WBJEE Counseling 2019: West Bengal joint entrance exam board, also known as WBJEE has started the WBJEE counseling 2019 process for the candidates that are qualified in JEE main and WBJEE. It is important to go through the registration process first, before having to go through the counseling process. After the registration is done, candidates are required to fill their courses and colleges in their order of preference.
- WBJEE Round 2 Seat Allotment has been released on 8th July 2019. Click Here to Check WBJEE Round 2 Seat Allotment 2019.
- WBJEE Round 1 Seat Allotment Result has been released on 3rd July 2019. Click Here to check WBJEE Round 1 Seat Allotment 2019.
- Check WBJEE Counselling Round 1 Result 2019
- WBJEE 2019 Counseling Registration has been Started from 25th June 2019. Click Here to Register & Choice Filling.
- Click Here to Check Counseling Schedule Notice.
- Click Here to check opening and closing rank
Based on the choices filled, candidates will have to make the online payment of the admission fee provisionally and also visit the Institute for verification of their documents and subsequent admission process. Those candidates that will not get seats in the 1st round of WBJEE, will be allowed the seats in round 2. Also, the candidates that have gotten the seats in round 1 can also opt for upgradation in round 2. This is done when they are not satisfied with the allocated seats. In a similar manner, round 3 will also be conducted. To know more about the WBJEE counseling 2019 process in detail, read the full article.
This year, WBJEE was conducted on 26th May. The concerned authorities will set up mock counseling centers for candidates to have an idea of the online counseling process and choice filling.
WBJEE Counselling Important Dates 2019
|1||Online registration, creation of password and payment of registration fees||June 25 to 29, 2019|
|2||Online choice filling||June 25 to 30, 2019|
|3||Choice Locking by Candidates||June 29 to 30, 2019|
|4||Choice locking by system||June 30, 2019|
|5||Seat allotment result – Round 1||July 3, 2019|
|6||Payment of provisional admission fees and reporting to RCs for document verification, withdrawal, etc – Round 1||July 4 to 7, 2019|
|7||Seat allotment result – Round 2||July 9. 2019|
|8||Payment of provisional admission fees and reporting to RCs for document verification (for new allotment only), withdrawal, etc – Round 2||July 10 to 11, 2019|
|9||Seat allotment result – Round 3||July 13, 2019|
|10||Payment of provisional admission fees and reporting to RCs for document verification (for new allotment only), withdrawal, etc – Round 3||July 15 to 17, 2019|
|11||Physical reporting and admission at finally allotted institutes (PI) by candidates having a seat allotment||July 4 to 20, 2019|
|12||E-Admission closes||July 20, 2019|
WBJEE Counselling 2019 – Schedule for JEE Main 2019
The candidates that can also participate in WBJEE counseling on the basis of marks scored in JEE main 2019. Below is the schedule provided for such candidates
|Start of online registration||24/6/2019 – 29/06/2019|
|Fee payment and choice filling||24/6/2019 – 30/06/2019|
|Choice locking to be done until||30/06/2019 (By midnight)|
|Round 1 seat allotment declaration||03/07/2019|
|Round 1 – a collection of allotment cards, document verification, initial fee payment, withdrawal of admission, physical reporting||04/7/2019 – 07/07/2019|
|Round 2 seat allotment declaration||09/07/2019|
|Round 2 – a collection of allotment cards, document verification, initial fee payment, withdrawal of admission, physical reporting||10/7/2019 – 11/07/2019|
|Last date for admission and physical reporting at the final allotted institute for all the candidates that have been allocated a seat||20/07/2019|
WBJEE Round Wise Schedule for Counseling
WBJEE counseling process consists of three rounds. In case, the seats are left vacant, there will be a fourth-round conducted by the board.
WBJEE Counselling – Registration
As the initial step, candidates have to register themselves to take part in counseling. After the registration, candidates have to fill the choices within the given time period. In the case where the choices are not locked, they will be locked once the time period is over.
WBJEE Counselling – Round 1
Once the choices for the registered candidates for e-counseling are locked, the total seats present with the board will be given to the candidates based on their choice and rank. After the seats are allocated, candidates should report to the corresponding reporting centers. For the second round, there is a list of vacant seats which is generated. Thus, the seat allotment will be followed by visiting reporting centers which will be further followed by list for vacant seats for round 2.
