National Career Service (NCS) 2020: National Career Service India is one of the charge mode schemes under the shade of the E-Governance Plan. It operates towards joining the break between job-seekers and companies, candidates taking training and career direction and firms giving training and career counseling by modifying the National Employment Service. It draws together all stakeholders like job seekers, employers, counselors, trainers, and private placement companies to promote the merging of information and build synergies through these organizations.
NCS gives a master of career-related services such as powerful job matching, career counseling, job information, vocational guidance, knowledge on skill development programs, internships and alike. A National Career Service Project of the Ministry of Labour and Employment is The Ministry of Labour & Employment is one of the oldest and important Ministries.
National Career Service Scheme
A National ICT based portal (www.ncs.gov.in) has been operationalized to serve youth closer to the right opportunities at the right time in their professions. On 20′ July 2015, Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated the National Career Service to the country. NCS also repositions the current 978 profession exchanges into Career Centers as the hub of career-related services. OBC Scholarship.
The focus sectors for the National Career Service program are listed below:
- Improving career and employment opportunities
- Counseling and direction for career development
- Concentrating on decent employment
- Improving female labour force participation
- Promoting entrepreneurial endeavors
National Career Service Portal
NCS gives people its various delivery mechanisms to enable residents with passage to nationwide openings. Nation-wide platform to present a wide variety of online services including job employment, vacancy information, information on formal training programs, on-job training and much more.
Hubs of career-related aids primarily employed in enrollment of different stakeholders, planning events such as job festivals and presenting career counseling to job-seekers.
NCS militaries are also available through Common Service Centres (CSC). People can avail NCS via CSC at stated charges and avail all its benefits. A multilingual call center to provide to the requirements of those who encounter trouble in booking or have other doubts. The Call Centre is operational from Tuesday to Sunday, from 8 AM to 8 PM (1800-425-1514).
NCS services are also open through Post Offices across the nation. Now, youth can simply register on the NCS Portal by visiting nearby post offices of their individual locations.
National Career Service Job Vacancies
Here are the details of active job vacancies provided by NCS. Also, get the details of month-wise data for active job seekers, employers and vacancies.
|Active Job Seekers||10,037,612|
Month-Wise NCS Data
|Month||Active Job Seekers||Active Employers||Active Vacancies|
The stakeholders involved in the National Service Career Portal are:
- Job Seekers
- Career Centers
- Skill Providers
- Placements Companies
- Government Organisations
A job seeker or candidate is a person who is looking for viable employment (job) opportunity. The National Career Service UPSC (NCS) portal registration provides ample employment opportunities to these jobseekers. To get a job through the NCS portal as a job seeker, you need to first register yourself on the portal. The registration allows you to search and apply for jobs on the portal. You can also view and update your profile on the portal after NCS registration.
The jobseeker module covers the following functionality:
- Access the Application
- NCS Portal login
- View/Edit Jobseeker Profile
- Search Jobs
- Jobs Applied
- My Interview
- Job Preferences
- Feedback on Local Services
- Assessment Tool
- My Appointments
- Job Fair participation
- Change Password
- Reports & Documents
- Profile (View & Download Profile and I-card)
National Career Service Portal New Registration
Any Jobseeker can register itself on NCS Portal by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit https://www.ncs.gov.in/layouts/15/NCSP/Registration.aspx
- The Home Page will be displayed
- Click on New User? Sign Up button on the right side of the Home Page, National Career Service Portal New Registration.
- For existing click on National Career Service Login.
- Select the Jobseeker option from the “Register As” drop-down. This displays the employer user registration screen.
- Fill the complete Registration Form basic details along with Unique Identification Number (either of Pan card, Voter’s Identity Card, Passport, Driving License, or UAN Number)
- After successful registration, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Use the same OTP for successful verification.
- After entering the OTP, click on Submit button and the account will be created successfully
- NCS offers two kinds of profiles for Jobseekers:
- Detailed Profile: For Jobseekers with qualification above class 12th
- Short Profile: For Jobseekers with qualification below class 12th.
NCS View and Update Jobseeker Profile
Once registered on the National Career Service Portal India, the Jobseeker should update profile to get Job recommendations and noticed by Employers for relevant openings.
- Click on “View/Update NCS Profile” in the left navigation panel and update profile
- Detailed Profile – Personal information, Physical Attributes, Communication, Education and Training, Experience, Other Skills, My references, Preferences all the tabs need to be updated
- Short Profile – Only needs to update Personal Information and Communication Tabs
- Upload relevant documents under each tab using “DigiLocker connect” Link. Job seekers who are already registered on DigiLocker can sign in using existing credentials and those who do not have DigiLocker account can sign up using mobile no. or Aadhaar no.
