BBA/BCA/BSW||Senior Secondary (10+2) or One Year BAP/BCP/BSCP of VMOU|
|B.Ed.||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks|
|BA/ B.Com/ B.Sc (Preparatory)||Pass Matriculation Examination|
|MBA||Bachelor’s Degree (minimum TDC) with 50% marks, Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with three years of Supervisory / Managerial / Professional Experience|
|M.A./Master of Commerce (M.Com)||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Master of Journalism (MJ)||Bachelor’s Degree along with 1-year BLMC degree|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||Bachelor of Library and Information Science|
|Master of Computer Science/ Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Division or equivalent.|
|M.Sc./ Master of Social Work (MSW)||Bachelor’s Degree|
|PG Diploma in Computer Application/ Gandhian Nonviolent Conflict Resolution||Bachelor’s Degree|
|PG Diploma in Labour Laws, Industrial Relations and Personnel Management||Master’s degree with a minimum of 48% Marks or LL.B. (Academic or Professional) or Bachelor’s Degree|
|PG Diploma in Water Resource Management||Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering/Agricultural Engineering/B.Sc. (Agri)|
|PG Diploma in Guidance and Counselling/ Computer Accounting and Audit/ New Media/ Cyber Laws/ Intellectual Property Rights/ Yoga Science||Bachelor’s Degree|
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) B.Ed. Exam Pattern
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of questions||150|
|Sections||Mental Education, Teaching Aptitude, General Knowledge, Hindi, and English language|
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) B.Ed. Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the different sections is given below. There will be 30 questions in each section.
- Mental ability: Reasoning, Imagination, Judgment and Decision Making, Creative Thinking, Generalization, Drawing Inferences
- Teacher Attitude: Teaching profession, Teaching learning process, learner and teacher, Social involvement, experimentation and innovations pertaining to school activities, Professional Ethics, etc., kindness, co-cooperativeness, patience, fairness, wide interest, discipline, enthusiasm, and optimism
- General Awareness: Current affairs, Indian History and Culture, India and its natural resources, Great India Personalities (Past and Present), Environmental awareness, Awareness about Rajasthan.
- Language Proficiency – Hindi/ English: Spelling, Sentence structures (Simple and Compound), Comprehension/ Unseen Passage, Functional Grammar, Vocabulary, Correct Language usage.
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) Application Process
- The application form can be filled online on the official website online.vmou.ac.in/OnlineAdmission.aspx.
- The personal details and educational details have to be specified.
- The participants will have to upload their passport-sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- The candidate will then be directed to the online payment page.
- The forms for B.Ed course are out now. There are different forms for different courses, which will be released at different points of time.
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) Admit Cards
The admit cards for the entrance exam will be released online only. The candidates are advised to check every detail printed on the card, to avoid any discrepancies later. The candidates will not be permitted to enter the examination hall without the printed copy of the admit card.
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) Result and Counselling
The results will be declared soon after the entrance examination. The candidates who qualify the exam will be called for the counseling. The counseling will commence tentatively from the second week of May 2019. The counseling schedule will be up on the official website soon.
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) Reservation
The following are the percentages of the seats reserved for each category
We hope that we were able to help you with all the information related to VMOU admissions. For any other query, please post in the comments section below.