WBJEE Result 2020: WBJEE 2020 was conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board in offline mode on 26th May 2019. The students were assessed in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. After the exam, the WBJEE board will release the result in the month of June 2020.
You can view your results by logging in with your roll number and date of birth information. This score is used in shortlisting candidates for admission in Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy degree courses. If you qualify in the test, you are then eligible to appear for the WBJEE 2020 counseling. Read on to find out more.
WBJEE 2020 Answer key has been released by Coaching Institutions, the Officially Answer key will be available soon. Check Below Answer key
|Subjects||Institutional Answer key|
|Date of Examination (Revised)||2nd February 2020|
|Answer Key||1st week of February 2020|
|Final Answer Key Released||2nd week of February 2020|
|Publication of result||last week of February 2020|
|Starting of counseling||To be Announced|
How To Check WBJEE Results?
Make sure to download the scorecard only from the official website. Below given is the procedure for the same.
- Go to the official WBJEE website wbjeeb.nic.in
- Click on the link provided for WBJEE 2019 Rank Card.
- Log in by entering your application number and password.
- You will now be able to view your rank card.
- Download it and keep it safe for future references.
Details Mentioned on WBJEE Rank Card
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Rank Secured by the Candidate (Rank will be present only for those candidates who will clear WBJEE 2019 cut off), Merit and category-wise.
- Marks Obtained in Mathematics (Paper-1), Physics, and Chemistry (Paper-2).
- Total Score obtained in WBJEE
Note: To get the duplicate hard copy of your rank card, you will have to pay Rs. 500 to the WBJEE board through Demand Draft, payable in Kolkata. You can request for the duplicate till August 31, 2019. Candidates who have cleared the cut off will get rank and will be called for WBJEE 2020 counseling.
WBJEE 2020 Merit Ranks
The WBJEE board releases two merit ranks based on the paper you appear for :
- General Merit Rank (GMR): The GMR is based on the total score obtained in Paper-1 and Paper-2. This is applicable for admission to all Engineering/Technology/Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course at Jadavpur University.
- Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR): This list is based only on the marks scored in Paper-2. PMR is applicable for admission to all Pharmacy courses except at Jadavpur University.
If you appeared for both paper-1 and paper-2 and secured above the cut-off marks, you will secure both GMR and PMR.
WBJEE Tie-Breaker Criteria
If two or more candidates score the same marks, the rank is decided based on the following criteria
Tie-breaking Rule for GMR
- The candidate who will secure less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry took together will be considered higher in merit.
- Another scenario could if the tie still exists, the candidate who will score more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics took together will be placed higher. If this does not break the tie, the candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together will be placed higher in merit.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be given preference.
- Next method to break the tie could be to give preference to the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher if the tie is still not resolved. Followed by more positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, and then more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions if the tie is still not resolved.
- If the tie is still not resolved by applying the above methods, then the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher.
- To break the tie, the candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher in merit.
- The final tie-breaker criteria will be by considering the date of birth of the candidate, The older candidate will be given preference over the younger one.
Tie-breaking Rule for PMR
- Less negative marks in Physics and Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry
- Less negative marks in Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- Date of Birth of the candidate will be considered if the tie is not resolved by applying the above methods. The candidate older in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
WBJEE Counselling 2020
If you clear the WBJEE cut-off 2019, you will be eligible to take part in the counseling process. It will be held online. To participate, you need to register first and fill in your choices of the curses and colleges. Selection will be based on merit. After the counseling. you will have to appear for document verification.
Documents Required for Counselling
- 10 + 2 or equivalent exam mark sheet
- 10th Class Marksheet
- WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
- WBJEE, 2019 Score Card/WBJEE, 2019 Rank Card
- Counseling registration fee receipt
- Seat allotment letter
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
We hope that this article cleared out all the doubts you had regarding the WBJEE result 2020. Do check out our other related articles for more information.