- Once successfully registered on DigiLocker, NCS will take consent to share certificates with NCS registered Employers. Once consent is granted, NCS and DigiLocker accounts get connected. “DigiLocker connect” link will now change to “Upload link labels.” Upload all required documents like CV, Caste certificate, Unique Identification Id, Differently Abled certificate, Passing Certificates and Final mark sheets under relevant tabs.
- Once the documents are uploaded, Jobseeker can update/delete them anytime.
NCS Download Resume
Jobseekers can download a standard CV by selecting View and download CV on the Left Navigation Panel. The CV would be system generated as per the details updated by the jobseeker in View/Update NCS Profile.
Search and Apply for jobs
- Once the profile is updated, Jobseeker can search for jobs by clicking on Search Jobs tab in the left navigation panel of the job seeker dashboard
- obs search can be customized by using specific keywords, Location, Expected Salary, etc. or using advanced search parameters to further narrow down the results
- After setting the search criteria, click the Search button to view search results in the Jobs section of the screen
- Jobseeker can also save his search criteria to get job notification emails on his registered email id.
- The search results can also be refined using the filters in the right navigation of the search page The job search results displays two types of jobs as follows:
- Direct Job Postings on NCS – Jobs posted on the NCS portal
- Job Postings by NCS Partners – Jobs posted on the NCS portal by partners
- Click the “Apply” button on right side of each job posting to apply for that particular job role
- For NCS partner jobs, jobseeker would be redirected to the partner’s website to finish the application process
NCS Scheduled Interview
- If an employer has selected the job seeker for an interview the same can be viewed by the jobseeker
- Job seekers can view all of his/her scheduled interviews with various employers in My Interviews tab section in the Left Panel of the job seeker dashboard
- Jobseekers have the option to accept the interview invite or reject the same requesting for a change in slot
NCS Job Fairs and Events
- Job Fairs & Events are conducted on a periodic basis where employers and job seekers come together for the purpose of recruitment
- Jobseekers can view, register and participate for the upcoming job fairs and events by selecting the Job Fairs and Events Tab in the left panel of the Jobseeker dashboard.
NCS Assessment Test
- Jobseekers can take Psychometric or Aptitude Test by clicking on the Assessment Test tab on the left panel of the job seeker dashboard
- Assessment Tests are free of cost and are available in both English and Hindi
- The results reports can be accessed from the Assessment Test tab on the left panel of the jobseeker dashboard as soon as the test is completed
NCS Find Counsellor’s
- Jobseekers can seek guidance from Counsellor’s, at a fee of maximum Rs. 300/- per hour. To find a counselor’s visit Home on the top panel of the job seeker dashboard. Select Find Counsellor in the search dropdown
- On selecting the type of counseling and state a list of registered counselors is displayed with their available time slots. Jobseekers can book an appointment as per the available slots.
NCS Find Career Center
jobseekers can seek in-person assistance by visiting any of the career centers of NCS. To find the career center’s visit Home on the top panel of the job seeker dashboard. Select Find Career Centre in the search dropdown. Career centers can be searched via location.
National Career Service Contact Number
- National Career Service Centre for Differently Abled, Himachal Pradesh: 1800 425 1514
- National Career Service, New Delhi: 011 2237 2704
- National Institute for Career Service (NICS), Ministry of Labour & Employment, UP: 0120 240 5623
FAQ’s on National Career Service 2020
What does the National Careers Service do?
National Career Service (NCS) refers to a national web portal – www.ncs.gov.in registration 2020 that brings job seekers, employers, career counselors and skill/training providers on a common platform.
How do I register for National Career Service Portal?
You could register online on the portal www.ncs.gov.in or visit the nearest Model Career Center or Common Service Center to get registered. You can also request the call center executive to register you by providing the required details.
What is the basic requirement for registration?
One must furnish basic details such as name, date of birth, qualifications, email id, phone number and unique identification document number such as Aadhaar Card number, PAN card number, Driver’s license number, Passport, NREGA card number Voters ID card number, etc.
Can I get a government job through the National Career Service?
NCS can only facilitate the process of govt. job search for the jobseekers, one can view job postings and apply for the same via the portal. NCS is not involved in the recruitment process, which is done by the concerned employer through the portal. However, you can save your preferences under the ‘Job Preferences’ tab on the left panel. This will help you get alerts about job postings that match your job preferences.
What does the National Careers Service do?