WBJEE Counseling – Round 2
In this round, the seats which are left over are allowed to the candidates that are unallocated. These choices are also upgraded for the candidates. The candidates here do not need to report to reporting centers if they do not wish to change their choices. Like round 1, there will be a list of vacant seats generated for the last round. Thus, in round 2, remaining candidates will be allocated the seats. This will be followed by upgradation of choices. Finally, there will be a list of vacant seats generated for round 3.
Eligibility Criteria for Counseling of the second round
- Group 1: Here registered candidates who did not get any seat in round 1.
- Group 2: Registered candidates that got seats in round 1 and visited the reporting centers. But the allocated seats were canceled due to any kind of non-fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
- Group 3: Registered candidates who were given a seat in round 1, also reported to the reporting center, completed their formalities related to admission and also submitted their willingness for upgradation incoming rounds of counseling.
- Group 4: Candidates that were allowed a seat in round 1, also reported to the reporting center, completed their formalities related to admission and also submitted their willingness ‘No’ for upgradation incoming rounds of counseling. The allowed seats for these candidates will be retained in a similar category or in the upgraded category.
Ineligibility for the second round of counseling
- Candidates reported but withdrew from the reporting centers
- Did not report to reporting centers after the seats are allocated in the first round
- Failure to produce the documents
WBJEE Counseling – Round 3
In this round, the seat is allocated to the un-allocated with the choice of upgradation. The candidates here are not required to report if they do not want to change their choices. In this round seat is allocated to left out candidates. This is followed by a choice of upgradation. Furthermore, this will be followed by visiting reporting centers.
WBJEE Counselling Process 2019
WBJEE counseling 2019 involves the computer-based centralized choice filling and seat allotment process. After each round of seat allotment is completed, candidates are required to report for submission of tuition fees and document verification for the provisional admission. The admission process for both JEE main AIR holders and WBJEE qualifiers is entirely the same. Furthermore, it can be divided into 5 steps for candidates to get admission into their preferred institute and course. These steps include:
- Online registration
- Choice filling
- Allocation of seats
- Document verification and reporting
- Admission and confirmation
WBJEE Counselling – Online Registration
- The first for the WBJEE qualifiers is the registration.
- Go to the official WBJEE website which is wbjeeb.nic.in and click on the ‘New candidate registration’ tab.
- In the tab, you will be asked to fill out details like application form number, WBJEE roll number, candidate name, security PIN and date of birth.
- After registration is done successfully, a password and ID will be generated.
- Save these credentials in a safe place for future purposes.
WBJEE Counselling – Filling of Choice
- The next step in the counseling process is the choice filling.
- In this step, log in using the password and ID generated.
- Once you are logged in, select your choice from given courses and colleges.
- Candidates should be careful while locking their choices before the stipulated dates mentioned.
- The option to submit and edit the final choice will expire on the given due date at 5 PM. Thus, choices filled so far will be locked automatically.
- It is important to understand that the order of selection is important while filling the seat allotment.
- Once the choices are locked for students, there will be no change entertained afterward.
- Also, there is no restriction to the filling choices, so fill as many as you can.
- For any future reference, candidates should takeout a print of their selected choices.
WBJEE Counselling – Allocation of Seats
After the choice filling procedure is over, candidates will be given their seats based on their preference and ranks. This process will further be carried online and the students are required to check their seat allocation.
WBJEE Counselling – Document Verification and Reporting
- Those candidates that have been allocated the seat is required to report physically to the RC.
- This is a mandatory step in the counseling process.
- Carry all the documents that are necessary at the center.
- Students need to pay their initial admission fee at this stage.
- For TFW (Tuition fee waiver), candidates are required to pay Rs. 4000 and government university Institute the fee is Rs. 5000. For private institutes, the fee to be paid is Rs. 20,000.
WBJEE Counselling – Admission and Confirmation
The final step in the process is to personally visit the allocated institute and complete the admission formalities. In any case, if a candidate is unable to report at the specified Institute, the provisional admission of such candidate will be rejected.